“Very Nice Stay”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #483 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a nice stay here for 4 nights in July. We are SPG Gold members and were immediately whisked to the SPG desk where we rec'd wonderful service. Our rooms weren't ready so we were given free drinks in the bar, which was a nice gesture. We had requested connecting rooms which we rec'd. In fact it was much nicer than my expectations. One room was a corner room which was absolutely gorgeous. It had 3 floor to ceiling windows which opened onto a balcony which extended the whole length of the room. The other room was more of a standard size with another beautiful window with a balcony. Both rooms were very comfortable. The bathrooms were well appointed and clean. There was some street noise but it didn't bother us too much. We had a few requests during our stay which were promptly met. The ice is brought by room service and we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes. I ordered a cup of coffee every morning which cost 4 euro but I thought was pretty good and worth the 4 euro cost (Of course I would do pretty much anything for coffee in the morning) The staff was very friendly. As SPG Gold members we rec'd free internet which they had charged to our room so I did have to go down and get that taken care of, but the charge was taken off cheerfully with no problem. Overall we had a nice stay and as others have said a great location.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Like the Eagles song, this is the hotel from which you can't check out. Incredibly slow and laborious when you get served, you wait a long time at this understaffed check out. To add insult to injury, a number of staff hovered around the reception, not looking very busy, but steadfastly ignoring the frustrated customers. Unlike the Hotel California, it was also quite tough checking in. For a hotel of this standard, offering such poor reception service is simply not acceptable.

This was my fourth or fifth stay - and the story is the same. Overpriced but quite nicely decorated rooms, great view of the Eiffel Tower if you get the right one; slow service in the bar; super location. But it is the awful check out experience which prompts me to review again: please do something

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank D j R
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My mother and I just returned from a week-long stay at this hotel in early celebration of her 80th birthday. Our room was exactly as requested (and very quiet) and the location of the hotel enabled us to walk to many of the attractions that we wanted to see. We had the bonus of arriving on the day the Tour de France ended and were able to enjoy the excitement by simply walking out the door and turning onto Rue de Rivoli.
We added the breakfast buffet as part of our room package and it certainly met our expectations. The staff was both friendly and helpful. While the Westin is expensive in comparison to other hotels in the area, it was well worth the extra money for my mother to enjoy her birthday trip. Would love to stay there again when visiting Paris.

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found the Westin a 5 star hotel. The rooms are slightly small but everything else was just great but, there is always a but. We stayed there for 4 days and had no problems then we travelled in the north of France before returning to the Westin once again. This time there was a wedding being held downstairs with a VERY loud band. We, like many others had an early departure the next day so we asked reception when will the noise stop? By midnight was the answer, after some protest they offered a bottle of wine, which was rejected. Rang reception again at 1215 am and was told there is nothing they can do and it will continue till 01:30. The band went quiet at 01:40am. There were several complaints and the management did not care about their guests only making money from a mob of noisy drunks. I will never stay there again. The Scribe is a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Forget it. Most of the rooms face the central court and that where the noise comes from. I would pre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Since arriving at this hotel, it has been a nightmare. this hotel is very expensive. Go to the Intercontinental Forum. I lost count as to the nu bet of irate guests complaining that the air conditioning is not working. YeP, ours was broken, they replaced the fuse and now it works. Now, the air conditioning works, but I can blow harder out of my mouth and get better results. They gave me a fan for my room....lol. paris is very HOT right now so u would at least expect to use in room air-conditioning.

Bathroom is terrible. The bathroom door, molding and sink cabinet have so much paint on them, that it looks like a 100 year old house where everything is painted over and over again.

Westin should dump this property because it is not up to their standards.

I must say the staff is mostly nice. One girl at the front desk needs a real attitude adjustment, but other than that, good staff. Just go stay at the Forum IC or other luxury hotels close to the Louve.

We just came here from the Excelsior in Rome, and there is no comparison. The beds stink here. No heavenly beds.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to get a better room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GLOBAL69
Julien K, Directeur général at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear GLOBAL69,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered with the air conditioning and the bathroom during your stay. Please allow me to follow up on this important issue. To do so, I would like to talk to you personally, so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to the following address reservation.01729@westin.com and tell me how I can contact you; it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

With my Best Regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed as a family of 4 in two adjoining rooms. As mentioned location was good but all else quite frankly was a disappointment. We did not have a breakfast plan and so were charged 5 euros for a 4 oz cup of terrible drip lukewarm coffee in am . Breakfast for 4 was over 100$ us. Really??? Waiters in reasturant were rude and undeserving of any sort of gratuity that arrives on bill automatically . The feeling is that they could care less.
Rooms dark and small. Toiletries pedestrian at best. Concierge was hit or miss to be honest.
What a different experience in London at the milestone hotel. There is a reason it is trip advisors number one pick there.
Thankfully we only lost miles we used for this experience. I cannot imagine who would spend the kind of money they ask for in this two star hotel in any large US city.
Overall, big disappointment . Expected much more

Room Tip: Choose different hotel
3  Thank Jeff G
Julien K, Directeur général at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

I am deeply sorry to read that you were disappointed by our level of service and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered at breakfast and with our concierge. I have taken note as well of your comment on the rooms design.

I would like to let you know that I would appreciate to personally get in touch with you to further discuss your experience. Please provide us your contact details at the following email address: reservation.01729@westin.com

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here in April 2012 and was not happy about the hotel, service and the rooms.
BUT the bar and the food was GREAT.
I stayed elsewhere this time but went back to the bar here 3 times. The service was excellent by the guys in the bar and the food was over the top. The BEST onion soup in the city!
I will go back again and again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cchriscap
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Cchriscap,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I regret to read that you did not enjoy your experience when you stayed at the hotel, and I'm sorry not to have more information about what was wrong.
In the other hand I'm happy to know that you enjoy our bar and our onion soup, they will be happy to read this comments.

Please do not hesitate to ask for me during your next visit to the bar, I will be glad to learn what happened during your stay and find ways to recover your confidence.

Be well,