“Perfectly suitable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Mary's Republique
Ranked #1,297 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
“Perfectly suitable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a couple of nights in this hotel.
I stayed in a family room which consisted of a single bed and a double,perfectly suitable for my needs.
Room was clean and tidy on arrival and cleaned again on day 2.
The room had a tv and small bathroom with shower,again clean and tidy although the shower could do with a new shower curtain.
The room was also suitably heated at night and beds were comfortable enough.
I used this hotel mainly to sleep as was sightseeing throughout the day,it's perfectly suited for this purpose.
Also the hotel was only 30min slow pace walk to Notre Dam.
While there I only dealt with the one person at reception,He was a very nice guy and extremely helpful with a situation that arose for me.He spoke perfect English and was an absolute gent,he is a credit to the hotel.
In that, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a cheap hotel to mostly sleep and imo better suited to younger people not afraid to do some walking.It's a fun walk down to main Paris with lots of shops along the way.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JayB747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very nice personal, small but nice place. It has some strange smell but you get used to it. It's in a center position of the city with a metro very near. Recomendable if you are visiting the city and you only want to sleep in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

2 Thank Matias D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I really liked the Hotel. The staff was very kind to me and to my boyfriend and we had an amazing time. The room was very clean as the toilet. The only I did not like was the price of the breakfast (7.5€) and the quality of the internet!! But I REALLY recommend this Hotel!!!! :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Henara G
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend away in Paris to watch South Africa play France in rugby. It was relatively cheap, but not cheap enough to accept the room, cleanliness of service from the hotel staff. They are unhelpful, rude and downright lazy. The lights didn’t work in our room when we arrived. I went down to tell reception and waited for about 20mins for someone to turn up. He then just gave me a key to another room and told me to move there. It was vey rude. the next day when we came back to the hotel in the afternoon there was another man at the reception who shouted at us and told us that there was nothing wrong with our original room. I was very rude back at this point and it got very confrontational. Overall the rooms were small, not very clean and you can hear everything that is happening next door. Location is pretty much the only thing this place has going for it.

I would never say here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rawfish01

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here with two friends for a weekend 29/11/13-01/12/13 and I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel.
Having read some of the reviews on the site I was unsure what to expect but given that it didn't cost much at all I didn't expect anything special however, we encountered very small issues at the hotel, if any at all.
We were greeted by a pleasant but small reception in the hotel by a nice, smiling gentleman and given our keys to room 24. The room had obviously just been cleaned and tidied and there wasn't a thing out of place, the bathroom was clean and well equipped with a shower, toilet and clean towels. The room was big enough for all three of us to fit in comfortably.
The towels were changed every day, as well as the room being cleaned. The only slight problem we had was a bit of a dodgy shower but it still worked and that was all that mattered.
The hotel was great value for money and possibly the best you'd get for the same price range.
We slept well in the hotel with very little to no disruption from the street.
A lot of people seem to moan about the fact you have to pay city tax on arrival. The fact that city tax wasn't included in the price of hotel was clearly stated on the website and it is only 0.78 euros per person, per night (I'm pretty sure people just love to complain about anything they can.)
One thing the hotel excels at is the location, it is PERFECT. The hotel is about 20 metres away from a metro stop on a very good line too so it is easy to find your way to all major landmarks.
In addition, we found a lovely bar (L'Eventail) literally over the road from the hotel where we visited twice a day for the 3 days we were there, the food and cocktails were delicious and good value for money.

I'd highly recommend this hotel for people on a budget. The fact I have rated it 4/5 isn't because it's an absolutely awe-inspiring and beautiful hotel but, because it is fantastic value for money and in a great location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Catalina C
Sarlat
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is very well placed for the area we needed. HOWEVER: The receptionist was rude and unhelpful when we arrived.
When we came back to the hotel after the event at 11.30 at night, he asked us to go and find some money to pay the taxe de séjour (1,55 euros!) that he had forgotten to charge us earlier!
The room was not clean - there were hairs in the bed, under the pillows, on the bathroom floor and in the shower.
The sheet was clean but the bed throw is obviously not washed or changed after each customer as this was dirty and stained.
Bed was uncomfortable.