The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #485 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 8, 2014

You can walk to most of what you want to see in Paris and still get in and out of the city with ease from this hotel. You'll pay for the location and the high quality of the service and rooms (which though well furnished, tend to be on the small side), but if you can afford it and you want a first class experience in Paris, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Michael B,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay.

We are happy that you fully enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your very positive comments about the location, the furnishings and the service.

We hope to see you back soon for a new refreshing stay in the City of Light!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,734)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel a couple of times -- mostly because they are Starwood and because of the location, (which we think is absolutely perfect). Honestly, I wasn't really impressed with a lot of things about the hotel and in fact there were a few things I didn't like, (the concierge was not very gracious or helpful, the rooms aren't really up to our standards etc). But I wanted to say that we will probably go back because we want to see Medhi who was so beyond gracious and helpful to us. There was a "snafu" with our booking --- the American Starwood site I booked on said we would have a room with a view of the Eiffel tower, (I chose to pay extra for the premium) but the reservation system in Paris showed no such thing and the "paris" Starwood site showed different levels -- it was quite confusing and honestly a bit stressful but Medhi was so patient and gracious with us and we sorted it all out. He even remembered us from our previous visits and followed up after check-in to see how we were. We appreciate feeling like the staff really care about us and we especially appreciated seeing such a friendly face when so many of the other staff in the hotel were not so open or kind.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Molly F

Dear Molly F,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us.

Thank you also for acknowledging Mehdi from the front desk, he will be happy to read your comments.

I regret on the other hand that you did not find the concierges helpful and the rooms not up to your standards. We strive to deliver the best value for money to every guest, I apologize if you did not have this feeling.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Excellent location - possible to walk to many attractions nearby eg the Louvre. All the facilities you would expect of a first class hotel! The Foyer is beautiful with an open eating area. Seats covered in sheep-skins at this time of year. Staff friendly and welcoming. It was busy with a Conference taking place but this did not impact on our visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room with best views over the Tuileries Garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This is my sixth consecutive year of regular stays at the Westin Paris. The location is exceptional, in the center of all that makes Paris, Paris. If you get a room on the Rue de Rivoli side you will get amazing views of all of the major landmarks of Paris. If you are on the Rue de Castiglione side, you will be able to see the Place Vendome. If you care about views ask for one of these sides of the hotel as the two other sides will not satisfy you. On the fifth floor of the hotel a number of the exterior rooms have balconies so also consider the floor that you are on and ask questions.

Starting from the presumption that you are in the center of what makes Paris the most visited city in the world, let's talk about what makes the Westin Paris an excellent hotel in which to stay. It is service – service – service. Today, the Westin offers wireless in the rooms and free wireless in the lobby areas. If you are Starwood Platinum your wireless service is free. They also offer platinum members a 20% discount on food in Le First, the restaurant, and in the bar. In both locations, the food is excellent and Monday to Friday they offer a set menu for €30 which includes an entrée and a main dish. They have an amazing interior courtyard that is beautiful in the summer, and recently, through the addition of heat lamps, they now offer service in the cooler months. As I have said in earlier reviews, the rooms are not cookie-cutter. This is an historic hotel and the rooms vary significantly in size. If the size of your room matters, discuss it with your reservations agent, as certainly this hotel has a room to accommodate your preferences whether they be high ceilings or exterior rooms with balconies. Yes, there are the small or "cozy" rooms but, again, the hotel in my experience will always do what they can to accommodate your preference. Five years ago, I wrote about the 'Vida'touch". Vida is a member of the housekeeping staff, that in my view encompasses the spirit of client service at the Westin. Whether it's the way that the bed is made, or how the linens are folded, I know when I come into my room that Vida has left her touch. For the business traveler it is as close to "coming home" as I can imagine. If you care about fitness, the gym is small but certainly adequate and if you want to venture outdoors, it's a great place to start a nice run to Notre Dame or to the Eiffel Tower. On the lower level there is a spa, Six Senses, where they have a wide variety of services. Among my favorites are the Thai and the Oriental massage. If you are looking for ideas to spend your spare time in Paris, the staff at the concierge desk has no shortage of ideas. I am clearly a fan of this hotel, however it is based on six years of consistent delivery of excellent client service. At least in my mind, that is a notable track record. Kudos to the management and staff of the Westin Paris, keep up the good work and I promise I'll keep coming back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Agent9
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We just stayed at Westin Paris Vendome for 3 nights using SPG points. Both of us hold Gold status. We arrived around 11:30am and were greeting by Medhi at the front desk. He was friendly and helpful beyond our expectations, having our room ready by noon. Recognizing our Gold status, we were upgraded to the top floor and given free WIFI. He even gave us a voucher for free tea at the bar while we were waiting less than 30 minutes for our room. Great first impression!

The hotel is old and very classic. The location at Place Vendome is ideal, between the Louvre, Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde and a very large upscale shopping/dining district. The M1(yellow) Metro line has 2 stops within a few blocks of the hotel entrance (Tuileries and Concorde).

The hotel has a bar and restaurant. While we find it generally expensive to eat in Paris, eating at the hotel would have been outrageous by our standards (44EUR PP for a full breakfast). We opted to eat elsewhere our entire stay. I have never really understood why visitors to a foreign city would want to eat in their hotel anyway.

This is solidly a four star hotel, not five. My reason for this is the room. Our upgraded room was still very small with a view of a courtyard. The bed was comfortable enough but not the standard 'heavenly bed' we are accustomed to. Little things like having to ask for extra soap or pillows make it slightly less than luxurious for me. Also, the rooms are WAY overheated in the winter. After turning off the thermostat completely and opening the windows, it still took a day and a half for the room to cool down to a comfortable level.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and none of my criticisms were deal breakers. If you can afford it or have lots of SPG points like we did, you won't regret staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: If peace and quiet are important to you, choose a courtyard room over a city view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy S
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great location, old rambling Parisian hotel. Rooms and restaurants more modern French. Arrived early and provided 10am check in. Staff wonderful at desk, laundry and cleaning. Room service prompt. A super place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank judManhattan

Dear JudManhattan,

Thank you for your very positive feedback.

We are happy to know that you fully enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that we were able to check you in early in the morning as the room was already available.

Our goal is that our guests spend memorable stays and I'm delighted that we attained our goal this time.

Looking forward to meeting you in person during a future stay,

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is very classical. It's at a great location right across the gardens and wishing walking distance of Champs Élysées. The rooms are a good size and very clean. The restaurant, bar, and garden are all very nice but limited with dishes. Unfortunately there were no vegetarian options. After passing my complaint the staff (f&b director Marc D'Urso) approached me and promised to cater for my needs. Overall it was a good stay and would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple