We had stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June 2013. We had 2 rooms. This has been recently taken over by Hyatt (was earlier called Concorde). We had asked for adjoining rooms. We were given a room with an adjoining annex, where a sofa cum bed was converted to a very tiny bed. we had asked for 2 separate beds, since we have 2 teenage girls. "Sorry, we are full. Next day maybe possible". We said forget adjoining rooms. no go again. So, in a tired condition we managed the first night. It was not pleasant, and the room was very shabby. We were told the hotel is upgrading. It did not say so on the website, nor any special rate was given for staying in sub standard rooms. Incidentally, I was attending a conference organised by our group in the hotel itself, and we were more than a few staying there.we were shifted the next day as we did not relent. But the worst was yet to come. While checking out, we had a very shocking experience at the front desk with a young lady, whose name I withhold in a public platform. it was marginally short of being racist. This was witnessed by her immediate senior, who was herself shocked. We did not shout back, but instead wrote to the manager, Mr Manceaux, giving all details and demanding clear visible action. We had specifically said that our self respect was in question here. I got a very polite and nice letter stating that things were little off as management had just changed. I was told that 10000 points were being added to my gold passport and rest of usual "calming" talk. But no action was mentioned or seemingly taken. I now am aware how much our Indian self respect was valued at by Hyatt. 10000 points! Thank you Hyatt, but no thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel