“Asian in Paris”
Review of Koh Samet

Koh Samet
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Koh Samet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,610 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a nice little restaurant inside with a good menu. We took our food out as we were staying in an apartment nearby and it was late evening.The Shrimp Soup was sweet and spicy and the chicken satay delicious. Would like to go back for a sit down dinner next time in Paris.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food and the environment of this restaurant is very amazing!! I would like to go another time with friends.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat in the Marais and found this restaurant. The set lunch was €12.50 for 3 courses and was very good value for money. Ok, so not everyone wants to eat Asian food in Paris but if you want to have a nice meal for a good price, I recommend this restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and pleasant. The food arrived promptly and was delicious. I ordered a prawn hot and sour soup which still makes my mouth water to think about it. For main, I had a Thai red curry which was lovely. Dessert was a plate of nougat rolled in sesame seeds. To follow, himself and I had a pot of jasmine tea. This was lovely but also expensive - €7 for the two of us. However, having just eaten a lovely 3 course lunch for €12.50, it seemed worthwhile.

If you are on a budget in Paris, you can eat out quite nicely on Asian food and I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm Thai and I know how to cook Thai food very well.
The place is ok. Nobody there speak Thai.
The food taste weird and not authentic at all.
I ordered Tom Yum Khoong and It was really sweet. The way they use herbs implied that they really have know idea how to cook thai food.

1  Thank Chaisiri
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had a magnificent supper yesterday at Koh Samet. Having been to Thailand lots of times, all the flavours were coming back. The waiter asked if we wanted the dishes to be spicy and yes they were, but the mixture of flavours was magnificent. The traditional Thai salad with beef and lemon grass was outstanding, as we're as the fried sausages to ta start off. The sauted shrimp with salt and pepper is still in my mouth. And the rice with the pudding and mango just melted in our mouths. I will be back shortly. To summarise..... Just great !!