“Great location, wonderful staff”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #489 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I recently stayed here with my daughter and then met my husband and son later in the week. My first experience was walking in jet lagged, seeing the wonderful location and beautiful lobby. Then, Claire, the assistant manager, came over to tell us that do to a delegation extending their stay (later found out that it was U.S./Russian meetings), would it be ok if we stayed at another hotel for one night. I was too fuzzy to even think to complain - good thing. We were walked over to the 5 star Hotel Le Meurice, given a beautiful room, points put back on our account and treated to breakfast there (46 Euros per person! Mon Dieu!) and then, back at the Westin, my husband and I were treated to an upgraded room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, By the way, ran into John Kerry and his entourage walking down the hall when we returned. Glad we could enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel and contribute to world peace! :) Aside from this experience, the concierges had wonderful recommendations for dinner and were very helpful. I would definitely return to this hotel even without a 5-star detour, (Do go to the Le Meurice and enjoy a drink in their beautiful bar but bring plenty of euros).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are sorry that we were forced to relocate your reservation for the first night of your stay and we are happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for your compliments about our staff that we consider our most valuable asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,733)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here with my wife, First class service, albeit a chain hotel this place is surprisingly quaint with a close attention to detail. Rooms are small but that is quite the norm for Europe. Great location. Breakfast is delicious, pricey as the rest of Paris. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I usually stay in the Latin Quarter but was booked here by other people. I was excited to stay in this area and the location is certainly great and allowed me to explore in more detail on foot, but I don't feel that you get sufficient value for money with this hotel. I have stayed in Westin hotels before and found them terrific, but this one was not up to standard. While acknowledging that it is built in a very old building, that doesn't excuse poor maintenance. We were overlooking the courtyard which meant no street noise, but the noisy traffic up and down the corridor all night wasn't great. This is a large hotel and Paris is a city where people stay up till all hours.
The breakfast buffet was quite dark and dingy and made it hard to see what there was. We were there during the French Open tennis and also some International Trade conference which also meant that the hotel had security guards and armed police hanging around. Not really a relaxing environment.
I cannot see what there is about this Hotel that warrants the price of the accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen S
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Ellen S,

I regret that you did not fully enjoy your experience. I'm sorry about the noise outside your room, we want our guests to experience relaxing stays in order to leave in a better shape than when they arrived.

We take note of your remark concerning the restaurant, the ambiance has been created by the renowned interior designer Jacques Garcia but we are sorry that you found it dark.

During the French Open, we effectively had some international delegations with more security agents around than usual, I'm sorry that you found this annoying.

Thank again for your comments and for staying with us,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a fabulous trip to Paris--largely in part to the Westin Vendome. My must haves for international travel: rooms service, great bath, great location. The Westin had all three plus the fabulous Heavenly bed/pillows. The location is perfect--we could walk most places, galleries, Louvre, etc. We had a lovely room, nice sized, overlooking Tuileries garden and the Eiffel Tower, with marble fireplace, beautiful interior, flat screen + luxurious marble bath We consider ourselves discriminating travelers and found the Westin Vendome to be five star. The room service was excellent--good food and really quick. We used the concierge service quite a bit and they were most helpful. And, when you ordered breakfast, or a wake-up call, and asked for 7:15 am, the service was provided at exactly 7:15 am....and we were there for 11 days. All of the staff from front desk to housekeepers to a/c engineer were prompt, friendly and dedicated. The thing I loved the most was the bath/shower....it had a temperature control gauge that you could set for the perfect bath. We went over to the George V for cocktails--it was prettier than the Westin, but not a $1000 a night prettier! We thought our room rate quite reasonable for this location. We plan a return trip and will stay again and this most accommodating hotel

Room Tip: The second you get there ask the bellman to take everything out of the refrigerator. Then go to a n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank liz77006

Dear Liz77006,

Thank you for your very positive review!

It's always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback, we are happy that you fully enjoyed the experience. Thank you for your compliments about the staff that we will share with the teams.

We hope to have you again among our guests in a not too distant future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Location, location, location really sums up this hotel. It's close to all the major shopping streets, restaurants, Tuileries Gardens and metro stations. The building is lovely and La Terrasse restaurant is a beautiful place to enjoy a meal or drink in the summer months. My twin room was spacious for Paris standards and the beds were really comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice, I am a Starwood person. The location and hotel I feel are a good value after pricing similar hotels in the area. The rooms are small but clean, heavenly beds :), the bathtub is awkwardly high but the shower is awesome! Weak points are the snack amenities, expensive and the small fridge is magnetized, so after stashing my diet coke in there every night i had quite the charges (which were forgiven). Great bar downstairs with very awesome service and snacks. The one room service I had was incredible. Located adjacent to fun shopping on rue St Honoree (small grocery there where you can do quite good for drinks, snacks, cheese, etc) or if you go toward Madeleine more exclusive shopping (do the mustard tasting!). I think above all this location is premium!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank emmieg
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is located very well. Old building with common areas nicely upgraded. Rooms are somewhat awkward. Great bed, nicely appointed. Terrible hallways presentation. Had an issue with next door noise and the staff were very friendly and understanding, but incapable of resolving the issue. The restaurant is great, so is the bar. The staff are incredible. And, if you have been to Paris before and you have learned forgiveness of Parisian shortcomings, you will enjoy your stay. Careful with your luggage. the guys outside lack consideration for your belongings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank GILBERT R
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear GILBERT R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments about the staff, the restaurant & bar and the the Heavenly bed however we regret that you were disturbed by the noise coming from the guest located next to you. My sincere apologies for not being able to resolve this issue immediately when it happened. We strive to deliver relaxing experiences to our guests and we regret that we did not attain your goal in your particular case.

I would have liked to have more details about the persons outside the hotel that you say have no consideration for your belongings, I'm very surprised as our porters are always very concerned on this point, I'm sorry if you did not have that impression.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.