“"single room instead of double room"”
Review of De La Vallee Hotel

De La Vallee Hotel
Ranked #1,680 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Location is great, perfect for sightseeing. Room was basic and it was clean. The bathroom is always clean too.There wasn't an elevator, had a lots of stairs.The staff are friendly and kind and they can speak English. Unfortunately, I reserved a Double room, and i have got a single room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank johnnyrus

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great location is the best aspect of this motel, perfect for sightseeing, eating out etc. in the red light district although we didn't see any of this. Poor service. Had to pay 2.50 for a shower which wasn't in any of our bookings. Bathroom could have been cleaner and toilet was in cupboard on stairs. Room was very basic. No elevator, lots of stairs with heavy bag. But great location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Before staying at Hotel de la Vallee I was staying at a lovely little hotel by the Eiffel Tower that was only 85 euros a night and was fully renovated and so nice. Unfortunately they didn't have availability throughout my entire stay so I booked Vallee for the price. The staff are friendly, but don't expect any kind of luxury here. The stairway is dark, the room I was in had very poor lighting at night, and the area is what I'd call shady. If you are a young woman planning to travel alone I'd definitely not recommend this area. When you walk 2 blocks south towards the river it is better, but this area surrounding the hotel makes me feel uncomfortable. Not like I'd be attacked or anything.... I hope, but that the men are very forward and not respectful. Also to mention the wifi is terrible! Took me 30 min just to get on this page to write this review!

Room Tip: if you stay here get the room with the shower in it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MandyTravel_13
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My boyfriend and mother planned a trip to Paris for my 21st birthday in April 2013. We had a horrendous traveling experience as the lines on the metro weren't working so we were desperate to get to our hotel. Firstly we couldn't find the hotel and when we did it was just a door in between a shop and a kebab type shop. We went through the door up a set of dingy dark stairs which stank of kebabs. We got to the reception and were told we have to give the key back to reception every time we went out which we were a bit wiery about. We got to the room and was truly shocked by what we saw. It was so old and outdated I didn't know what to do. My boyfriend didn't want to take pictures because he didn't want us to remember it. We went out for an hour but were scared someone would go into our room. Our view was the bins of the shop underneath which could easily be accessed through the window/door. The 1 star is for the cleanliness of the bed and the shower was powerful. Plugs are forbidden so don't bother taking electricals. Will not be recommending to anyone anytime soon. On the Sunday morning when we left the street had homeless people on the corners and brutal fights were happening, did not feel safe at all. Luckily Disneyland made up for the weekend.

5  Thank Holly P
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and i booked a room here and ended up forfeiting 2 x nights in fees, rather than using their hotel.

The gentlemen (or in fact the opposite) at reception was so incredibly rude to my wife, he grunted at her a number of times, and teased her when we asked simple questions about our bags, room and so on. When i stood up of my wife - he explained, 'relax you are on holidays'. He then continued teasing us, grown adults. After such a horrible first impression, and arguing about having our deposit refunded due to his poor behaviour, we decided to inspect the room before agreeing to stay. It was small, dirty, stunk and had broken tiles and marks on the sheets.

If you are in paris, this may be a once in a lifetime trip - don't ruin it by staying here. I have stayed at some dumps in my time, none this bad - in fact, there is a brothel next door. There were sex workers in the street. It was not a nice and/or safe neighbourhood at all.

Rethink staying here if you have already booked.

4  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our stay in Paris was really comfortable in this accomodation,
the location is excellent, between Chatelet and Etienne Marcel metro station.
The staff is very nice, the bathroom always clean.
The room was really little but comfortable, I will recommend it!

1  Thank starella
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I spent a good month in Europe with my girlfriend and we stayed in numerous hotels, all lower ratings because we were on a budget. This one we stayed in, in Paris was by far the worst. This hotel is NOT for anyone. I only gave it a excellent for location as it is very close to numerous spots around Paris. However most hotels are close to everything because of the transportation over in Europe is great.

The alley in which this hotel is can be a little shady at night time so best walk together. The sign is hard to see from the outside so definitely keep your eyes peeled when trying to find it.

It is right above a donair shop that plays loud music and we were right above it. If that isn't a deal breaker this next point will be for sure. The rooms have no bathroom or shower. It's a shared bathroom and shower and have to get a key from the front desk. So plan ahead in the morning and get to the shower before the other guests. This proved to be a huge inconvenience especially waking in the middle of the night to go to the washroom.

We found our room to be a hit and miss when it was cleaned. And our door was stapled on with nails and made me want to take all my valuables with me on our journeys to avoid getting them stolen as there is no safe in the room.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

If you are going to visit Paris spend the extra money on another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012