We were a family of nine including four children ages 8, 8, 10, and 13. This is the surprise hotel we ended up with after booking a deal online. After reading the TripAdvisor reviews, we were all a bit worried. We contacted the hotel immediately to request non-smoking and renovated rooms. Because of the number of travelers, they accommodated us with three rooms (each room containing a double bed and a rollaway cot). They could guarantee non-smoking but said the renovated rooms would not fit a cot.
If driving, we found a great garage within walking distance from the hotel. This garage was half the price we would of paid had we parked at the hotel garage (we also had two cars). It was a bit nerve racking driving into Paris and navigating the "free-for-all" roundabouts, but we had peace of mind once we were parked safely in the garage. The garage is called Parking Maillot Gouvion booked through Neoparking.
The location of this hotel is VERY convenient. Attached to a nice mall, you can walk straight from the bottom floor of the hotel into the mall and head downstairs to the M1. If you want to catch a quick bite to eat and coffee in the morning, check out Paul's Bakery (located in the mall). We did this each morning with the exception of our last. We decided to enjoy the sit down buffet breakfast at the hotel - offered at half-price before 7:30 (plus, kids eat free). It was huge, had nice seating, the selection great, the service friendly, and a great deal at half-price. We paid outside the breakfast room the morning of and did not have reservations.
Check-in went well (have ALL passports ready to present). The lobby is lovely. They accommodated us with three rooms next to each other (12th floor), each with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The cots were brought up that evening while we were at dinner.
The rooms were fine. Yes, it's outdated (kind of retro though). As expected, and seen in other posts, there were a few bleach spots on the floor and a few scratches on the headboard. However, it wasn't THAT bad. It was clean, we felt comfortable, the bedding was nice (Hyatt standards), and the bathroom nice. We really couldn't complain given the location, price we paid for this location in Paris, and view. Our mornings were early, our evenings late and for the three nights we needed a place to sleep, this was perfect!! Again, it's not that bad.
We did not check out the bar and we did not use the fitness center. Free Wi-fi worked great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel