The Westin Paris - Vendome
$195
$173
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$174
$564
$508
Travelocity
3,848 results
All reviewsheavenly bedspg pointseiffel towertuileries gardensplace de la concordejunior suiteconcierge deskbeautiful hotelan upgradeperfect locationhousekeeping staffinner courtyardlouvre museumchamps elyseessmall balconymacaroonsfew blocks
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 18, 2005

We stayed at the Westin (formerly known as the InterContinental) for 7 days. We booked our room in August asking for a double bed & view of the Eiffel Tower...we got 2 beds & a view of a roof. While the concierge on the Club Floor did her very best to ask for a change of room or some sort of compensation for us, the ass't mgr would not hear of it. Only after we personally phoned him did he send up a bottle of wine.

Having stayed at other major hotel chains on the club floor, the Westin's was a disappointment. For breakfast & hor's d'oevres the kitchen sends a predetermined amount of food to the Club Floor & when it's gone there is no more. If you sleep in, you lose. It is clearly posted on the Club Lounge that cocktail hour is from 1800 - 2000 but everything is put away at 1900 & set for bkft the next day.

There is free internet access in the Club Lounge but there is only 1 computer & time must be rationed.

The furniture needs refurbishing. I snagged many articles of clothing on the desk in the Club lounge.

Clearly, paying more for Club Floor access was not worth it at this hotel. The day-to-day personnel are fantastic but mgmt is not cooperative.

The location cannot be beat! We could walk to so many places & the local restaurants were a real treat.

Paris, we will be back but we'll be staying at the Ritz.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2005

Just returned from this hotel after staying three nights. Location is great and got a good rate also by comparision to other five stars in Paris but hotel is not on par with competition. When I was planning the trip I considered the Intercontinental Grand also (similar rate) however, on taking over this hotel Westin had an introductory offer and this was the reason why we choose the Westin (formally Intercontinental). The location is excellent but the hotel is in need of a makeover (it appeared that Westin had already started). Our room was an OK size with balcony. Great views of gardens, Eifel Tower, etc. but traffic was a little noisy. Room was stuffy and bathroom smelled a little but had to balance having the windows closed and no noise or the stuffy smell.

Staff were indifferent (particulary concierge) and delays and confusion at reception.

If the budget can afford it there are much better hotels - Four Seasons, Crillon, Bristol, Ritz, etc. but they are all of world class standard. Westin is fine for the price/location but I think the Intercontinental Grand is a much better choice for similar cost.

Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank HT1
Reviewed October 21, 2005

For our honeymoon we decided to stay in Paris for a week. Five of these we spent at the Intercontinental on Rue de Rivoli on the Club level as Ambassador members.
Location:
Five out of Five, it really cannot get any better, if you intend to be in the center of Paris. The Metro is around the corner, the top sights, like the louvre, place de la concorde, place vendome, the opera, champs elysees, etc., it simply doesn´t get better!
Transport (Airport to Hotel):
You basically have to catch a cab - calculate an average price of 50 Euro from CDGaulle to IConti.
Service:
Except for a missing concierge who could have helped with the luggage upon arrival, it was great! Five out of five for the great service, always friendly, always polite and attentive. We got a nice room with a view on to the Eiffel Tower, were a bit unquiet about the size of the room and due to the great support of a female member of the Club level, they upgraded us to a magnificent suite with a great view over Paris!
Rooms:
Facing Rue de Rivoli you might be afraid of the noise, but the hotel is well equipped with quality windows. The rooms were always clean, the furniture is old-stylish and needs to be refurbished. The rooms are small in comparison to other parts of Europe or Asia. Paris simply is this way... Nice Moulton Brown accessories. Electronic Minibar (stay away, or you´ll be charged! :) ), nice and fresh towels...
Atmospheare:
Many fashion shows go on in this hotel - always busy somehow, but cute.
Club Level:
Is worth going for, due to the priority treatment and the good amnieties like breakfast, coffe-break, and dinner drinks. Internet is free of usage in the Club lounge, and you can always help yourself to beverages. Five out of five again!
Other services:
Had a shirt to be removed from blood stains, and although I needed it the next day, they returned it the same day in terrific condition for 12 Euro. Was happy about this great service.
In total, although this Hotel will have upcoming changes, we recommed it in all ways, especially the Club level.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank VfB 1893
Reviewed October 10, 2005

My husband and I decided to take our honeymoon in Paris and had a tough time deciding where to stay. We decided to splurge and go for the InterContinental. We booked our flight and hotel on Priceline to get the best price but unfortunately that meant the cheapest room. I made sure to write an email to the hotel before we got there confirming our reservation and asking if a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower was available. The staff very promptly got back to me and offered to do the upgrade once we arrived. (I strongly suggest that if you stay at this hotel that you ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, it is deffinately spectacular and not to be missed if you want to make your stay unforgetable.) Once we arrived the entire staff was extremely helpful with whatever we needed from asking directions to an attraction or getting a recommendation for a great restaurant. Actually the hotel has an excellent restaurant right on site that we tried out for lunch one afternoon, outstanding food at a great price, one piece of advice would be to make a reservation. Other than that, the hotel is obviously centrally located to everything, close to a metro station and right across the street from an afternoon stroll in the Garden Tuileries. Next time we go back, we want to stay at the InterContinental.

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank janer00
Reviewed October 6, 2005

My husband and I spent three nights at the Intercontinental Paris (not to be confused with the LeGrand the subject of another Post) and I would not hesitate to stay there again. In fact after twenty years of trying various and sundry hotels in Paris, this will be my first choice from now on.

Since we were celebrating our anniversary on this trip, I reserved a room on the Club level. Two weeks prior to our arrival, I emailed the hotel and let them know that we were arriving on a very early flight, confirmed our pick-up at the airport and requested a room with an Eifel Tower view. I received a message back suggesting that we reserve our room one day earlier than planned so as to be assured of its availability upon arrival. I am glad that we did. It was worth the extra night to have it available to us at 8:00 a.m. after an all night flight.

The hotel's location is absolutely wonderful. This was my first stay on the right bank and I found the surrounding area to be convenient to everything including shopping,the metro and sightseeing.

Upon arrival we were immediately sent to the third floor and were greeted by a wonderful young woman who remembered us by name during our stay. The hotel itself reminded me of the Plaza in New York before its most recent decline. The service was friendly and not pretentious at all. Everyone on the Club level was friendly and helpful. The free use of the internet was a plus. The room, while somewhat small, was perfectly adequate and the view was fabulous. Breakfast was adequate as were the snacks and drinks available during the day and early evening hours.

All in all our stay was comfortable and convenient. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone for an enjoyable and pleasant stay in Paris.

6  Thank sweetgirlSt_Louis