“Nice place with very convenient location”
Review of A Room in Paris

A Room in Paris
Ranked #16 of 132 Paris B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Nice place with very convenient location”
Reviewed January 12, 2009

My friend and I have just returned from Paris last week. Staying in A Room in Paris made it very convenient for us to go anywhere as it's only 5 minutes walk from Gare Du Nord. The property owner was quite friendly. He also helped recommend us, first timers, nice places to visit. The hotel itself was very nice and clean and we didn't have any problem with our stay at all. I would recommend my friends to stay there if they want a nice, convenient and inexpensive place to stay in Paris.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No private bathroom
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Chally39

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
California
Reviewed December 1, 2008

My partner and I stayed at this wonderful B&B over the New Years Holiday. The room we stayed in was very large and comfortable, and the location was just perfect. Each morning we were greeted with smiling faces and great food. The hosts were so friendly and inviting - I felt like they were family. Everyone went out of their way to help make our Paris trip spectacular. I would stay there again and I would recommend this place as a great value.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank PeterCata
Draper, UT
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We did not have an entirely pleasant stay at "A Room in Paris". Based upon advertising done be the proprietors of "A Room in Paris" we knew, in advance, that this B&B catered somewhat directly to gay travelers. This was of no consequence to us as we were simply looking for a well-placed, reasonably priced B&B that could accommodate our family of 5 adults and one 3-year-old child. However, when the host had friends over and conducted loud conversations in an adjoining room late (11:30) in the evening and I complained, he appeared to believe I was complaining about his choice of male friends rather than the fact that his activities were keeping us from some much-needed sleep. (Three of us had just come from Frankfurt where we competed in the European Ironman Championships.) He reacted with some rude remarks and slamming of doors (despite being well aware of a 3-year-old attempting to sleep). While the other aspects of the accommodation were acceptable, his reaction to my complaint, which was made firmly but politely, was entirely unacceptable. When I pointed this out, I received no apology but was told that I had neglected to remember that I was just a guest in his residence.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — attitude of host
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
12 Thank Tritraveler71
aroominparis, propriétaire at A Room in Paris, responded to this review, November 12, 2008
I am really very disappointed by this reaction. Every day I try to do my utmost to please my guests, I call it my vocation! It is a joy and every day again it is a pleasure to have happy guests. I guess 95% of my guests are adorable. 4% are guests that should have gone to a hotel and not have stayed in a chambre d'hôte! The remaining 1% are people that are horrible and misbehaving nasty guests.

These guests were all very nice, except for the father, he didnot greet me upon arrival, never said hallo when we met, or even at MY breakfast table. The evening I entertained some private guests I had checked several times if my guests (we were 4 and having dinner) had gone to sleep; they had not., so we continued, 5 minutes after I checked for the last time, this gentleman nearly torn down the curtains in opening the communicatin doors, and told us to shut up in a very nasty way. The next day he couldnot get into the building. He simply had not listened when I explained the entrance procedure. He made another nasty remark. that was reason for me to tell him that although he paid for his stay he was still a guest in my house, and that he was supposed to be polite, just like the other people in his party!
After this incident they stayed a few more days and he became a nice and agreable guest........