“The rooms need a facelift”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #483 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel has maybe past the peak when it comes to 5-stars. The lobby and the courtyard are still high class but when you entering the rooms you will be quite disappointed if you expect a five star top notch room and especially with the rates their charging. The hotel has of course its history and so but the rooms doesn't stand up to the modern traveller. There are only one power outlet in the room and it isn't near the desk so you have to have the computer, phone and tablet charged lying on the floor. The breakfast restaurant is very cozy. If you are a SPG Platinum member and expect some recognition, don't even think that thought.

Room Tip: Go for Eiffel Tower view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Andrew18985,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay with us.

I regret to read that you did not fully enjoy the experience. Our SPG Platinum members are our most valued guests and I apologize for not being able to make you feel recognized.

There are several power outlets in the rooms but sometimes are not clearly indicated, thank you for pointing this issue.

The Westin Paris-Vendôme has as you say its history with more than 130 years of hospitality in the heart of Paris and it has been renovated several times. We are now working on a soft renovation project focusing on the bathrooms.

I definetely hope that you will give us another opportunity in order to make you live a real Westin Experience.

With my best regards,

Andres Lopez-Dafonte
Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Best location, right in the center of Paris and next to metro exit. Walking distance to few tourist attractions.

Rooms are quite new and spacious w modern decor and sunlight. Breakfast offers quite a few choices. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Urorayk
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Location really is everything for this hotel. Perfect place for exploring Paris.

Accommodations and service are 4-star. Do not be fooled by any advertisements that say 4.5 or otherwise; this is what you expect at a 4-star hotel.

Bed was just OK; glad we only had to sleep on it for 2 nights. Room is large by Paris standards and has very high ceilings. Typical small bathroom and tub shower.

Good staff with good English language skills.

Would return, assuming the price is right again. Really hard to beat the location, and don't really spend much time in the hotel room when you are in Paris.

1  Thank Ageveret
Reviewed March 6, 2014

my first trip to paris in 25 years (not on a budget this time). we stayed for 2 nights at the Westin and it was the very best location in the City. You can walk everywhere including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre and Gardens are in your backyard, great shopping and restaurants are within 5 minutes. I heard some of the rooms have an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower but we were there for a busy conference and wedding weekend so the hotel was sold out. Never mind, they gave us a lovely, large room looking into the courtyard. It was very clean, quiet and beautifully decorated. We didn't eat any meals in the hotel, but there is a restaurant and bar on site and the concierge was very helpful recommending local places and called for reservations on our behalf. Every speaks English impeccably so that should be no concern. Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view or a quiet room.
1  Thank JMC1999
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I simple loved this hotel! Located just a few blocks from the Louvre, this hotel places itself in the center of Paris. If the location alone wasn't worth the stay, the service in this hotel is also up to par with what one should expect from a Westin. A knowledgeable and kind staff make this place wonderful as well. The food and drink in the cocktail lounge was absolutely delicious...one would expect to simply eat out all the time (being that your in a culinary playground), but the menu is actually pretty wonderful in a more than "just hotel food" kinda way and I strongly suggest eating there if you are not feeling like trekking around for an afternoon....I have eaten here more than once and love everything that I have eaten. The overall style and look of this hotel and its interior is beautiful as well...It truly emanates the splendor that is Paris. I would most certainly return to this very hotel when next I am visiting....also...and this is worth extra points for me. When the staff comes in during the evening to turn down the room, they organized my personal items on the counter in the restroom with a precision and skill that I have never encountered before...and I thought that "I" had OCD...who ever the chambermaid was on this particular evening dazzled me with their organization wizardry.

Room Tip: Of course it is advisable to get a suite or a south facing room with views of the Eiffel Tower...but...
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Perfect area to walk...very close to Tuileries Garden, Louvre, Musee l'orangerie, restaurants, etc. Quick cab ride or metro to other sites. Staff was friendly and spoke english. Bar was also nice. Beautiful room, and view. Hope to go back someday!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here fir five days. We upgraded to a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower upon checking in, for a minimal increase per night. We were so happy we did. We had a panoramic view of all the main sites in Paris, from the Arc de Triumph on our right, the Eiffel Tower, Grand palace, Muse d'Orsay, Siene River, Louve, Ponte de Arts bridge, all the way to Notre Dame Cathedral. We walked to every site, as we were smack in the middle of everything. The hotel is beautiful. The staff at the Concierge desk really was top notch, and gave us great tips on maximizing our visit. We had breakfast buffet one morning, a lil pricey, but I think all the food was expensive anywhere in Paris. Overall I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend it highly, you can't get a better location than the Westin Vendome.

Room Tip: I would recommend upgrading to a room with a view, for the price increase, it's worth it.
1  Thank GI L