“Average rooms, above average service”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #489 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Second time staying at this hotel. The first time was June 2012 for five nights. This time we stayed three nights. We stay here for mainly for the SPG points. The location of Le Meridian is less convenient for us and we're not fond of the W. We like the location of the Westin and this is the only reason we stay here instead of finding a non-SPG hotel. The rooms and bathroom were dated on both our stays. The service is decent but not usually friendly. Stereotypically Parisian. To the point we avoid requesting service from the concierge, unless we really need to.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBL1969
Andres L, Front Of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Slaus69,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments about the location, I regret however that you find the service not usually friendly.

We strive to deliver outstanding experiences to our guests adding to our great location a refined service with a strong human component, I deeply regret that this was not your impression.

Thank you for being a loyal SPG member, you make part of our most valued guests.

In the case you come a third time please ask for me and I will be very glad to meet you.

With my best regards,

Front of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,733)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Luckily we stayed here only for one night . I booked through the Internet, and usually all the hotels in the chain of good quality . But when we came to check-in, they 've been looking for a large room for us , that as an extra bed for my son did not fit .
After they found a room and no extra cost and when we came in we was surprised by very very small room, ready to placed only 2 beds (16 MT2 ) . It was very small and short passage , we could only go to sleep ....

But it does not finish,the room was very very noisy .
we hearing as people walking along the corridor , as spoken in the neighboring rooms as doors slamming .
We are no longer in this hotel will not go

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Julien K, Directeur général at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Igor K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I read your comments carefully and I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the room size and the noise. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered and if you allow me, I would like to personally talk to you. So if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to my personal assistant stephanie.leboulanger@westin.com and tell me how I can contact you, it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

Best Regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel had the perfect local to suit every needs. You are within walking distances of the whole of touristy Paris and just around the corner from a few different metro stations. The rooms were clean and some what new, but were bait on the smaller side which didn't reflect well in the price. All in all we had a good experience and will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nutcha Y

Dear Nutcha,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel and had a good experience with us. We are looking forward to welcome you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly when planning your next trip to Paris.

With my Best regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The Westin Vendôme is in a great location, and offers amenities found in many large properties here in the states. For a Paris hotel, the rooms are spacious. The lobby is huge, and offers free wifi, a lounge to sit and relax, a business center, a bar, and a restaurant.
The best part of the hotel is by far the bar. This place is so relaxing, and offers such great food, with perfect service. Forget about squeezing into one of those over crowded cafes around town, and just have your meals there.
One last tip: though the hotel is a mere block away from Angelina's and their world famous hot chocolate, the hot chocolate served at the Westin's bar is just about as good, and there's never a line to wait for it!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Westin Paris-Vendome. Can only say that this property is PERFECTION all the way....from the check in, Concierge, location, room and all staff we encountered, who were most gracious and wanting our stay to be "perfect" ! A BIG thank you to Stehanie Le Boulanger, at the Westin Paris-Vendome who made our trip extra special by her assistance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear NormaJZ,

Thank you very much for such a great review!

We are happy to learn that you really enjoyed your experience.

We will share your comments with Stéphanie who will be glad to read them.

We all look forward to welcoming you again in the City of Light!

Be well,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I only stayed at this location for a night during a business trip. Our group had some unusual requests (locations, timing, etc) and all the requests were met by the hotel. While I was unable to enjoy many of the amenities that this property offers because of my busy schedule, the few things I did try were top notch. The front desk personnel (namely a lady called Sophie-Marie) were very professional and attentive. If I had to make any suggestions, I would say that the only thing I would improve would be to have a few more healthy dining choices in their room service menu. I would say that the best qualities I found for this hotel was its superb location (very close to the Louvre and Champs-Élysées/Arc of Triumph), as well as amazing beds. Sleeping was a real pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights while on a business trip. The service is quite characteristic of french service standards, straight faced and to the point. It would definitely help if there was a little warmth here a little smile there. But I guess this is just characteristic of the place and not to a particular hotel per se.

The rooms are clean and slightly bigger that typical European hotel rooms. The breakfast is yummy and satisafctory.

The location is 10 min away from the Eiffel Tower and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants near by to dine and party in.

Overall a good stay. Would definitely come back here, just on account of the bigger rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rebelinpree,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

We appreciate your positive comments about the breakfast, the room and the location.

I regret that you did not find the service warm and welcoming. It is very important for us to add this human component to the experience and we strive to deliver the highest level of service with a french touch in a very natural way, I regret that we did not succeed in your particular case.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future, this time for an outstanding stay.

With my best regards,