“Very happy with our stay”

Hotel de la cite Rougemont
Ranked #487 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel lobby might fool you when you arrive at the hotel, but the rooms are newly renovated, modern, clean and comfortable. This is good value for your money. It is close to several places to eat and two metro stations so it allows for easy access when you want to explore sites and attractions through-out Paris.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights at this hotel spent with my daughter exploring Paris. We were lucky enough to have a balcony room which gave us a lovely place to sit out in the heatwave. The hotel is in a quiet gated road and we were able to walk straight there from the Gare duNord, and indeed we walked to most of the tourist places as they were mostly within a half hour walk. We even walked back from the Eiffel Tower after the fireworks on Bastille day (90 mins) as there were no trains. The location is peaceful and French, and we felt safe walking back late at night. The room was well decorated and laid out, the shower was good and the bed comfy. The breakfast was I imagine, the same continental breakfast that you would get in any French hotel, and was perfectly adequate. The staff were were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank DIANE B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 boys (7 & 10), and we booked the hotel Rougemont for three nights after landing at CDG. I booked the quad room, and actually booked for one night earlier than our arrival in order to ensure we had a room to crash in after our overnight flight from Montreal. The hotel is easy to find and close to the Gare du Nord, handy for arriving from CDG on the RER, as well as leaving for London on the Eurostar. The hotel is very typical of many small hotels in Paris, the rooms are small, but neat and tidy, with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are small but again, neat and functional, but if you've come to Paris to stay in your room, you need counselling. We were in room #62 on the top floor, great breeze through the 2 big windows, and the stairs provide a good workout. The elevator functions perfectly, but like most in Europe, is pretty tiny. Staff is very helpful, and they offered us a breakfast - even after arriving a good 30 minutes later than the posted breakfast time, on the day of our arrival - unprompted. Location is excellent, a few hundred feet from a main thoroughfare and a Metro stop. It is also in a neighbourhood rich in restaurants, bars, pubs, and grocery stores, and a 10 minute walk from a brilliant closed-off street, teeming with cafes, boulangeries, charcuteries and restos.
We're from Montreal, so we have the best of both worlds - we speak French and enjoy the excellent food, but we also have a great appreciation for large American-style, chain-type hotels. Hotel de la Rougement definitely does not fall into the latter category, but it is charming, well located, priced right, and is absolutely on my list of go-to spots in Paris.

3  Thank JEDWARDRAZA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband & I stayed here during the beginning of July for 4 days. It was our first visit to Paris, and I was so happy with it. I was having trouble finding a hotel within our budget that had a great location and good ratings, then I found this lovely hotel. It's pretty much in the middle of everything and has a couple different Metro stops near by. The hotel is off a small, quiet street with cafes and restaurants near. The staff was so friendly and were always willing to help when we had a question. They even looked up information for us on their computer. They also spoke English very well.

Our room and bathroom were small and simple, very average for Europe. However, it was very clean, which was really important for me. We weren't planning on spending a lot of time in our hotel, so a simple room was fine for us. The bed was decent and we had a small TV in the room. There was also a little closet space and safe in the room. No air conditioning, but there is a fan in the room and it is quiet enough at night to leave the windows open if you need to. We had no problem with it being too warm. We had a nice balcony on the top floor. My only complaint would be the windows are very thin and one night our neighbors were talking out on their balcony, and while I was trying to sleep, I could hear their whole conversation like they were in the room with me. However, that was just that one night. The street is quiet and has no real noise during the night (my neighbors were just being noisy). I guess that is the same though with any hotel, if you have people being really loud outside.

When I booked the hotel, it automatically included breakfast, so we didn't have to pay extra for it. It was very simple: croissants, baguettes, butter & jam, cereal, orange juice, tea, and coffee. I don't know what they normally charge for breakfast, but they have a lot of cute cafes in the area where you could also get breakfast.

If you are looking for a simple, clean, and quiet hotel in a good location, I definitely recommend this place. For the price, it is pretty great. Not a luxury hotel, but it has all the necessities and a nice location and staff.
I will stay here again when I return to Paris.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aquacrystl
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in a triple room on the ground floor at this hotel and the room was about three times larger than what I was anticipating. We arrived early and left late and both times, the receptionist was super helpful in putting our things in a storage area. The price for this hotel is also great, given its location. The major downside was that the room we were in was on the ground floor and facing the street so we could hear absolutely everything going on outside, including the very loud bar goers at 4am. We had to choose between having air flow in the room as it was a very hot night in Paris or listening to the revelers.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one week the end of May 2013. Both my travelling companion as well as myself booked single rooms and were upgraded to doubles on the 3rd floor - both facing the courtyard.
We arrived early in the morning to Paris and the hotel was able to accomodate us for early arrival at noon.
Some of the reviews mentioned the small, slow elevator and we were pleasantly surprised by it. Two people with luggage fit in just fine - no standing on suitcases, etc. It wisked us up to the third floor in no time at all, so please don't feel the elevator is an issue with the hotel.
My room was directly opposite the elevator. Even in the evening with the comings and goings of other travellers, the hall noise was minimal. It was quiet in the evening.
The bathroom was spacious, with toilet, sink and shower. The rooms were clean.
Within a two minute walk were metro stops and I must say, Paris has a wonderful metro. We popped all over the city within a 15 minute metro ride any direction. We headed out to Versailles one day and it was easy to negotiate. Within 5 minutes there are plenty of restaurants and your choice to eat. We didn't have the daily breakfast as we chose to venture out on our own to explore the cities offerings. It was a great hotel, affordable and placed well within the city - would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from 6 night stay with my husband at this hotel. Good location, close to restaurants and metro. Have a printout of the exact location with you to find it for the first time. Pleasant staff, multi-lingual. Best part was the quietness, tomb like. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013