“What's Not to Love?”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #490 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked 5 nights at the Wesin Paris Vendome in the middle of April. After spending the night at CDG, we arrived early (11am). We used our Starwood points and received the 5th night free which is quite a deal. We had used points to upgrade to a Junior Suite. I have to say I was a little concerned after reading mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. The young lady at Starwood checkin desk could not have been nicer. I had asked for a specific room that I had read about on tripadvisor, but that room and all the Eiffel Tower rooms had already been booked. She started typing on her computer and she told us that she had a special room for us. When we got to the room we found that we had been booked into part of the presidential suite. Staying in this beautiful room for our 5 days in Paris made our trip so special!
We only ate once at the hotel- the center courtyard had just opened and we wanted to order the vegetarian pizza for a late afternoon snack. I asked for a specific vegetable and I was told that the pizzas are frozen and no changes can be made. We passed- we were quite surprised that a hotel of this caliber would serve frozen food. There are several cafes nearby to you can eat. Many key sites are walking distance from the Westin and the underground is nearby.
My husband and I are pretty low maintenance, but what interaction we had with the staff was always positive.
The one possible con was that the hotel hosts large meetings - it did not affect our enjoyment of the hotel, but is that is a bother to you, you might want to reconsider. We would definitely look forward to staying at the Westin Paris Vendome when we return to Paris

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,734)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My family had a wonderful stay at the Westin Paris Vendome. We originally had a snag with our reservation, but Carolyn, at the front desk was able to work everything out. We requested the rooms with a view and asked to have them connecting and were pleased to find that they were. We chose the rate that included breakfast, which we found to be outstanding. The rooms were lovely, clean and we loved the view. The hotel is located on the corner of the Rue de Rivoli, which is very busy. If noise bothers you ask for an interior room or bring ear plugs. The location cannot be beaten for a stay in Paris. We only had 3 areas where we thought improvements can be made. First, I agree with a prior review that the concierge staff was gruff. This seemed strange to me as most concierge staff go out of their way to help. I did not find that here. Secondly, please consider rolling the wi-fi charge into the room fee. Paying extra for in room wi-fi is maddening and having to use a code that changes every time you use it in the lobby was frustrating. Lastly, I'd review the wine list in the restaurant. Strange to have so few selections in France. Overall, we were very happy and will gladly return.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are spectacular but on the noisy side of the hotel. We brought ear plugs and slep...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Maineiaq,

Thank you very much for your very constructive review.

Our guests' feedback help us to improve our services on a daily basis.

Thank you for your compliments about caroline, the location and your room.

I apologize for the concierge service that you did not feel outstanding as it should be.
Regarding the in-room wifi connection, we just launched an option of one complimentary hour low-debit connection per room per day that is really appreciated by our guests.
Thank you for your remark about the wine list, our Food & Beverage Director is looking into this matter.

We hope we will be your hotel while in Paris in the future and that your experience will be even better next time.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and I loved it.
Room are quite spacious comparing to other hotels in Paris , bed is super comfortable , i ordered breakfast , Dinner and food is amazing.
Bathroom is all marble with nice toiletries.
Staff are nice and helpful and I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Paris

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Rayoflightcanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.

We appreaciate your very positive feedback, I'm happy that you enjoyed the service, the food and your room.

We look forward to your next visit, it will be a pleasure for all of us to make The Westin Paris-Vendôme your home away from home while in Paris.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed in the Westin Paris in May 2013 for three nights, unfortunately, all three sleepless. Rooms were not sound proof at all (and may be one of the worst we've came across). Not only can we hear guests shouting/drunk screaming in the corridor 3am in the morning, but every word of the conversations next door ... In our rooms, we could even hear bands playing late at night, and neither did some company's week long event at the hotel helped. We have approached the reception, and the lady immediately understood what the problem was. She was very apologetic and very much wanted to help out. Unfortunately, she was stopped by her supervisor, claiming that nothing can be done as a room change can only happen in the morning! This is very disappointing as the hotel must have understood that they are at fault, and should contemplate relaxing their 'rules' in circumstances like these?

Room Tip: If location is what you are looking for, ask for quieter rooms, or those facing the garden.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Julien K, Directeur général at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Toff21,

Thank you for your review following your stay in May at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused by the noise during your stay. I am very concerned by your comment on the lack of service that you received at the front desk when mentioning your issue as our philosophy is always to try, when possible, to go the extra miles and make sure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable experience. Please note that I will share your comments with the front office service in order to make sure that this situation does not occur again in our property.

Dear Toff21, I would appreciate to personally get in touch with you to further discuss your experience. Could you please provide us your contact details at the following email address: reservation.01729@westin.com

With my Best regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip to Paris... Obviously being the Westin it is very popular with Americans and consequently feels like every other westin everywhere which is of course why people book it. Pleasant staff and an excellent breakfast. Cozy bar and a brilliant courtyard for tea, drinks etc. Room was large and typically westin, and its a killer location. So a good stay and a nice hotel for business. If I was going to Paris with the wife I think I would be more inclined to stay at the Bristol or the George V etc as although they are a little more expensive they have that Paris WOW factor which I'm not sure the Westin achieves. For business though, I will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Dogontour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments about the staff, breakfast, bar, room and location.

I note your comments about your preferred hotels in Paris, we respect all our competitors and we just focus on delivering outstanding experiences to all our guests making them live a parisian dream in a Westin way.

We will be happy to welcome you back for both business or leisure in the near future,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Perfectly situated, near les jardins de tuileries. Excellent service and very friendly staff.
An ideal starting place to (re)discover the city of light. If you're looking for perfect, you'll come close here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peterfoubert,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us.

It's always a pleasure to read rave reviews like yours! Thank you for your compliments about the service, staff and location.

We will be happy to welcome you back to the City of Light soon,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is in a great(expensive) location in 2nd arr. rooms were a little tired we may have been on a floor set for renovation, staff to a tee was very helpful, however hard to get a cup of coffee before 7am.

Room Tip: if offered a jr suite for a small up charge grab it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andres L, Front of House Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear CowboyCraig,

Thank you for your feedback!

I regret to read that you found your room tired and that you had difficulties to get a cup of coffee before 7AM, our room service is available 24h so we will look into this matter.

Thank you for your compliments about the staff and the location.

We hope to see you back very soon!