The Westin Paris - Vendome
$274
$227
  • Breakfast included
3,871 results
All reviewsheavenly bedspg pointseiffel towertuileries gardensplace de la concordejunior suiteconcierge deskbeautiful hotelan upgradeperfect locationhousekeeping staffinner courtyardlouvre museumchamps elyseessmall balconymacaroonsfew blocks
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was really busy while we were there however this is no excuse for the poor service from reception. Wait times to see someone at reception or even check out (we couldn't use express checkout as we'd moved things from the mini bar which were automatically charged to the room) w unacceptable for a five star hotel. Eventually they did resolve our problems such as 6pm check in time when we'd arrived at 8am after a long flight from Australia with two small children however on every occasion they only offered free waiting room/meal etc after a lot of complaining on our part. There was nothing smooth about the service here. Rooms were nice and of a good size for Paris, breakfast was excellent and the quality of food in the hotel very good as well but I won't return based on the poor level of customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Ribby21,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm very sorry that you faced such low level of service, please be assured that this situation is extremely unusual.

I would like to discuss further your experience so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to the following address reservation.01729@westin.com and tell me how I can contact you; it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service.

Warm regards,

Andres Lopez-Dafonte
Front of House Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday with my best friend. Service was superb and location was perfect for all the typical attractions. Spa and staff worth its weight in gold! Great ambiance and selection of treatments, staff very knowledgeable and personable, relaxing without being stuffy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy E
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Amy E,

thank you for sharing online about your recent birthday stay with us!

I am delighted to learn you had a great time and enjoyed the service from our teams as well as our perfect central location.
Thank you also for the nice comments about our spa, which I will share with their teams.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The public areas of this hotel are really quite good but the standard rooms are equally average. Over-all at a price of 790 Euros per night for a standard room (on the back of the door in case you forget) the value is questionable. The rooms are quite small and all of our group seemed to experience leaking showers

Where this hotel comes into its own is it location - at the start of the Champs Eleesey, near the Lourve and many good Cafes surrounding it. This and its public areas and staff are the saving grace

The staff are excellent - particularly the Concierge group.

Room Tip: Internet in lobby is advertised as free and it is BUT it is extremely slow and drops out regularly
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Newcastlensw,

thank you for posting online about your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to learn you were disappointed by your allocated room, as well as inconveniences encountered with the shower in your bathroom. I would like to apologize for that and reassure you this was exceptional. We do have an ongoing maintenance program for all our rooms, and regret you did not see any evidence when at the hotel.

On a more positive note, thank you for the nice comments on our Concierges, as well as about our central location.

Dear Newcastlensw, I sincerely trust you will give us another try, in order for us to make you live a memorable experience next time!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Hubby travels a lot for work, so when a party in Paris came up, he had me use Westin fidelity points to book a fancier hotel than what we would normally use when paying for it ourselves. I did upgrade for an Eiffel Tower view. That said, the room was sort of crowded and ordinary. Mysterious stains on the chair (see photo). Nowhere near desk or bed to plug in phones/chargers.

Bed was comfy. Towels/Pillows/Toilet paper was plentiful. Shampoos, etc a bit stingy for two guests.

Daria at the front desk was DELIGHTFUL! Very professional and helpful.

Breakfast extremely over priced. We, and many other guests, opted to go out to a nearby cafe.

Location IS excellent.

I would not stay there again if I were paying full price. There are plenty of charming boutique hotels in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Westin Vendome is perfectly located between Louvre & Place de la Concorde on Rue de Rivoli. The concierge were very helpful and secured great dinners at Guy Savoy/Jules Verne. Angelina Tearoom is around the corner and great breakfast place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple