“Clean, and super convenient to Expo”

Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles
Ranked #480 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Buffalo, New York
“Clean, and super convenient to Expo”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is my 4th time staying at the Oceania. After a couple times at the Pullman Rive Gauche up the street (has since closed), I returned to Oceania. It makes getting to and from conventions at Porte de Versailles free and easy - you walk across the street and scoot in the back doors with your exhibitor badge! This makes the hotel overpriced (about 295/night!).

You can also very quickly walk to the #12 Metro line and be anywhere you want in 10-25 minutes. For us, this reduces the cost of traveling by taxi to get everywhere, and you feel like you are really part of the city traveling by metro. We only switched hotels for 2 years because Oceania was sold out and then we really liked that there was a Club Med fitness center at the other hotel.

Oceania is super clean, modern and quiet for sleeping. The beds are really comfortable. The bathroom is split between a 2-piece sink/toilet in one room and shower/sink in another. There is even a towel warmer rack. Towels were all quite new the entire week (as in quality new, not old and scratchy). Definitely one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've had.

I did not have breakfast this year but I have in other years - it is pretty amazing, but expensive if you don't care to really load up on a full day's meal. We normally go across the street to a cafe for coffee and a croissant in the morning that costs <10 euros.

Sometimes the staff seems to lack experience, like they are all training (this has happened on every visit I've had to Oceania). The first guy couldn't find me in the system, another thought my flash drive was going to break the usb port in the business center computer (he came rushing at me like I didn't know how to put it into the computer); and a third insisted that I owed money at check-out, but my room had been paid in full in advance! Either way, the hotel outweighs the somewhat clueless staff.

We have pre-booked for the same time next year and look forward to staying at Oceania again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 30, 2013

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've visited 6 countries over the last 3 years and stayed here during July 2012. This was definitely the best experience we had. We really felt pampered and especially enjoyed the pool and bar/lounge overlooking the pool. The staff in the bar made us feel special by mixing exotic cocktails (not on the menu) for us and serving us a sumptuous late supper one evening, immediately after a relaxing time in the jacuzzi and pool. Breakfast was a delight and I especially enjoyed the pastries served with breakfast!

The hotel is situated in a semi-residential/businessl area and within walking distance of some lovely restaurants, bistros's, a shoe store where we picked up some lovely leather foot wear, an open square and pharmacy to name but a few of the businesses surrounded it.
Travelling to and from the hotel to the city centre and other shopping malls was easy with the tube only 5minutes walk away. Being 4 girls in a family of 5 means that shopping is a very important part of any holiday, and being able to get to the shops easily is paramount to the enjoyment of our holiday!
I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Paris.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms on both sides and they were all fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in February at around Euro 100 per night per room with breakfast. The Hotel is excellent value for money for Paris. We even went for a swim before breakfast which is in a city hotel. Breakfast is very good. The staff were friendly and efficient, it was always busy in the morning. The rooms were very much adequate and pretty spacious again for a city hotel at Euro 100 a night. I thought it was a perfect choice, we were in Place de la Concord in 15 minutes with the Metro which about 300 metres walk from the hotel!!! The Oceania provided an excellent base for our memorable trip to Paris

Room Tip: Try to stay in a garden room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel, and if I visit paris again, I will definitely come here. Even though it was 4* is felt like 5*, I have stayed in many 5* and some of them were worse then this...
The staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful, they helped us plan our day, giving us the rest routes and tips. Although the exterior was slightly poor looking, the inside in gorgeous very minimalist and chic, the rooms are beautiful and the space is managed very well. One of my favourite things was the breakfast which our family probably spend two hours eating at, many authentic french pastries, deluxe tea and coffee machines, tiny dinky pots of jam and arrays of savouries. Beautiful swimming pool and gym, free wifi and english TV. I adore this hotel, thank you so much for the brilliant stay.

Room Tip: definitely get the suite, it was bliss.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I can't thank you enough for being so kind ,willing and
able to help us out with all our needs being in a foreign country is scary enough .
But all the employees of Oceania made us feel @home.To name a few Nassim ,Osmane
Made our departure as smooth as possible .This is the hotel I will recommend my family
friends to go to and have a memorable ,pleasant ,exciting vacation.I will never forget the
smiling,faces that greet us in kitchen every morning.Thanks to our cleaning lady for a clean
Spotless room every day

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, February 19, 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a few days and this is an hotel that is geared to meet the business travellers requirements, while not busting the bank.
Rooms are fair size and have a small sitting area and work area, with free WiFi.
Separate toilet is a nice bonus if there are two people sharing a room.
Breakfast in the hotel is included in the room rate and is a buffet type of offering. The cold meats etc were excellent.
All the staff speak good English and are helpful.
Good restaurants within 300 metre and tram and train station within 500 metre.
I would stay here again, when on business and is often fully booked out, even though it is a large hotel, showing many others feel the same.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed January 27, 2013

we (girlfriend and me) stayed there for a weekend. room was awesome, staff as well and good wlan connection. the pool could be a vit warmer but i think everyone has a different taste.

all in all, a great hotel !! my girlfriend loves it too

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you for taking time to give your opinion about your stay in our establishment.
We hope to see you again for your next stay in Paris.