“Not bad except...”
Review of Jarry Hotel

Jarry Hotel
Ranked #1,625 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful, bit rough location but very near to train stations which is good specially if you arrive late. Staff mega friendly (which I always pay a lot of attention to). Bit of a climb the fifth floor where I was staying, but room was clean and bed/pillows very comfortable. Pity the shower, had no curtains and bathroom felt like a pool after showering (very small btw). I paid £40 a night which for Paris I heard it's a good price. Free Internet available at reception and at decent speed. I would recomend it if I was traveling on a budget and I wanted a room for myself.

• Stayed August 2013
Franklin Square, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I wish I can say great things about this hotel. I live in New York and wasn't comfortable even with walking with 3 men. This isn't the hotels fault. The good was only the bed and shower was clean. We had the breakfast only one day and it was good. It was only a corssaint and bread and butter, juice and coffee. We only came back to sleep. The bad was the tiny, narrow steps, the room was very, very small that you can't walk around and lastly the noise at night outside the window. There are men that hang out across the street of this alleyway and talk loudly. I think they are dealing something because I looked out the windows and saw people coming up to them and leaving. The neighborhood during the day was busy like people going to work. I felt safe but at night it was deserted. Walking from the train station we made sure to look over our shoulders.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank zack728

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just returned home from a three night stay in Paris, the food was excellent, Paris sightseeing was excellent, the hotel, mmmm not even worth it's one star rating. there is no lift here so if you have a top floor room forget it, it's very tiring, especially after walking around Strasbourg St Denis metro station (like a right of way), the walls of the room at this hotel were very dirty indeed, and the staff, good grief they're like Basil Fawlty when you ask for something like an evening cup of coffee from their advertised Bar/Lounge (mustn't disturb late tv) also in the same area, one morning we came down to our PAID FOR breakfast and was virtually asked why we wanted breakfast in the first place. We'll never return there

Room Tip: Don't Stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LA
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Might be the manager doesn't like Americans and Russians? We had just AWFUL experience there! When we arrived our reservation was cancelled without any notice as the credit card ' didn't go through ' as the manager said, though it was ok. So he didn't wait for us, just tried to preauthorise the card, failed to do so and cancelled our booking on the day of our arrival!. The real reason was he rents the rooms to some illegal immigrants as the other travellers having the same experience explained. It was not until we made a scandal he booked a room for us in another hotel, which was not a hotel but an awful hangout without any license, dirty, scary, unsafe and full of cockroaches. BEWARE! Read the reviews on booking.com, I found the ones very similar to mine. It seems the manager can cancel the booking because of some personal dislike and throw you away into the street at night. Don't risk, find another hotel. Besides, the neighbourhood is criminal. This hotels staff is the worst and the most rude I've ever met!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo