“Bad Choice!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mary's Republique

You added Hotel Mary's Republique to your Saves list
Hotel Mary's Republique
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, Rue de Malte, 75011 Paris, France (Bastille / Oberkampf)   |
Ranked #1,284 of 1,811 Hotels in Paris
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Bad Choice!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Do not, I repeat DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. First off they tried to scam us into staying at the "other" Mary's Hotel which is worse than this one. Then they would not let us get any phone calls from my son or daughter in law who live in France, the front desk man was quite interested in the fact that my daughter in law is a French citizen. Even though she had called to check on us, they never gave us the message. A mouse jumped out at me from the bed. We spent a wonderful evening in Paris and when we returned to our room about midnight, I could not sleep and when I got up we found bedbugs, not a few...........a swarm! The night deskman insisted they were not bedbugs, I have photos to prove it. We had to leave in the middle of the night and take an early train to my son's wedding in Tours instead of spending the next day in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mary M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's not a great hotel, as you might imagine by its prices. But it's still beter than a hostel!

I stayed there with a group of friends, we booked a 4-bed Room and a Triple Room. It's a 1/2 star hotel, with a small but clean private bathroom, TV with plenty of channels, etc etc. The rooms aren't big but are not really small too. They'd clean it daily but my friends complained they weren't cleaning it really well. The building was a bit old but the rooms were warm (sometimes a bit too hot!).

The staff was kind and cool, and they let us warm up some food in a microwave. Good if you're on a budget and want to save for museums and stuff.

Location was perfect, near Republique. There's a metro station right next to the hotel, and many restaurants and shops around.

Good if you're with friends, don't want to spend a lot of money, and if don't like shared bathrooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at Mary's Hotel in September and I found the staff and Management very friendly and professional and I would recommend the hotel to anybody..The Location of hotel is excellent,as you are only ten minutes from Guarde De Norde and Bastille...Also there is an amazing cafe/bar just a stone's throw from the hotel and they serve excellent food at an amazing price...I have no problems about staying at Mary's Hotel in the future,as for an inexpensive place to stay in Paris it is hard to beat....:))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jim978
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I previously wrote a glowing review of this hotel but deleted it due to the extensive amount of bedbug bites all over my body that appeared a week after staying there. My body has been seriously feasted on, so this hotel must have a serious issue with them.

If you aren't allergic to bedbug's and they don't bother you then by all means stay at this hotel. If, like me, you end up covered in red itchy lumps, do not!

30 + bedbug bites and counting...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank PrawntobeWild

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here in October for 1 night.
Cheap and cheerful. The room was clean, if not a little pokey. But you get what you pay for. Staff were very accomodating and friendly. They looked after our luggage for us as our room wasn't ready when we arrived. Beware if there are 2 of you staying in a room it definately feels like you are on top of each other, but not bad for 1 night. The rooms are very thin and noise goes on all night, so I would recommend ear plugs!
All in all it was ok!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank naybcfc
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a single room online with discounted price of 53 Euro for a day. The hotel is few metres away from Oberkampf metro line no. 5 from Gare Du Nord a major network station. They keep the luggage for the day but allow check in at 2-3 PM. I arrived early in the day and after keeping luggage went out to Republique 5 min or 1 km away. Had good breakfast at McDonald. Then tried to see L open Tour Green buses. After trying for one hour I realised these buses have stops near some of the major bus stops. I got a bus at 9.30 and took me to station 1 where you get another circuit (34 Euro for 2 days fo 4 circuits; they stop at 6 pm SO BEWARE). I went to see Eiffiel Tower. After waiting for 1 hr I went up and took great pictures. Came back to hotel and then went again. Came back 7.30 PM and slept whole night. No bugs, beds very soft 8 inches perhaps. TV in room. Toilet small but clean. Next day I went to other circuit near Gare Australitz and Gare Lyon. I saw the places in bus and came back. I packed the things in morning and things were there, they cleaned the room and did not disturb my packs which were almost open. But this is bad they should not clean wile persons have not checked out. The hotel was full. They give internet but in lobby. In room its not accessible.
Overall- highly recommedned for short stay - absolutely no problem

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors are better A/c was not working but maybe not required. Book early for single...