“Not much good to say”

Ranked #1,248 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
chicago, il
“Not much good to say”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed recently at this hotel because my husband attended a conference adjacent to the hotel. The only reason I would ever stay here is if I needed to be close to that conference center, and even at that, there is a Le Meridien across the street, and a Marriott under construction a couple of blocks away. Hyatt better pour some money into this hotel and renovate it before that Marriott opens. This hotel is certainly not like any Hyatt I have ever stayed in. Big, nice lobby, but that's about it. Our room on the 14th floor was terrible - it cost us 250 euros, and that was a conference rate! It was not worth 100 euros. The room was tiny, the tv was tiny, the bathroom fair. There were literally holes in the wall (see photo) and the paint on the bathroom ceiling was peeling. No excuse for Hyatt to rent a room in that condition! The towels were paper thin, and there were no washcloths. Convenient location - we took an inexpensive bus from the airport which dropped us off right near the hotel. When we had to leave, there was a different bus station across the street that provided service to the Paris Beauvais airport, great if you are flying RyanAir. I was able to walk to the Arc, and the Champs Elysees, it was a pleasant 15-20 minute walk. The air-conditioning in the room was not working, but to their credit, they came to fix it very promptly when I complained. But it wasn't working when we walked in the room, shouldn't someone working there have noticed? The view from our hotel room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the hairdryer was great, the location pretty good, but really, 250 euros for that? I would never stay there again unless I was assured that the rooms had been renovated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in a gorgeous suite on an executive floor. There was a executive lounge with drinks and lovely snacks. I have stayed here twice and was treated very well by management employees. Front desk is a little slow in the check in and check out process.
The lobby bar is nice and open. Great place to meet up with friends before going out.
I generally prefer the old hotels in Europe but the view is so outstanding from this place it's worth at least one night's stay. Downstairs of the hotel in the back is some pretty good shopping too and a money exchange service. There's even a Paul sandwich shop if you want a quick bite for a good price.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get on the executive floor. Rooms a beautiful and clean up there. I think...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt as I was attending a conference at the adjacent Palais de congress. I had stayed in an apartment nearby in January and so I knew that this was a convenient and attractive location. My booking was confirmed 2 days prior to my arrival however when I arrived no record of my booking was found. Eventually a room was found for me. On arrival at my floor I was surprised by the dirty state of the corridors which had not been vacuumed properly for some time and the carpet was very old and stained at the edges. My room was very run down and not particularly clean (there was a dirty glass in the bathroom and the room was dusty). The breakfast was exactly the same every day which is very boring if you are staying 5 days.On the plus side the view was tremendous and the bed was very comfortable. When I checked out I had problems with accounts (I was told that I had used the mini bar which I never do). I would only recommend this hotel to someone who is not planning to spend much time in their room- it is certainly not a romantic hotel and constantly has tour buses arriving at the front. If you want to feel as though you are experiencing Paris I would recommend a small hotel or and apartment,

I would only recommend this h

Room Tip: A high room overlooking the Eiffel tower is best but try to ask for a renovated room as the old room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed July 12, 2013

very good veiw,polite personnels they give informations you need and request from them, I need an extera bed ,they put it in my room without any delay and extera charge. good location and very good brakfast and clean resturant , every time you need , you can take a taxi from hotel door immediately, . but hotel needs to renewal and repair in some cases,furniture are old and it is not coequal to a 4* hotel in Paris. room service was not good ,somtimes she forgot to put soaps and shampoo! but when I called housekeeper ,thy appologize and put more than you need. but refreshment of furniture and rooms are necessary.the value was much but it is indispensable because there was PARIS!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary and have to say it turned out better than I thought after reading some of the reviews. The staff were courteous and helpful, especially Alix on the concierge desk who helped us considerably to organise our anniversary tour, thanks. As for the rooms, well, ours was clean and okay, but the hotel does need work doing on it with regard to decor and carpets etc, but the beds were excellent and the views tremendous ( we were on the seventeenth floor). We didn't have breakfast at 22 Euros and only drank in the lovely bar once, 8 Euros for half of lager. I think the present owners are carrying out improvements and we would consider staying there again as the location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms need a facelift. There as a stopover on way to Northern Europe cruise. Switched from Meridien because of Hyatt familiarity. Big disappointment. Not up to Hyatt standards. Understand Hyatt recently took over. They need to do major room renovations ASAP and let guests know they are complete. Like location but needs to be brought to standards expect from Hyatt

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The only good things that I can say about this hotel is that the reception area is very impressive and large and that the elevators are fast.Limescale under rim of toilet bowl and at bottom of bowl. Bath panel hanging off. Basin covered in cigarette burns. Shower goes from too hot to freezing cold constantly. Did not replace shower gel/shampoo on second day. Cigarette burns on carpet in bedroom. 2 single duvets on a Queen bed, what's the idea there? No kettle or tea and coffee making facilities in room. Irons not allowed in rooms.The mini-bar was the most expensive I've ever come across. Cleaning staff start knocking on the door from 8AM and continue this every 20mins. Not what I would expect from a so called premium hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple