“Parisian luxury in the perfect location”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #415 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC
“Parisian luxury in the perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our suite under the eaves of this historic property was perhaps the nicest room we have ever had (OK, on the list with the Westin Kyoto, but its on the list). If you are looking for a perfectly located, very French, historic hotel with wonderfully updated rooms, you have found it. SPG Gold/Platinum check in was handled by a wonderful woman at a small writing desk in the lobby. Our suite was unbelievable, very Parisian, somewhat modern design. Upholstered walls, whirlpool tub, marble bath, separate glass shower, double lav, separate toilet/bidet, separate half bath in the living room, great furnishings.

For a romantic weekend in Paris, you will be on the edge of Rue de Rivoli, steps from the Louvre, the Seine, and Place Vendome.

The hotel's restaurant was better for dinner than breakfast, and a better value for dinner than breakfast. The public spaces on the first floor are not overly large, but are well appointed. But with your suite, you probably won't be hanging out in the lobby, will you? We have stayed in 4 star smaller boutique properties in Paris, which are great, but highly recommend the Westin Paris for its comfort, its staff, the location, and the character of the building.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cushnahan, Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Dear rowingman,

Thank you for your review.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in one of our specialty suites, mixing old world romantic Parisian charm with modern luxury.

Our team thanks you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back in Paris.

Kind regards,

Conor Cushnahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

We asked for an upgrade of our room, didn't get a king sized bed (they didn't guarantee it in any case) but ended up with 2 queen beds. The room is a decent size. The equipment worked well in the bathroom. I like the 3 different levels of faucet/showerhead. The room was very quiet but I'm not sure that's because we didn't have anyone next door. One morning we awoke to the sound of a baby crying quite loudly. Staff is very courteous and efficient. The concierge is very patient and helpful. We had faxes delivered to the door within minutes of arrival. You don't have to speak a word of French in this hotel, if that's important to you.

If you want to be close to the attractions, then the location can't be beat. You're within walking distance to the Jardins Tulieries, Louvre, L'Orangerie and Place de la Concorde. The Metro is a couple of blocks away. Shopping at the big department stores (Lafeyette and Printemps) and gourmet food (near Madelaine) is within walking distance. However, if you want to be in a neighbourhood with more local flavour, then you should look elsewhere. Given the choice of eateries close by and the prices charged by the hotel, we didn't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear p8patyger,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a most inspiring and relaxing time with us. Your comments on our associates will be shared with them, thank you very much for this.

It’s a shame you did not have the opportunity to try our creative menus at the Restaurant le first, with our trade mark “superfoods” and organic products.

Hope to see you back with us very soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I am not a big fan of Paris - I was in a grumpy mood when I arrived. It was raining, it was difficult to get a cab, and the language barrier left me frustrated.

That is - till I got to The Westin Paris.

The lady at the Front Desk had a "Trainee" badge on - yet - she knew all the right things to say - she confirmed that an up-graded room was ready (we had to pay only 40 Euro extra for a room to accomodate my wife, my 13 year old, and I). She apologized that due to the high occupancy, she could not offer us a room with a better view. Hey - just her pleasant manners, her command of the English language, and her French hospitality were enough.

The bags arrived in the room within 60 seconds - yes 60 seconds. We needed extra pillows - wait time - 4 minutes. We wanted extra towels - wait time - 6 minutes. After that, housekeeping automatically showed up every evening in our room and put extra towels in for us - we didn't even have to ask. Everytime we went out of the room - we were greeted warmly by the Housekeeping staff.

When we went to buy an internet card - the lady at the Front Desk gave us an "insider" tip - "use the 2nd computer from the entrance - the keyboard is the best, and it is the fastest computer - which will save you money".

The Concierge - yet another story - they told us what to see, where to go, which shows to choose - all with the motivation of saving us time and money - and making our stay in Paris fun.

When we walked back to the hotel late at night, I am sure we were not a pretty sight - it was hot in Paris, and we had been out all day. Yet, the Security guard at the entrance greeted us warmly, never even once questioning us whether we were actually guests in the hotel.

The restrooms in the public areas were constantly being cleaned - the GM must have a phobia for cleanliness - because there were people all over the the hotel all the time - making sure the public areas were spotless. Hey - thanks for that phobia - I love it.

