“Great Location, services could be better! :)”

Villa des Ambassadeurs
Ranked #665 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Location, services could be better! :)”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Being in Paris and staying at this location was a great experience. Two metro stations at a 5 mins walk, the eiffel tower, arc de troimphe and champseleseeys at a distance of 10-15 mins walk was very convenient. The room size is tiny, and the staff is ok. Not many residents know about this place so it was difficult to find it on day one. The breakfast and dining area is very tiny, and is self service surprisingly! :) getting anything printed before 3 PM is free and charged after 3pm - please note!
Overall an good stay for 2 nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I arrived at the hotel and was informed that there was no water working the rooms which meant that I could not stay at this location. They transferred me to another branch which was a 15 minute drive away. I was extremely disappointed and unsatisfied, although this was a problem that could not be controlled I was very angry that I was only informed on the day I arrived, if they had told me before my stay I would have sorted out accommodation elsewhere, instead of having no choice but to stay at the other hotel. This hotel was called Le Bialli, the stay was okay overall but not great! Me and my partner were extremely annoyed as this location was perfect. We did not get to actually stay there but the area the hotel was had an brilliant lively atmosphere. I would say this hotel was very unreliable!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Aminarasadulla
LaVDA, Responsable réception at Villa des Ambassadeurs, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience and please accept our sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously.

We understand that it is from the opinions, comments, complaints, suggestions and/or compliments we receive from our guests that we are, in fact, going to improve our services.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the reported inconveniences and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in order to demonstrate the level of service that we usually provide.

Best regards,
Bruno
Front Desk.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I decided to take my mum to Paris, as neither of us had been before. We stayed at Villa des Ambassadeurs for 1 night and I would highly recommend this hotel. Bruno, the hotel owner, was very friendly and so helpful in detailing out a guide to the area and where was best to visit. He had a very welcoming manner and was there to answer any queries we had. The room that we stayed in was perfect - clean, beautifully decorated with comfortable beds and a great modern design. It also had a good sized bathroom with a great shower! We had breakfast at the hotel the next morning, which was quite substantial and there was a lot to choose from. All in all we had a wonderful stay at Villa des Ambassadeurs and I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaVDA, Responsable réception at Villa des Ambassadeurs, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comment on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us earlier last week.
It is always a pleasure to read our guest comments and see that the hotel facilities, the location were appreciated.

But overall, I especially thank you for noticing and writing on the personalized service we give at VdA. We really want our guest to feel home away from home as much as possible and more as a Parisian than a tourist.
Your very kind words have been appreciated by the staff and I sincerely thank you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for your next visit to Paris or to welcome your familly and friends!

Kind Regards,
Bruno,
Front Desk Team.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have promised myself to write a review about this hotel once I reach home but wasn't able to find the time. My fiance and I stayed at Villa Des Ambassadeurs in mid August and we really enjoyed our time.
Room: The rooms are small but it was built in a smart way. Our room has a small closet which fit all of our clothes for a week, a decent-sized bathroom, a small fridge and comfortable bed. They clean the room everyday and never failed to leave it as pristine as possible. I believe it is newly-renovated because the fixtures seem new.
Location: 5-15 minutes away from Trocadero, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, and Arc de Triomphe. There's a metro just few minutes away which connects to many stations closed to other popular attractions. We rode the cab twice just to experience it but the metro served us well. If you also need to buy something from the grocery, there's Carrefour just 5 minutes away. Just a small tip though, if you're coming from CDG Airport, it would be better if you keep at least EUR 100 for a 2-way taxi transport from and to the Airport. The metro near the hotel doesn't have an elevator/escalator (we paid EUR 48 one-way)
Food: the hotel serves nice breakfast with choice of croissant, pain au chocolat, cereals, poached egg etc. If you're a big breakfast type of person like us, there are good restaurants nearby. During our stay, we ate at restaurants in Trocadero and Kleber.
Service: Although I wasn't able to get the names of the hotel staff. All of them are very helpful and accomodating.
Price: Considering how good the location of this hotel is, the price is just perfect.

If we visit Paris again, we will surely come back and stay at VdA :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank hollygolightly1990
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay at VDA with us on Tripadvisor.

You have said it all, I do not know what I could add? I am just very thankful and glade that we would be your choice again.

Please do contact me directly for your next reservation.

Kind Regards,

Bruno,
Front Desk Team.
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed 3 nights at this little hotel in Paris. we thought that it was a great choice for location and convenience...and especially for the price. the only reason I am giving it 3 stars instead of 4 is because although it was perfect for what it was, there wasn't anything "above average" to rate a 4th star.

Having said that, here are all the pros to staying at this little hotel:

great location--easy to reach by car, nearby parking (65 Avenue Kleber), and within a block or so of two different metro lines (lines 6 and 9). also, it is only a few minutes by foot to both the Eiffel tower and the Arc de Triumph. the neighborhood itself is a bit quieter but has plenty of restaurants, cafes, and bars. there are also several banks, so it is easy to withdraw money without having to traipse all over town looking for an ATM.

hotel itself--this is a tiny hotel, but keep in mind that this is typical for Paris. although the room was small, it was clean and comfortable. the bathroom was spotless. and bonus--the hotel has air conditioning! some rates include free WIFI. we did use it and had no problems. breakfast is offered and included in some rates (check out their specials on their website). it is a small breakfast which includes fresh breads, cereals, yogurts, fruits, butter/jelly/honey, coffee/tea, juice, and hard boiled eggs. although not elaborate, the breads were amazing and it was a nice start to the day. walking through Paris, we noticed several places offering coffee, 1 croissant, and jam for the same price as our hotel was offering for the entire breakfast buffet.

price--we were able to score an incredible deal on their website. Paris is expensive, and it certainly helped having saved some money on the hotel.

the front desk staff was reasonably friendly...meaning they said hello and goodbye and always smiled, but didn't really offer up any tips on the city.

all in all, this was a comfortable, convenient, safe, and budget-friendly place to stay in Paris. I would recommend it to other people who want to have a good base to explore the city and still have enough money to enjoy all the sites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kyra_10
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Villa des Ambassadeurs in Paris on 7/25/13 for 4 nights. This hotel has a great location within walking distance to Trocadero and the Tour Eiffel. While the hotel maybe small compared to american standards, our experience was outstanding. From the moment we checked in, the staff was very attentive. I need to make a special mention to Bruno at the reception, who helped us in every possible way as we planned our daily activities, shopping needs and suggestions. He really was a pleasure dealing with. Also the ladies at the breakfast area, Cathy and Sophia, were always nice and attentive. Thanks again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diego F
LaVDA, Directeur général at Villa des Ambassadeurs, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing La Villa des Ambassadeurs for your stay in Paris !

We also thank you for your kind comment on the hotel and the hotel team. Bruno, Cathy and Sophia will be happy to know about it.

We are very glad that you liked your stay among us.

Be sure that the team will welcoming you back with great pleasure for your future stays in Paris.

Best Regards,

Ingrid Ryssen
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was taking my three teenage children to Paris and this hotel was perfectly located between the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe so plenty to see within easy walking distance. The rooms are quite small but as other reviewers have said this is typical in Paris and they were comfortable, recently refurbished and clean. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a great holiday and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family