“Great location, helpful staff”

Hotel Montparnasse Daguerre
Ranked #871 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here for just 2 nights but I would definitely return once again. If you're on a budget this is a great choice. Location was central, public transportation was nearby and easy to access. The staff was very helpful, especially Sophie at the desk and the gentleman who worked overnight. The room was pretty basic with old decor but the linens were fresh and the bathroom was very clean, that's what I find most important.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Montparnasse Daguerre during my integration trip at Paris. Having to stay at the hotel for a total of 7 nights, i was keen on reading reviews to be prepared. I was amazed at how many nice reviews the hotel had inspite being a middle priced property. I had to shell out 90 euros for a single room and trust me it was well worth it. If you take the location into consideration, you will easily end up saving another 10 -15 euros as many attractions are not too far by walk. The eiffel tower, louvre musuem and notre dame are all around 30-45 mins by walk.

The hotel itself was refreshing except for the lift as detailed by many reviewers. Thank fully i was booked on the first floor and had only a easily carriable luggage. Barring the lift, there is no negatives at all. The breakfast for 10 euros was just a tad expensive as there are several patisseries right outside the hotel. They hotel is located at Rue Daguerre which is like an important food street and you have all cuisines available there. A short walk to Boulevard Montparnesse where you can find more restaurants as it is a very happening place with cinemas, pubs and so on.

The staff were very courteous and helpful in all aspects right from providing with hot water for my tea (btw they do not have a kettle in the room, but can always have coffee/tea from the kitchen below the reception free of cost) to guiding me to the nearest station (which a 3 minute walk) and arranging taxi for my drop to airport.

Overall I would stay again and again in this hotel as long as I'm visiting Paris.

Room Tip: Preferably choose a room on the first floor - it's easier to carry luggage's If you get a r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fazilbadrudeen
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The title speaks for itself. This time, we stayed for seven nights. As usual, the rooms were good, and the bathroom was almost luxurious. Air-conditioning was installed recently, but we didn't need to use it in October. The double-glazed windows kept out most street noise, but we kept it open until we were ready to go to sleep.

The steps up and down to the elevator are not uncommon for old buildings. My wife has a minor disability, but it was not a problem for her.

When we arrived at noon, the room was not ready (we expected that), so we left the luggage
and went our separate ways. When I came back a few hours later, the desk clerk told me that
my wife and our luggage were in the room. The clerk had called the handyman to take the luggage up. That was well done.

Regarding the location, it is not within easy walking distance from, let's say, the Louvre. But it's easy to learn the public transport routes, if you take the time before traveling. The hotel staff will be glad to assist you about that.

-- Steve

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YakkinYeti
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Two friends and I booked a triple room in this Hotel as our base for visiting the Prix d'arc de triomphe race at Longchamp.

The location of the hotel is great, Rue Daguerre is France in miniture with market stalls on Sunday, lots of bars. lots of restaurants, and lots of local shops. An ideal place to decamp after trudging through the streets of Paris ticking off the sites.

The hotel itself is clean and well maintained, the rooms as in all big cities not massive but adequate. We had a triple room 603 on the top floor. Not the best room for those of you that are not climbers. They do have a small lift that goes from the first floor to the 5th.

We did not have breakfast, asd we believed there was lots of choice on the street, the staff where helpfull and spoke good English.

My friend said his bed was hard and affected his sleep, our twins in the other room were ok.

The price was ok, we got the triple room for £120 per night. Which was ok to say it was Paris.

I would probably go again, because except for my mates hard bed I had no complaints,

Room Tip: Ask for one on the lower floors,if you do not like the climb
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BillCRochdale
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights and the first night we slept for almost 12 hours ... that is, the bed was just that comfortable that my husband and I slept right through not waking up. The rooms were a little small but I wouldn't say it put a damper on our trip at all. The hotel staff were helpful with what we needed. Be prepared to carry your luggage up half a flight of stairs to get to the lift and then another half a flight to get from the lift to the floor your room is on.

The hotel is a close walking distance to the Metro lines and you can we anywhere in Paris in 15-20 minutes, but we still found the 40 or so minute walk to the eiffel tower nice because you can see everything on the way. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Filotemo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staed here while on business for 3 nights. The room was small, but clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Having a fridge was very useful. Breakfast was ok, at 10 euros.
Reception staff were helpful and speak English. The lift is a bit eccentric; very small, and all the stops (including the lowest) are on the landing between floors. The stair carpet can be a little treacherous. So upstairs is generally unsuitable if you are unsteady on your feet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 22Cosmo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week, the location is very good and the staff was very helpful. We arrived at 8 and had been traveling for four hours all night. We got our room little earlier than 2 o'clock. The walk to the Metro station was easy, nearly 1 km.
The staff was always good and helped us as much as they could. The room was small but that's just like all other hotels that does not cost so much.
After long walk over the day we didn't have to walk a long way to find a good restaurant. If you want to go to Japanese restaurant (not sushi) you should walk up to Montparnasse road and walk to the left, DeliBay!

If (when) we will visit Paris again, we would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple