“Convenient location”

Ranked #1,233 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Winnipeg, Canada
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

I don't really know how to rate this hotel. The rooms are tiny (as are most hotel rooms throughout Europe), but the rooms are surprisingly quiet (compared to the chaos outside in the Latin Quarter) and the bed was comfortable. The shower in our third floor room is the smallest I have ever seen, and if we had stayed here longer I think it would have driven me crazy. The door kept bouncing open, I couldn't bend over to retrieve the shampoo from the floor etc!! Our companions had a room on the fifth floor facing the courtyard and it had a tub with shower, so didn't have the same bathroom problem. On the other hand, there was wifi which is helpful for researching opening times and planning the day, and the front desk staff were, if not overly friendly, very courteous and helpful. You can't beat the location. It's right around the corner from Notre Dame Cathedral, a short walk to the Louvre and close to lots of shopping. If all you really use a hotel room for is to sleep, then this reasonable priced place fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver,BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were quoted 100 euro per night for a street facing room. We wanted a courtside room because the noise issues that other reviewers posted. we were quoted 120 euro for a courtside room. Upon arrival they were going to put us in a street side room when I showed the e-mail stating a courtside room they put in a room on the first floor facing a genorator (absolutely a gross room) they then put back in a street side room but would not refund the 20 euro difference. They also take your key from everytime you leave the hotel. It is a creepy place and not very clean. Location is GREAT

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barb-in-vancouver

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Aspen, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

I would rather stay with the bums in the Metro than stay here again. My back is still in pain from the cardboard boxes they call beds.The staff was rude even for french people. They gave us horrible directions twice. But the icing on the cake is when I brought some friends over who were not staying at the hotel the front desk told me that this was not aloud! Excuse me! I am paying way too much for this crappy hotel and who the hell are you telling me that I cannot have people in my room! This absurd argument ended with the hotel manger punching me in the face!
I would NOT recomend this hotel to anyone. EVER!
A nice hotel in the latin quarter is the hotel st. severin which is two blocks away. You will be alot happier there or with the bums in the nearist metro station.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank jh7590
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

I think the earlier reviewers have said the most about the Mont Blanc. The location is perfect both for arriving/leaving by train or plane, and the best for getting around in Paris by metro or by foot. The rooms are tiny, but clean, and have aircondition, which is more than we expected at this rate. Staff were polite and friendly. The breakfast was rather scarce, but. for those who want something else, there is plenty to find nearby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank akla
Linkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

The hotel is located on the busiest street in the latin quarter, as central as you can get in Paris. Our room nr 43 (superior, 120 euro a night) was on the 4th floor with a large window facing the street. We had no problem sleeping despite the sound all night from the street: with the windows closed its was just a murmur.

The room was nice, no lyxury at all but everything you need. Some things were a bit worn but everything was clean at all times. The shower/wc had a higer standard than the room itself: must have been renovated recently.

The brekfast was served in the restaurant nextdoor: coffe, milk, juice, yogurt, really nice bread (as always in Paris), croissants, cheese, ham, jam. Nice and helpful staff, apart from the young man who worked the nightshift wouldn't communicate much.

I really recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a central, cheap hotel in Paris. Everything you need is right outside the door.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjips
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

Having lived and worked in Paris in the past - I love this area. The hotel is right in the heart of it which is what I like, there are better hotels nearby but in terms of cost, this one is one of the cheapest and unless you are prepared to make the leap into the more expensive hotels in the area, this should do you. It would have been nice if the rooms had tea and coffee facilities (in my opinion) but having been going to Paris for 20 years have had my expectations well adjusted in that time (room size always makes me chuckle). All in all you get what you pay for and in Paris and 100 euros per night wont get you much in the heart of the latin quarter. I tend to want a clean, safe place purely to sleep on a city break of this kind which is what this hotel is. I wouldn't recommend it to people who are light sleepers and who really dont like a little street noise from dustbin men and delivery vans around 5-6 o'clock in the morning (the first night it didn't wake me as I slept soundly after a couple of bottles of wine that evening) but if you want a budget place to stay amongst the real action and vibrance of this unique and wonderfull city then the hotel mont blanc is worth putting on the list for a punt. The staff weren't rude or welcoming either (I suppose they and the hotel lacked a little soul if anything) but sometimes the cultural and language differences can make Parisians and the French in general come across as direct and this can be misunderstood, again you get used to that having spent time there. I speak french which helps a great deal (and have worked with french people for many years) but many hotels say English spoken but until somebody understands the little nuances of a foreign language, I always think it should come with a 'caution' :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ViolinDingue
prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Just returned from Paris where I stayed for 4 nights at Hotel du Mont Blanc with a friend. Our originally reserved hotel was full on our arrival, although they tried to call other hotels in the same price range in the neighbourhood due to some fair held in Paris this weekend the hotels we fully booked and so we tried a blind search for a hotel accommodation. We remembered Hotel du Mont Blanc from the reviews on tripadvisor and tried this hotel as our first attempt. They were able to put us up for all four nights but only two nights at the twin room (EUR 85) and we were offered a more expensive triple room (EUR 130) for the other two nights. We were happy to have a room - any room - especially because it was raining heavily outside - and we were resigned to the higher price just glad we found a room over such a busy weekend. Thanks to the sweetest receptionist we were in the end able to stay in our (cheaper) twin room during our entire stay there as she moved the arriving guests to other rooms. My friend and I were on a fairly tight budget so we were extremely relieved.

The hotel is located just a few steps from the Saint Michel fountain - incredible location as you can walk to almost all the main Parisian sights. We landed at the Beauvois airport and we appreciated the location right on the RER C line which took us directly to Porte Maillot - the departure point for buses to the Beauvois airport - not having to transfer while carrying heavy suitcases (January sales in Paris!) was a blessing as the Parisian metro (although user friendly, running often, reliable, a stop can be found on just about any corner....) can be a bit of a pain thanks to its lack of escalators and abundance of stairs and endless tunnels when you are obliged to transfer.

There are numerous options for food in the hotel area - after we saw all the (lovely but somewhat greasy) gyros places in the neighbourhood we had to agree with the signs posted around the hotel banning food in the rooms. Of course it's not just gyroses you can find Japanese, Chinese, French, Middle Eastern cosine - the area is packed with lovely looking restaurants.

Our room faced the street and the crowds at night were streaming in and out of rue la Huchette all the time - we could not even imagine the street in high season - the noise was not insignificant but with the windows shut turned into a completely bearable humming noise and the bar visitors were not a problem to us at night. The only thing which disturbed our sleep were the garbage trucks around 6am in the morning - horrid noise and it took them forever to collect all the trash (from the numerous cafes/restaurants) and leave our part of the street.

With so many people in the area until late hours we felt very safe even though we tended to return to the hotel fairly late in the evening.

Beds and bathroom nice and clean. In this cold weather we appreciated the hot shower (water always hot) and when we returned from the cold day outside and switched the heating on the room was nice and warm in 10-15 minutes.

Overall the hotel staff saved our brief holiday break from turning into a complete disaster, we found the hotel very comfortable and clean and the location simply unbeatable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends