“Gr8 French weekend”

Chester, United Kingdom
“Gr8 French weekend”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hi

Really good small hotel, just 2 mins from metro and all the sites, staff are very friendly,

We live in Paris and when we have visitors we often use this hotel as it round the corner for us very small & typicallly french in style

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SB-Paris-75016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Filthy, dirty, ugly, noisy. The rooms are very, very small and even at this low rate completely overprized. It stinks. You wouldn't believe the bed sheets. This hotel is a total dump with incompetent and unfriendly owner and staff. You'd be better off sleeping on a park bench or at a station. Haven't seen anything like this in a long time.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chuck F

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed February 10, 2012

What a lovely place, well located with really friendly staff. I was living in Paris and my mum and grandmother came to visit me so I decided to book a hotel instead of cramming in my flat. I chose Hotel Beausejour based on various positive reviews and I certainly wasn't
disappointed. Our triple room was spacious with plenty of storage space. The beds were comfy and the whole hotel was lovely and clean, and so, met the (high) cleanliness standards of my visiting Grandma!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennus
Buenos Aires
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights during beginning of October and we were overall satisfied with our choice.
The hotel is basic; the room was a little bit small and had a tiny place to keep the clothes.
From my point of view, the location was very good. Even though it´s not close to any of the attractions, there are so many places near the hotel to eat that it is a very comfortable location. You have the typical Parisian cafes, pattisieries and Boulangeries, places with food to go, a couple of bars and common restaurant. Also metro station is half a block away and 2 others in less than 5 blocks. Also there is a self service laundry place just 2 blocks away.
Bed was comfortable and shower good. Even though the room we had faced a street it was not very noisy. Breakfast was not included and instead of purchasing it, we preferred to go to the cafes nearby or but some pastrie at the patisseries in our street. We didn’t try it in the hotel so can´t say how it was, but in the places we had breakfast it was absolutely great and cheaper than in the hotel.
There is wifi with good reception in the rooms and it only costs 5 euros for the whole stay, really cheap.
The staff was standard, almost all of them understand English and one of the guys also some Spanish. Don´t expect them to treat as in Disney, but if you ask them for something you will get an answer.
All in all, our stay was good and I think it´s a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank koko1978
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

In my opinion - after staying 1 horrible unhygienic night - NO one should stay here untill they improve thier cleaning standards.
Reasons: Shower cubicle mouldy, bathroom tiles - mouldy, Shower head - limescale blocked & broken (later fixed), Clothes hanging area - covered in dust, Walls had dust clumps, Desk / chair / room fixtures - covered in thick dust, Pubic hair in cup, NO curtains in the bathroom & other room's TV remote turned on & off our TV. The ONLY clean thing in the room were the sheets. IF you do not believe my above account I can send you all 30 photos that I took as proof. The hotel did have a good location & the staff were understanding.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AlexRV
ISRAEL
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for 7 nights. It is a very nice hotel run by a family. I got a very nice and clean room breakfast is nice too.
They charge 5 eur for WIFI .....(?)
I realy think it is a very good choice 2 min walk from metro.
Friendly stuff

Room Tip: clean , nice, good breakfast
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BARAK36H
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Ants, rodents and a clueless staff left me speechless as to how this property was even classified as 2-star by the French Dept. of Tourism. A night in Jail would have been better. Staff rude and aggressive. Rooms tiny and infested. This place is filthy and I have reported it to the same department.

Room Tip: Look for good standard chain hotels like Ibis.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business