“Pick another hotel”

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Ranked #1,247 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am surprised, badly, this Hotel is far below standards, I've been at Hyatts before and this one is about the worst I have seen, not worth 4 stars. Service is premeditately slow and with mistakes, don't expect a bellman to bring your suitcases on time, less to pock them up, at least half the phone calls you make will not be answered by staff. Every so often you will find a member of the staff amiable and helpful. During my stay the day that I had to checkout at early morning hours, they had scheduled electrical repairs or maintenance. The electricity and water was turned off in all the hotel, no seemed to be able to give a straight answer on what was going to be implemented. Had I known this the day I checked in I would have changed hotels. Bad planning? Or something else. Next time choose a Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank gomisbcn
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear gomisbcn,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay.
The electricity cut is very exceptional and it’s happen once in order to verify all the functionalities

Next year we will begin the renovation of the hotel, and it will include a renovation of the hotel’s guestrooms and refurbishment of its public areas.
I’m sure you will be delighted with the guest experience of our new and improved hotel.

We hope to see you soon

Best Regard,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The good:
Easy access near peripherique
Great views over Paris
Convenient bar

The bad

Away from city center
Noisy
Big hotel so many groups
Really expensive for what you get

Honestly you pay for Hyatt but you don't get Hyatt quality.
Will not return and wouldn't recommend

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear The_thiel,

Thank you very much for posting your appreciation further to your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.

I wish to sincerely apologize for the noise during your stay.

The metro station is just near at the corner (direct access): Line 1, and join every famous place of Paris. The champs Elysées is just near Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile by walk. The best place for all the shopping.

You are right, the view of Paris is just magic, and from the Bar La Vue we can see all the monuments of Paris.

In 2014, we will begin renovating the Hotel. The project will include a renovation of the hotel’s guestrooms and refurbishment of its public areas. Our goal is to curate a unique experience.

We hope to see you soon at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile

Sincerely

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What an experience.
really a great hotel with marvelous location in the middle of everywhere in Paris.
Metro station is at the corner, Shopping mall is connected to it.
Nice staff , Good breakfast.
I was astonished that there was no iron at the room, Even when I asked the room service to get me an iron , they told me there are no irons and there is a room at the first floor to iron your clothes by yourself!! So, I took my clothes everyday to that room to iron them. By the way only 2 irons are available in that room !!
the overall experience was good and i do recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Choose the room which have a view at arc De triumph and Eiffel Tower . choose rooms from 25 floor a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Rami,

We would like to thank you for your very nice review on your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location been so close to the major tourist attraction, shopping and restaurants and we are happy to hear that you found our breakfast "good".
We hope that you tasted the traditional pastries of the chief Laurent Vigouroux: “pains au chocolat” and “croissants” are the best in town.

For security reason we are not allowed to provide it in the room.

Be assured that we will share your comments with all our colleagues and we will be more than happy to welcome you back very soon for your next Parisian holidays!

Best Regard

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I would 100 per cent agree with the previous posting except to say the Regency Club Room is on the 30th floor, If management is reading this you have a star employee whose name is Phillipe who helped us at the check in desk, a credit to your company please thank him from us for his professional manner in dealing with my requests. Would I stay here again next time I am in Paris Yes I would, we tried the restaurant on the ground floor and were very happy with all, so thank you to everyone that we met at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay in a club room then do
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Willitsgoodtotalk,

What a nice and kind review on your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, thank you! It is a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the Recency Club. We will share your comment with Philippe who will be very happy to hear such a compliment.

The restaurant is indeed very nice, and we have the best brunch of Paris on Saturday and Sunday.

We would like to thank you for your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regard,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A little about me first so you understand what I’m looking for when traveling…I’m 59, retired seven years ago from being a NJ State prison guard supervisor, and got a part job for a major airline as a ticket agent working a couple of day a week mainly for the travel benefit, which allows my partner and me to fly anywhere on my airline for free and very cheaply on other airlines. As such, we do about five short European trips as well as numerous domestic trips a year. The purpose of this 2night/3day trip was to visit the Musée d'Orsay exibit Masculine / Masculine - The Nude Man in Art from 1800 to the Present Day. This is probably the 5th or 6th visit to Paris since working for the airline. On this visit we decided to do the Paris bike share program (Vilib) to get around and it was wonderful fun. Also for the first time used the Air France bus instead of the subway to get to downtown. A bit more expensive than the subway but so much easier.

I have the Hyatt reward Visa Card (I like the Hyatt chain in general). Usually use Priceline or Hotwire when we travel for hotels but I had a free reward night and points which I used for the Hyatt Etoile and am very glad I did. I read the TripAdvisor reviews before I booked and was somewhat concerned about the negative comments (small rooms, in need of an update, old and tired looking, deary purple hallways). After staying there for two nights I can only wonder if the folks who wrote those reviews where in the same hotel as me!