I am a fussy traveller (you can read another review of mine about the Le Meridien Monte Carlo - I would not recommend that dump to my worst enemy - they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome).

I have visited 131 cities in 22 countries - I have stayed at many Starwood properties world-wide. The Westin Paris is up there among my favourites. The staff at The Westin Paris are incredible. Congratulations to the GM and the entire staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DeepakinToronto
Cushnahan, Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Dear DeepakinToronto,

We are all delighted to hear such great comments on our team and hotel! This really does show our commitment to giving great guest service and thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with the world!

Hope to have you back with us very soon.

Pamplona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had a group of 60 (30+ rooms) stay at this hotel during Spyns 2010 Tour de France trip. We couldn't have been happier. The rooms are standard upscale hotel although the beds are very comfortable. Reception staff, concierge, and particularly the group reservations staff were outstanding. The breakfast was excellent with a fantastic selection of eggs - often hard to find in France. The hotel's location just a few blocks from the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, and within walking distance (albeit quite a trek) of the Eiffel Tower. Spyns former clients all raved about the hotel. There were some drawbacks like the 30 euros in-room wifi but nothing that took away from the Tour de France trip experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Spyns,

Thank you for this great review of your stay with us during the Tour de France event.

See you next year!!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Westin was a great place to stay while visiting Paris. We were amazed at the location, and really enjoyed our stay.
The Concierge always recommended lovely restaurants which made our stay that much better. Our check in went great as the front desk agent actually walked us to our room(we were looking at an upgrade) and made sure that we liked the room. We did and she sent housekeeping up right away to adjust the beds for us from singles to a King (as in most European hotels).
The room was beautiful with a view of the courtyard. All of the major attractions were really close, the Louvre, Tullieries Garden, the Seine, the Place de Concorde oh and of course the SHOPPING!!!!

We were there during Bastille Day. They had mentioned that the hotel would be disrupted (ie certain doors would be closed and streets cordoned off) due to the parade. We never noticed. It was handled very well.

We would recommend the Westin for a stay in Paris!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear Jewelfine,

I am delighted to see you had a such a great stay with us! I will make sure to share your comments with our associates. Paris is for sure one of the best shopping places…and the Westin Paris right between Place Vendôme, Place de la Concorde, The Louvre museum and the famous Rue Faubourg St-Honoré !

Thanks again Jewelfine for this great comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the city of lights!

manila, philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

the concierge nicholas was excellent, very helpful and kind and recommended excellent restaurants for us. he made our stay an excellent one because of his recommendations. thank you.
as for rooms they are a bit too small though and wi fi is expensive.
lines in the front desk are so long and take time. front desk recpetionist not as warm, accomodating and helpful as the concierge was.
the westin has a great location , nice rooms even if small but need to improve the front office services.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharm31
Dear sharm31,

I would like to thank you for such nice comments and please be assured that we inform Nicholas and our Head Concierge about this compliment. As per your following notes, I deeply regret that the front office could have been at the same level of service as our concierges department.

I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to show you what we are capable of.
Should you plan another Parisian trip, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will do my very best to arrange a lovely stay at the Westin Paris!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stay at the westin paris all the time...and this time we were unhappy with our experience. I booked two rooms three months ago. I requested months in advance for a connecting or side by side room. However, one of the ladies at the front desk made me wait for 45 minutes only to tell me she could not accommodate ANY of my requests...not even rooms side by side when the hotel was not full occupancy! She made it so difficult for us instead of helping us. Typically, hotels pre-block the rooms when rooms are booked way in advance! I've stayed at other top hotels and other Westins and have never received service like this. To top it all off, the managers after seeing how long we waited put us in a room with a broken toilet and a broken tv!!!!! It would be nice if you took better care of your loyal guests most especially your starwood guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank sarrajane
Dear sarrajane,

Your feedback is really very valuable to all of us ! thank you !

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and particularly because we could not accommodate connecting or adjoining rooms at this given moment in time.
Please accept my sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience and please be aware that every corrective action has been taken in order to avoid this in the future.

With this said, I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Paris in the near or far future. Should you allow us such an opportunity, do not hesitate to contact me, I would be delighted to personally look after your reservation..