“one of the best hotel to view Paris”

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Ranked #1,246 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Hangzhou, China
“one of the best hotel to view Paris”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is the old Condord hotel, renovated and name changed to Hyatt regency. The hotel situates at a strategic location in Paris, and with its (unusual) high floor, one has a chance to view Paris in its full glory. That's the part I like best about this hotel. If you're lucky you may get a room that can view both the Eiffel tower and the "Arc de Triomphe". My room looked at the Eiffel tower and "Le Defense", it was beautiful sight in either way.

The hotel itself is however average, small room, decent services. They forgot to put stuffs like laundry bags and slipper, available only when you asked. The breakfast is terrible and way below expectation. We ended up sneaked out of the hotel early and enjoy the excellent, fresh, and reasonable breakfast at one of the many road side coffee, restaurant. Forget the buffet dinner, at 45 euro it's not worth it. Traveler with family and children may have problem as the room is rather small for family (there could be bigger room, I don't know).

The Airfrance bus (Les Cars Air France) line 2 goes directly from Charles De Gaulle airport to Porte Maillot, where it's literately right next to the hotel. Don't bother buying the ticket for the bus at the airport, just wait at the station (line 2) then board and pay on the bus (17 euro/1 way). You can do the same to go back to the airport from the hotel.
Porte Maillot is also a station for the subway, where you can take the subway, few stops, to get the Lurve museum, or La Defense, and so on.

The bar at the top floor provides a spectacular view of Paris at night, with the Eiffel tower blinks for 10 mins each at 10pm, 11 pm and midnight. Drink is expensive here though, but where else can you find a place to sip your cocktail while watching the Eiffel tower in full view at night?

In all, a very good hotel to stay for the view of Paris, as well as the convenience of transport to and from airport, or any other location in Paris, with the subway.

Room Tip: Ask for the room to view both Eiffel tower and "Arc the triumph", also ask for higher floo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KHANHAHO
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your very kind comment.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are also very pleased to read that you consider the bar to be a unique spot from which to admire the Eiffel Tower.

I will share your very nice comments with our entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Michel Morauw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I got this hotel selected by my company or else I would not have chosen this. Firstly I got checked in to a room where already a guest was sleeping. Whats going on? We opened the room and heard a lady screaming from inside. It was 1 midnight. I came down to tell the reception about this and for them it was less of a surprise. May be they were used to this issue- terrible experience in a 5 star reception check in. Then got a room - horrible, very dirty, even the carpets in the metro trains were more cleaner, wash sink malfunctioning. Got a 3rd room after that night thankfully. Small but clean cute room. I appreciate the design plus the Eifel tower view. Everything went perfect except I got charged for an extra night for a seperate booking despite I personally cancelled it standing directly in front of the receptionist. I really dont know what is wrong with their computers. Seems its taking at least 3 days to accept any new change in data like my initial check in experience n now the cancellation. Luckily I discussed this with the manager while I was there and they refunded the amount. Again not acceptable from a 5 star rating. Lastly the breakfast choice is poor. Would be disappointed to see every morning myself having to have that Boring menu. Hope it helps someone and also the Hotel will read and try to improve a bit.
I appreciate the check out experience, conceirge facilities including the tickets provided for attractions, the baggagerie people and the location.
The gym needs more treadmills and few dumb bells please.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank drppsabir
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.

We wanted to apologise for the disagreement that you had during your stay.

We will take the necessary measures to ensure that this situation does not happen again.

For your information, the hotel will be renovated next year.

The renovation work will include the guestrooms and the hotel’s public areas.

Our goal is to curate a unique experience, and provide our guests with a truly memorable stay.
I’m certain you will be delighted with the guest experience of our new and improved hotel.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

To be honest breakfast room was dire . I can honestly say you would b better at Macdonalds. I have never seen scrambled eggs like this, just awful. coffee in paper cups in A four star hotel???!£24.00 for a breakfast that was not only poor but the fittings were cracked.... Seriously dire . I wld b ashamed if I was the manager for 200 euro per night stick with the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank suzmannikki
Thank you for your comment.

We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your breakfast.

Comments like yours allow us to improve the quality of the services that we offer.

It would be a true pleasure to welcome you back again, so that we may regain your confidence.

Michel Morauw

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 31, 2014

So i took a chance to stay here due to receive my hyatt nights. First of all the checkin is not professional they didnt even know that when you are a platinum guest you are allowed an early checkin upon availabilty. The staff told me that my room was not ready until 15.00, then i told him to check again and there suddenly the room was ready. The line to the Diamond/Platinum checkin was just a mess. When i onced recieved my room it was tiny and not that kind of standard you excepect from a hyatt. Problem is that this hotel is not renovated since it was some other brand before(le meridien?) They told me they were going to renovate this hotel next year. There was no pool or sauna here, still being the biggest hotel in the city. When i went in the elevator an employe stared at me from my feet and up witout saying hi(nice way, welcoming guests?)The only good thing with this hotel is the manager Guy. He changed our room to a suite but still i have a hard time to understand someone paying 4000 euro for that suite, it was old, and had a bad design. My next time i will only have the option to stay at the Madeliene or Vendome.

Room Tip: Do not book this hyatt if you excepect good standards.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M

We want to apologise for the disagreement you mentioned.

Thank you for your kind message concerning Guy Naillon; it is our priority to offer a unique experience to all of our guests, and (of course) to our regular guests such as yourself.

As you mentioned, the hotel will be renovated next year, and we will be more than happy to welcome you back again to regain your trust.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

A huge hotel and tower. I spent 5 nights in a business trip. The reception was dim with no enough lights or suitable place to sit for a relaxing rest. The front desk service was not warm or friendly. The elevators to my 19 floor was not fast enough. The room itself is very small and the floor was covered with extremely dirty and stained mokett.
No free wifi and no coffee or tea. The
Only pleasant thing is the view facing tour Eiffel. The breakfast in a garage like salle with below average items. The service is almost not there.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank samehshaheen
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.

For your information, the hotel will be renovated soon; the project will include a renovation of the hotel’s guestrooms and refurbishment of its public areas.

Our goal is to curate a unique experience and provide our guests with a memorable stay.

I am sure you will be delighted with the guest experience of our new and improved hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Going to Paris,
Think no further than the Paris Hyatt Regency Etoile.

The Hotel is under updating by the Hyatt, which recently purchased the hotel. The Rooms are gorgeous and the view of the Eiffel at night is spectacular, a memory awaits you!

Situated a block from the Metro and only a 10 minute walk to the Arch De Triumpfe it is well situated for ease of travel! Romance!!!

Room Tip: Opt for the higher floors facing the Eiffel Tower!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg L
What a nice review about your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, thank you very much!

I am very happy to read that you spent a pleasant stay with us and I would like to thank you for mentioning it in your review.

I will share your very nice comment with all our team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is located not faraway from city center. The infrastructure is nice looking from outside and the hotel offers a nice bar on the top floor. Despite that the rooms are updated and need renovations. The breakfast offers good quality meals but nothing more. Despite the well known brand, hotel is classified as 4 stars and has nothing in common with classical 5 stats hotel from Hyatt chain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed the location and the Bar La Vue.

For your information, the hotel is begin a renovation programme later this year, in order to offer a unique experience to our guests.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to Paris.

Best Regard