Tripadvisor
Paris
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great restaurant, nice French food. ”
Review of Chez Monsieur

Chez Monsieur
Ranked #804 of 20,944 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great restaurant! My friend and I dined for dinner and were very impressed. They began by serving us a bowl of bread with radishes and cured sausage (all complementary). We then ordered their signature veal stew, which tasted incredible and was very filling. The waitress brought the pot to our table and served our first plate herself. The food was reasonably priced and worth the spend, with it being the best meal we had in Paris. I highly recommend. I recommend you make a reservation as the restaurant was full, with many walk-ins being turned away.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank anthony_bejj
Write a reviewReviews (425)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We had lunch here on a quiet, rainy Sunday. It was a perfect choice. This restaurant has all the French brasserie classics: from the décor to the cuisine, the ambiance was warm and the service friendly & professional. They have a slicing machine in the dining room that is a work of art and I could not imagine that a simple plate of thinly sliced ham with nothing else could be so tasty. My wife’s salmon & my Blanquete de veau were outstanding. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

This is a great bistro. Right near the Madeline. It’s a pretty restaurant with attentive service and really good bistro food. As you see from other reviews, the Blanquete de veau is their thing and it’s SOOO yummy! As were the escargot, the eggs in a burgundy sauce and their desserts too! The cheesecake with Carmel sauce is spectacular. Their wine list is reasonably priced too. We will come again for sure.

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank Parisfan2000
Reviewed December 2, 2019

This day I dined alone for lunch, which is rather fun once in a while. Today it was fun! And by my photos of lunch, I am sure you can tell why. I ate and drank like a king, life was good.

My hotel made a last minute reservation for me, and when I walked in they sat me immediately. I ordered a drink that my server recommended, since they don't have Aperol. Hit the spot, so I had two! I asked how the escargot were, she said excellent. Done ordered. I love Dover Sole, so it was a no brainer on that order. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint! SO delicious! I asked for a dessert that had a lot of chocolate, the server steered me toward the profiteroles. I follow her advice, and boom! Another win, as the profiteroles are covered in chocolate for days! It was their only real chocolate dessert to choose from, which made me sad, but I still loved them. I topped my meal off with a double espresso, and headed back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendom for a NAP! One of my favorite lunches of my 4 week trip I confess!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 25, 2019

This was a local gem. Close to multiple hotels and very comfortable. Atmosphere is local with amazing food. Many locals appeared to eat here. Service was great. The local veal stew was delicious yet very filling - could not finish the entire pot. My wife's duck was also delicious. Crepe Sussette was the bomb. Coffee to finish completed a great meal

Date of visit: September 2019