“This hotel is getting more Hyatt.”

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Ranked #1,247 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was worried when I booked this hotel, since many of the comments are not so positive here.
Anyway, I stayed for 1 night on 9th of Aug after a week of business trip. Initial atmosphere was more like the Concord Lafayette, a hotel for big groups / conferences. I was awaited longer on the que which made me a bit up set, but I could see the manager was checking the services of staffs, and trying to ice-break with each guest with warm welcome. It was quite OK to be welcomed like that. I got a renovated room on 18th floor with the view of La Defense side, and the view was very nice, since this hotel is the only buidling so high. The room decor was not so "Hyatt" due to the limited renovation efforts, or may be the structural limitation of the previous construction, but I guess they seemed to have done what they could in the reasonable scope of refurbishiment, and the bed was OK, not so soft. And the management recognized the Gold Passport high tier member, and tried to show they cared, which made me feel very good - a bottle of water and Macarons. The best thing for this hotel is the reasonable location, Porte Maillot, M1, and it could be reached by Les Cars Airfrance from CDG airport, by EUR 17 oneway. So if you are planning a short stop over in Paris, and you prefer Champs-Elysses, Etoile, George V, through Louvre or Eiffel (M1, M6) this hotel could be a reasonable choice.You can reach Etoile (Arc de Triomph) within 5 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Parksem,

We wanted to thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip and we are very grateful for your recommendation about Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. Hope that you enjoy the famous “macarons” from our chief Laurent Vigouroux.

See you soon with us,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I feel I had to write a review as this hotel seems to be getting some bad reviews. We stayed here for Bastille Weekend and had an Eiffel tower view deluxe room. I was worried because of the comments on trip adviser but we could not fault our stay here, the room was spotless, had a fantastic view. We stayed for four nights. Our room was cleaned everyday. Reception and staff were brilliant. We had cocktails in the bar, there have been comments on the prices of these (ie, very expensive), yes expensive but very good and an amazing view of the city and definitely worth it. We had a fabulous time staying at this hotel and couldn't find fault.

• Stayed: July 2013
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Aje,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Hyatt Regency Paris! The view from the rooms and the bar is indeed incredible.
Next Time, don’t forget to go to the fitness center:
Located at 34 th floor, our fitness room offers a unique moment of relaxation: Day or night you can admire the exceptional panorama ... enough not to leave your treadmill!

See you very soon,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for business as attending a conference. Convenient location, close to the metro and some sights within easy walking distance. Unimpressed with the room...could have been anywhere..very tired but bed was very comfortable and I slept well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Niqi

Dear Niqi

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you appreciate the location and the bed… You can always sleep well at Hyatt hotel.
Hope that you had time to stroll in the shooping mall just near the hotel. They have the best Gourmet shop.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is very old and very used. The equipements in the room (desks, lamps, bathrooms) are so old. The carpets on the ground so old. The reservation system very old and slow and takes time to retrieve any information. The paint of the ceiling was full of cracks in my room from humidity!
Complete waste of money and kills the whole charm of a trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for highl level room with Tour Eiffle view otherwise the staff will throw you in an ugly room wi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank OS123456789

Dear OS,

thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing.

The project will include a renovation of the hotel’s guestrooms and refurbishment of its public areas.

Work will begin toward the beginning of next year, and will be complete by 2015.

We look forward to welcome you back in the next future

Sincerely

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to Paris for a conference and this hotel was the most expensive conference hotel among all the choices we had. You would expect an expensive hotel would have spacious room and good service, however the room is extremely small, and the wifi speed is terrible. Given that the hotel location is convenient - directly connected to the conference center, I could stand a small hotel room in a city like Paris. When the hotel bill came up on my credit card, that's what makes me give this one-star review. We checked out around 3 am or 4 am in the morning to catch an early flight, and the front desk told me there was a dinner bill in the hotel bar last night, but none of us went to the bar at all! The front desk person said he CANCELLED that bill at that time, however, the bill still showed up on my credit card statement a month later. I filed a dispute from my credit card company, but more ridiculously, the hotel mailed back the dinner receipt without my signature saying it's me who had that dinner! I guess anyone could go to their bar and randomly tell them a room number, without showing them the room card, or any ID, and put a ridiculous bill on a random person! This is fraud, seriously.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yooliii

Dear Yoolii

thank you for taking the time to share your review. The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory.

For your dinner bill, we will come back to you as soon as possible

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked this hotel when it was called the Concorde La Fayette hotel and when the cab driver pulled up I was confused. After confirming I was indeed at the right hotel with the valet, (an e-mail informing us of the change would have been appreciated) we walked into the lovely lobby. Upon checking in, the man working at the front desk upgraded our room to the side of the building that has an outstanding view of the Eiffel Tower. We were in room 1908 and the view was stunning. After long days of sightseeing and fighting the crowds and waiting in lines, we loved coming back to the view of the Eiffel Tower and Paris. The room itself was spacious enough, but absolutely nothing special about it. The room is certainly in need of revamping as there are many signs of age and would benefit from the Hyatt's attention to design and detail. The AC register does a fine job of cooling off part of the room, the area that's farthest away from the bed, which made for some uncomfortably warm nights. The location of the hotel is close to the Arc d'Triumphe, the convention center, mall, RER (train), subway and restaurants. Until the Hyatt upgrades the rooms, I would look elsewhere for my next Parisian vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Stu16,

Thank you for your feedback and for your beautiful picture. The view from the room is indeed just stunning. I prefer it by night...when the Eiffel Tower is shining.

As you said, now re-branded as Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, we will begin rejuvenating this classic property in order to provide our unique Hyatt guest experience.

Work will begin toward the beginning of next year, and will be complete by 2015

Hope to see you very soon

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a expensive zero star hotel in great need of renovation and restaffing. Room photos on the web do not match the actual room. Room decor is tired, scratched and shabby. Internet, breakfast and minibar charges are exorbitant. For example, hotel breakfast at 20 euro is almost 3 times the local breakfast at 7 euro offered in the shops below. And hotel Internet charge of 15 euro for 30 minutes is what I pay for 30 days at home. No kiosk, newspapers or fitness center in the hotel. Not a true Hyatt. Convenient location does not compensate for the many defects and expectations unmet. We feel cheated. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't. High floor rooms on the 20th are bad.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter W

Dear Peter W,

We sincerely apologize that you find your visit disappointing.

The hotel is just near a mall where you can find a lot of shops and a kiosk.

About the Fitness Center, it is located at the last floor of the hotel, just near the Bar La Vue. We hope that you had a drink in this panoramic bar...the view is just incredible.

Now re-branded as Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, we will begin rejuvenating this classic property in order to provide our unique Hyatt guest experience. Work will begin toward the beginning of 2014.