“Birthday Sightseeing trip”

Ranked #478 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday Sightseeing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was my partners birthday so we decided to come to Paris. We stayed for two nights, we found that the customer service was excellent, the Hotel atmosphere was very pleasant, it was also very clean. The bed was comfortable, in our room their was also a TV with English language channels, the breakfast was also excellent with a wide variety of choices. We found the Hotel to be excellent value for the money and we would recommend and come again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Postman147
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed her for two nights last week as part of a business trip to Paris. Hotel is very conveniently located, near the Peripherique and a quick run in from Orly airport - close to the Issy les Molineaux business area.

Hotel is clean and tidy - room was modern and tidy with a good wet room style bathroom, a desk and a comfortable bed. Wifi was included in my rate, and was reliable and quick throughout my stay. TV in room only had French channels - no English language news which is a personal annoyance, but not a show stopper.

Service was good, with quick efficient help to order taxi's and answer queries - and the breakfast was excellent. I didn't try any room service or evening meals.

Definitely a hotel I would consider using again in the future.

Room Tip: Mine was overlooking a courtyard, which meant no traffic noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Mister, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give your opinion about your stay.

I'm happy that you appreciate our hotel and I will share your comments with all teams.

Best regards
Stratford Upon Avon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel for business. Very convenient to the Metro. Clean, comfortable (Great Beds) with good sound insulation. In addition you have a good bar and pool facility. Efficient check out as well.

Stayed April 2013
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Paris for the Easter weekend and stayed at the Oceania Port de Versailles. We were booked in the superior double, the room had a modern décor, spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside we had about the room was the shower, for the shower to be used as a proper power shower the water had be turned to very hot, which was impossible to shower in. Also it seemed like the room that we were given was suitable for disabled persons, which meant we had a wet room like bathroom with a shower curtain resulting in the floor getting very wet when you were done in there. Also the temperature control panel in the room, didn’t seem to be working as the room was constantly warm regardless of you changing the settings, this was good when we go back in from visiting the cold city but during the nights it got very warm. The hotel is based in a convenient location close to one of the metro stations, approx 2 min walk from the hotel, so getting around to see the main attractions was very easy, most journeys were about 15-20 mins, travelling by metro is recommended as is easy and cheaper than taxis. There are plenty of eateries in the area too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rani_19
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Yours sincerely,
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is my 4th time staying at the Oceania. After a couple times at the Pullman Rive Gauche up the street (has since closed), I returned to Oceania. It makes getting to and from conventions at Porte de Versailles free and easy - you walk across the street and scoot in the back doors with your exhibitor badge! This makes the hotel overpriced (about 295/night!).

You can also very quickly walk to the #12 Metro line and be anywhere you want in 10-25 minutes. For us, this reduces the cost of traveling by taxi to get everywhere, and you feel like you are really part of the city traveling by metro. We only switched hotels for 2 years because Oceania was sold out and then we really liked that there was a Club Med fitness center at the other hotel.

Oceania is super clean, modern and quiet for sleeping. The beds are really comfortable. The bathroom is split between a 2-piece sink/toilet in one room and shower/sink in another. There is even a towel warmer rack. Towels were all quite new the entire week (as in quality new, not old and scratchy). Definitely one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've had.

I did not have breakfast this year but I have in other years - it is pretty amazing, but expensive if you don't care to really load up on a full day's meal. We normally go across the street to a cafe for coffee and a croissant in the morning that costs <10 euros.

Sometimes the staff seems to lack experience, like they are all training (this has happened on every visit I've had to Oceania). The first guy couldn't find me in the system, another thought my flash drive was going to break the usb port in the business center computer (he came rushing at me like I didn't know how to put it into the computer); and a third insisted that I owed money at check-out, but my room had been paid in full in advance! Either way, the hotel outweighs the somewhat clueless staff.

We have pre-booked for the same time next year and look forward to staying at Oceania again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 30, 2013

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've visited 6 countries over the last 3 years and stayed here during July 2012. This was definitely the best experience we had. We really felt pampered and especially enjoyed the pool and bar/lounge overlooking the pool. The staff in the bar made us feel special by mixing exotic cocktails (not on the menu) for us and serving us a sumptuous late supper one evening, immediately after a relaxing time in the jacuzzi and pool. Breakfast was a delight and I especially enjoyed the pastries served with breakfast!

The hotel is situated in a semi-residential/businessl area and within walking distance of some lovely restaurants, bistros's, a shoe store where we picked up some lovely leather foot wear, an open square and pharmacy to name but a few of the businesses surrounded it.
Travelling to and from the hotel to the city centre and other shopping malls was easy with the tube only 5minutes walk away. Being 4 girls in a family of 5 means that shopping is a very important part of any holiday, and being able to get to the shops easily is paramount to the enjoyment of our holiday!
I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Paris.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms on both sides and they were all fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Innsbruck, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in February at around Euro 100 per night per room with breakfast. The Hotel is excellent value for money for Paris. We even went for a swim before breakfast which is in a city hotel. Breakfast is very good. The staff were friendly and efficient, it was always busy in the morning. The rooms were very much adequate and pretty spacious again for a city hotel at Euro 100 a night. I thought it was a perfect choice, we were in Place de la Concord in 15 minutes with the Metro which about 300 metres walk from the hotel!!! The Oceania provided an excellent base for our memorable trip to Paris

Room Tip: Try to stay in a garden room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment.