My score reflects the 250 Euro a night price (excluding breakfast) and the fact this is billed as a four star hotel.
I had a room on the 28th floor, over looking the Eiffel Tower. The view out of the window was spectacular, especially at night.
Unfortunately the room wasn't. It was spotlessly clean but it was tired and in need of renovation. A couple of the cupboard doors didn't shut properly. The bedside lamp flicked on and off when I moved it (loose wire). The paint and woodwork was chipped. The end of the bath panel looked like it was rotting. It didn't seem to have been updated for several years.
Oddly, there was no kettle/coffee or tea making facilities in the room. I cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel where you couldn't get coffee without either having to go to the bar/restaurant or order room service.
I also found it odd that while I had a double bed, the duvet wasn't a double. Instead I had two single duvets laid next to each other to cover the whole bed.
If you like very warm hotels, this is for you. I don't and the air conditioning didn't work well. It took ages - even with the AC on full cold - to cool the room down.
Money has obviously been spent on the public areas of the hotel so perhaps the rooms are also being renovated but they'd not got to the one I was in...
Service at reception was friendly and generally efficient. Saying that, when I arrived, about 9.45pm in the evening, there was a queue of about six people waiting to check-in and I had to wait about 10 minutes before reaching the front of the queue. There seemed to be problems checking in a couple of the people in front of me, so both check-in staff were serving one person at one point. I was surprised that the hotel didn't spot the length of the queue and draft in some additional people to help speed up check-in.
So, overall, a disappointing experience given the price paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel