This is the old Condord hotel, renovated and name changed to Hyatt regency. The hotel situates at a strategic location in Paris, and with its (unusual) high floor, one has a chance to view Paris in its full glory. That's the part I like best about this hotel. If you're lucky you may get a room that can view both the Eiffel tower and the "Arc de Triomphe". My room looked at the Eiffel tower and "Le Defense", it was beautiful sight in either way.
The hotel itself is however average, small room, decent services. They forgot to put stuffs like laundry bags and slipper, available only when you asked. The breakfast is terrible and way below expectation. We ended up sneaked out of the hotel early and enjoy the excellent, fresh, and reasonable breakfast at one of the many road side coffee, restaurant. Forget the buffet dinner, at 45 euro it's not worth it. Traveler with family and children may have problem as the room is rather small for family (there could be bigger room, I don't know).
The Airfrance bus (Les Cars Air France) line 2 goes directly from Charles De Gaulle airport to Porte Maillot, where it's literately right next to the hotel. Don't bother buying the ticket for the bus at the airport, just wait at the station (line 2) then board and pay on the bus (17 euro/1 way). You can do the same to go back to the airport from the hotel.
Porte Maillot is also a station for the subway, where you can take the subway, few stops, to get the Lurve museum, or La Defense, and so on.
The bar at the top floor provides a spectacular view of Paris at night, with the Eiffel tower blinks for 10 mins each at 10pm, 11 pm and midnight. Drink is expensive here though, but where else can you find a place to sip your cocktail while watching the Eiffel tower in full view at night?
In all, a very good hotel to stay for the view of Paris, as well as the convenience of transport to and from airport, or any other location in Paris, with the subway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel