“My Home in Paris”

Ranked #16 of 129 Paris B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“My Home in Paris”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very close to the Gare du Nord in a bustling neighborhood on Rue Lafayette, the apartment is an oasis of peace and tranquiity. Reservation and booking was handled by Peet - very simple and straightforward! Rahim was our host for the 2 nights we stayed and he was most gracious and solicitous. He served up a beautiful breakfast in a charming room and kept us company so we felt like we were friends and not just(paying) guests of the house! Our bedroom was across the hall, with our own toilet and shower. The room was tastefully decorated and spacious. There is a tiny elevator (the smallest I have ever seen!) which is convenient to haul up luggage to the upper floor. We were allowed to leave our luggage on our last day as our train out of Paris departs in the evening. Rahim even helped us to grab a taxi to get to Gare de Lyon! This kind of hospitality is rare and truly precious. This is my Home in Paris!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Anna M A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This apt is located near Gare du Nord and along busy rue Lafayette. However once inside the courtyard the noise dissipates. Our host was Rahim. He was awesome. For four nights I along with two friends stayed in the private room with bath across from the main apartment where breakfast is served. The room itself was big and the beds were comfortable. The toilet and shower were separate and at opposite ends of the room which was not a problem. The free wi-fi signal was a bit week though. The room is adjacent to another room in the main apt, and you can hear other guests, vice versa. So if it's late please be courteous. There were a few nights we thought a party was brought back to the apt and we felt left out. Could have been Beaujolais Nouveau Day on Nov. 15. Walking into the main apt for breakfast we were greeted by Rahim and the most wonderful smell of baking croissants and butter. I will never forget that smell. Here you'll meet other guests. Everyone we met were nice and it was great talking to them. My friends and I loved our stay and would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate and stay here. Book early and hopefully you'll get the private room with bat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lane V
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If your purpose for traveling is to not only learn something new, but to get an idea of what it's like to live there - this is the place for you.

Everything Peet says about "A room in Paris" on his website and in his email communication with you is true.

True, we didn't meet Peet. Rahim was our host. But having breakfast with Rahim and the other guests every morning added to the joy of staying there. If it hadn't been for a breakfast conversation with another visitor we wouldn't have known you could rent bikes on the grounds in Versailles.

While we had one of the rooms with a shared bathroom - and it all ended up working out perfectly - the next time we go I hope we can get our own private bathroom.

It's also very close to Gare du Nord. Gare du Nord is a huge train station. It's a terminal for the national railway system, the regional and the local. The regional RER train from Charles de Gaulle makes a stop at Gare du Nord. It makes it very easy to get from the airport to the Room for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Book early. Only a few rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HunterBoss
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've only stay in this place one night by recommendation from friend. Came here and cheers by very welcoming owner (or manager?). Relax place after walking around Paris. Spacious room with private bathroom. I think this is kind of boutique hostel, nice decorated rooms and comfy bed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked the cheapest room - yet it was the best room I stayed in during my travels in France. My room was spacious, welcoming and the bed was incredibly comfortable. There was also a bath which was a sublime change from showers in your usual city accommodation. The hosts of this boutique B&B were incredibly friendly and helpful. They made me feel exceedingly welcome in their home and made my stay in Paris an enjoyable one. One felt incredibly safe leaving one's belongings with Thierry and Peet. Thierry was particularly helpful in assisting me with some travel issues I was having at the time. Breakfast provided an excellent start to the day, and I was even invited to share an evening meal with them. I have every intention of returning to stay here and could not recommend this place more

Room Tip: Don't be put off by room 1, the cheapest of the rooms. It is very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank ajs342
Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I returned from a 2 week vacation through Europe in September. Half way through we spent 2 nights at A Room in Paris. Peet was there to welcome us upon arrival, and answered the many questions we had about riding the RER and bike rental. This B&B is only 1.5 blocks from the Gare de Nord, which was convenient for when we headed north to Brussels a few days later. Peet has great directions from the station to the B&B.
We booked room #1 (the least expensive in order to save a little money) and it was cozy, colorful (red!), spacious. Our room window faced an alley which was nice and quiet. We were very happy with our room, and though our bedroom doors could not be locked, we felt that our belongings were safe with Peet being there. The bed was comfortable- we slept well, especially after long days of exploring. The bathrooms are shared among other guests, but that was never an issue. Clean, spacious bathrooms and showers!
Breakfast was incredible! Here is where I fell in love with croissants. Breakfast was a spread of breads, croissants, boiled eggs, cereal, a fresh fruit salad, juices, and coffee. A great start to our day. My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at a Room in Paris and our very pleasant host, Peet. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank runningpotters
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

...with my own loft apartment, conveniently located to Gard de Nord, I came and went as I pleased. The little lift was adequate to carry my suitcase up to the sixth floor or three people at a time. The room was spacious & had a private bathroon, kitchette, small dining set-up & couch.
The loft windows had views across the roof-tops to the statues on the station & back to the steeple of the St Vincent de Paul church.
I must mention the very generous assistance I received from Thierry on my day of arrival...the beauty & caring of being in someone's home over a hotel cannot be emphasised enough.
And then there's the breakfast!!! Croissant of course, fresh bread, eggs, cheese & meat, homemade cake, coffee, juice...heavenly. And all in a wonderfully decorated room where you'll meet other travels & share experiences.
Thank you guys.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, rooms at the front will have street noise but afternoon light.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple