We spent ages trying to find a hotel we could both agree on for our 3 night trip to Paris, and this was the best value at the time, and it seemed modern and comfortable! It also had good reviews so we were excited to book and get there. We weren't disappointed when we arrived!
We arrived at CDG at Terminal 3 and walked to a free shuttle train which took us to Terminal 1 where we got on the Air France Bus which took us outside Gare Montparnasse. I think we got a discount on the ticket price for being from the EU and under the age of 24, or something similar so show the driver your passport! They also stow away your luggage too. The drive did take a little while but we were so sleepy that we just napped most of the way!
The hotel was a short walk away from where the coach dropped us off and was relatively easy to find with the help of Google Maps, if you don't have a smartphone print out a map and make sure you pinpoint where the hotel is beforehand. When we arrived at the hotel the lobby was very smart and had people relaxing in it, there was a bar, some computers and even an x-box. Check In was really quick and in no time we were at our room getting unpacked.
The rooms are quite small but this was no problem for us - we were hardly there! The bed and the duvet were so comfortable that getting out of bed in the morning was a struggle. There was a fridge that had two free bottles of water in, a wardrobe with hangers, tea and coffee making facilities and a TV. The bathroom was lovely, the bath was deep and comfortable and the shower was powerful. The reception staff were really helpful aswell. We had no problems at all and would definitely go back!
Montparnasse is a little out of the city but there is a Metro stop so close by and it takes literally minutes to get to Trocadero or the Champs-Elysees. We were surprised at how easy it was to get around! We even walked all the way home from Notre Dame but I wouldn't recommend that. There's a nice shopping centre and department store nearby and if you love great views a trip to Tour Montparnasse is essential!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the heart of Paris, the Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse is situated next to the Montparnasse railway station and close to the Paris Exibition Center Porte de Versailles. You will easily access to the most famous tourism points of Paris : Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, Saint-Germain-des-Pres, Montmartre... The 199 rooms are spacious, modern and air-conditioned. We will also find a restaurant within the hotel which provide tasty french cuisine, a bar/lounge and a fitness room. The hotel owns a private car park and the stay for children under 16 is free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Montparnasse
- Novotel Montparnasse
- Paris Novotel
- Novotel Paris Montparnasse