We got to the hotel very early, around 9AM. Beautiful Lobby. The front desk clerk who was about the nicest front desk person I ever encountered apologized for not having a room available than but checked us in, set everything up, and told us to come back at 11:00AM and see him (he even said if there was a line we were to simply go right up to him). The hotel stored our bags, we freshened up in a off the beaten path second floor public bathroom, and made our way out to spend the morning in Paris. We didn't get back to the hotel until about 1:00PM and went to our front desk clerk who said the room had been ready and he would have called us if we had left a cell number....how nice. We were checked into a 32 floor club level room. In European hotels that offer a club level I'm always welling to pay the extra amount for the Club Room amenities. Food and drinks are expensive in Europe and the included evening snacks and drinks along with the breakfast and all day coffee and cold drinks more than off set the cost in convenience and savings. Plus in this hotel the Club level is the top 5 floors so the view is the best.

Now for the room. You walk in and the first thing you see is the view. Paris is a city of 5 and 6 story buildings and we were on the 32nd floor. The view of the city was to die for. Yes, the room isn't big but it's big enough. Everything in the room was clean and worked. It might not have been brand new but there was no indication it was old or tired and had plenty of useful life left in it. The room had ample lighting, a desk, a lounge chair, closet and drawer space, very comfortable bed, new flat screen TV, and nice good sized bathroom with an excellent bath/shower. There were dedicated elevators for the club level so never had to wait for more than a minute or two.

The Club Room was one floor below ours, on the 31st floor. Same view as from our room, again a view to kill for. They offered an assortment of evening appetizers including cheese, bread and rolls (all very good as this is France), what I call deli meats but which are always so much better than the stuff in the US, soda, beer, juice, coffee, and an assortment of wines followed by pastries and a tart. A great way to start off the evening. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, cold meats, cereal, breads, fruit, coffee, juice, soda, and bottled water. An ample assortment and nicely presented. A great way to start your morning.

I think the hotel was absolutely first class, and again the front desk person who checked us in was absolutely top notch. I would stay here again in a heart beat. And again the views of Paris from our room and the Club Room were to kill for.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount for the Club Level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Chiefcopper,

We would like to thank you for your very nice and detailed review about your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed every single part of the Hotel. You are right, the view of the city of light is just magic. At your next visit, we advise you to take a drink at Bar La Vue, you will see the cocktails are just delicious, and the view is the best of Paris.

We will share your comment with our team and the front office
See you very soon with us,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a long term Hyatt regular and have stayed at thier properties around the world.
While the effort to integrate this property into the Hyatt culture is visible, it still has some time to go.
Checking was laborious.
The floor we stayed on was garish (bordering on cheap) but the rooms were recently done up - good but you could see the patch up job. If we craned our necks enough we say the Eiffel Tower which was a pleasant experience.
The Regency Club is an eyesore. Service a bit tardy. Really something that needs to be addressed urgently - as most Hyatt regulars would have high expectations.
The location is fantastic and once fully assimilated into the Hyatt culture it would be fantastic.

Room Tip: On the wya down from the elevator i spotted the lower floors and they seem to have been redone alrea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TheBhasins,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the location of the hotel which is very close to Paris main museums, the Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees.

Now re-branded as Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, we will begin rejuvenating this classic property in order to provide our unique Hyatt guest experience.
Our goal is to curate a unique experience and provide our guests with a memorable stay.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice hotel. In middle of busy intersection and connected to a shopping mall, so I felt like I was in middle of a busy city (like NYC), as opposed to the Marriott Ambassador Paris which I stayed at for the next 3 nights. There's a nice bar & bistro in lobby. Check-in and Check-out were exceedingly slow. I'm not sure what the issues were, but every customer ended up at the front desk for between 8 - 15 minutes (would be my best guess) for both check-in and check-out..... very strange. It was a very fast paced place, so not really a place I would recommend for a vacation. I don't know if there was a gym or a pool. There was a really nice brunch on Sunday morning on the 2nd floor. Again, fast-paced and not entirely clear if you were supposed to wait for server or just get up and start getting food. Rooms are on smaller side, but very clean and comfortable. A large bottle of Evian and some French cookies were delivered to my room as a welcome gift, which I thought was lovely. The hotel can not be described as "charming", but rather a clean semi-upscale hotel in middle of busy city.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms overlook a busy highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather W

Dear Heather W,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. We are also very happy to know that you enjoyed the cookies in your room.

Located at 34 th floor of of the Hotel, our fitness room offers a unique moment of relaxation:
Equipped with the most modern facilities, enjoy a fitness session with the best view of Paris.
After your sport you can enjoy a cocktail in the bar La Vue, offering a panoramic view of the city of light.

Sincerely