“A perfect gem and where I will stay next time”

Le Marceau Bastille Hotel
Ranked #370 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed in a rental apt. in the Marais that turned out to be a nightmare. It was Fashion Week in Paris and finding a hotel was not easy. Finally we found a room here and moved. It is a small boutique hotel with every touch simply elegant. If the rooms were larger you would feel you were in a luxury hotel. The staff were lovely and the breakfast in the morning[included] was the best we had in Europe. I loved the location, much quieter than other neighborhoods but close to the river, and I feel that if one is near the river the location feels very central.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2010

We booked the Marceau Bastille very last minute on booking.com and got a great deal, and when we arrived at the hotel it emerged that we had also received a free upgrade. The room (a "privelige" room) was lovely - modern, spotlessly clean and very spacious by Parisian standards, as was the bathroom (with a bathtub!). We slept very well as the room was very quiet. The hotel had free wi-fi and a computer in the basement that was free to use, we also noticed that there was a laptop that you could borrow to use in your room which is nice. There were plenty of nice toiletries in the bathroom and the room had tea/coffee making facilities which isn't always the case in Paris. On top of this the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We would definitely stay here again if we got a similar deal, there are so many hotels in this price bracket in Paris but you really get what you pay for here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Just as good as ever. Very hot weather in Paris for this visit, and the air conditioning in the room was just stonking! What a relief.

The rates are not cheap, but there it is...lovely boutique hotel in central Paris. What can you expect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I have travelled a lot in Europe and have had our fair share of supposed 4 star hotels - this is the exception. Lovely design/gallery hotel with amazingly clean rooms, fantastic service at the front desk and well located to get around Paris. The rooms aren't massive, but that is to be expected in Europe in my opinion - however ours was perfectly comfortable for our purposes. Really comfy beds, and great to note that it had a strong, hot shower which can sometimes be elusive in Europe!! Free wifi is a definitely bonus - am typing this review whilst using it. Hasn't dropped out once with a strong consistent connection. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ED77
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Located a short walk from the Gare de Lyon, and centrally located near the Place des Vosge, the Marais, Faubourg-St. Antoine and the Louvre, this little hotel is a gem. The rooms are spotlessly clean, modern and tastefully decorated. Bath is tiny but very functional. The staff is extremely helpful with cabs and restaurant suggestions. The only drawback is that the hotel is that the nearest metro stop is a little bit of a walk.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCKlyman
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have been staying in this hotel for nearly a year every week from Monday to Thursday. The hotel is always very clean and the staff very friendly it offers an excellent breakfast in the morning but can get pretty busy around 8am.

Generally rooms to the back of the hotel on the higher floors are better in the hotel.

The gym is really small so if you are staying to use this then don't even consider it. There is no air conditioning in the basement where the gym is and after about 10 mins in there you have to get out.

There is free WI-FI in the hotel and available in all room which is nice. Recently the TV system is having issues so there are no english channels but on the whole it is an excellent hotel for it's location / price and would recommend it to people staying for a short time or a longer time like myself.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2010

As single female traveler in my 50s. My first trip to Europe. My only regrets are that I have not given my feedback sooner. The breakfast is divine! Fresh raspberry juice,heavenly sipping coffee in comfy chairs by the most beautiful exhibit of art! It was perfectly located for me. I walked Paris streets for 6 days! but it is so convenient to the rail and one minute to bike rentals. It is blocks from the canal. It was safe and blessedly quiet to sleep. my room was not small at all. I had a balcony and large window to throw open each morning. it is near artists workshops,cafes, many unique antique stores and I walked to The Louvre, the Cathedral. Every street on the wheel like Bastille area is a different adventure. The service was very impressive and I can not thank the staff enough for my memorable time in Paris. thank you Teresa from Minnesota USA

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo