“Good for the economy traveller”
Review of Amiot Hotel

Amiot Hotel
Ranked #1,613 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Disclaimer: My review of Hotel Amiot is based on an experience I had there in June 2012. I cannot take responsibility for any changes in tariffs or services that the hotel might have changed since then.

First of all I chose this hotel due to its relative closeness to the North Station, which had the Eurostar hub which connects Paris to London (my next stop after Paris) and Brussels. You can also use the metro from the airport (Charles de Gaulle) via the public transport system, which includes a metro line. Upon my arrival I realised that this hotel is right at the metro for the East Station (Gare l' est), which is very convenient if you are going to rely on the metro (underground) of Paris. I used my ticket included in the four day Paris pass which is available on the internet - the only problem might be finding the restaurant (Hard Rock cafe) where you pick up your pass and free 4 day ticket to the metro (it's free, but you actually paid for it when you paid for the Paris pass- but it is much cheaper than buying individual tickets). Since I arrived at 12:00 and you are only allowed to book in at/after 15:00, I used the time to search for the restaurant to pick up my paris pass. They have storage space for luggage if you want to keep it there early. Upon my arrival at hotel Amiot, the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a lift for people who do not like the stairs, which I found were not very clean. This is a typical old hotel in Paris, that was refurbished, so don't be expect built in cupboards 70 inch television or even a bath in your room. But when you go to Paris, usually you just want a roof over your head and a nice bed, so don't expect anything luxurious here. I think this is a two-star hotel but they serve breakfast which was included in my booked price (booking.com). I cannot guarantee that you will get the same deal, but breakfast was sufficient and it was included in my booking price. Though a continental breakfast, you can go for seconds or have some fruits if the croissant, coffee or hot chocolate and cereal is not enough for you. The last two of four days I stayed there they only had plain yogurt. So go early or add jam to your yogurt. Once again the staff was friendly and if you can say "merci" once in a while they will be appreciative.

There was a lot of noise in the mornings, which I assume was because they renovated a room nearby mine. You might get luckier with your room. The room was a bit warm with no air conditioning, so if this is important to you, ask before you book or avoid this hotel. Paris can get hot and humid in the summer.

If you consider this hotel for wi-fi connectivity, don't expect it to work in your room on upper levels. My room was on level 4. It did, however, work in the reception area.

So, if you are looking for a hotel that is not too expensive, pick this one for its location, not its shortage in luxuries. But also bear in mind the type of holiday you want to go on, are you going to spend all your time in the room, or are you going to get out and see the many sights of Paris? If air conditioning is important to you, consider other hotels in high summer. In winter I think it will be ok, since there seems to be central a heating facility which will probably be controlled via a central point in the building. Since I went in summer, I cannot say, you can contact the hotel via their email for that information.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank MISTERMORNE

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located, as it is right next to the Gare de l'est train station. The trade off is that it may get kind of noisy since it is right next to the street. You might find it kind of small at first, but it's not terrible. We stayed during the summer, so air conditioning was a problem. They do not have air conditioning in each individual rooms. Also, the windows in our room did not have screens. However, it was a very rustic stay and convenient. All in all, there weren't many big problems. It was a lovely stay. (:

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Amy Z
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a month ago and loved the place. The stairs to the station were literally ten paces from the front door so ability to get around the city from the hotel was great- something that worried us a bit when we first booked. Catch the underground from GardeDeNorde to here if you are feeling a bit lazy if coming across from UK but its an easy walk. The WiFi is free though a bit slow.
Qurky bit- the floor in our room (42) had a lean on it that enables a ball to hit 20k's an hour traveling across it! I have told so many friends about it who want to stay there just for that- get in early it may be booked out a lot soon. We would stay at Amiot again without a worry. The front desk is manned 24/7 by friendly staff, doors lock, safes in room, carpets clean, rooms clean- what more do you need. BTW- dine in the restaurant to the left- it's like Fawlty Towers. Hilarious.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ntjack01
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in March 2012. The room was just average and the service was ok but not really helpfull. Beds were covered with awefull plastic sheets and they were hot. We stayed in 3 person room and 1 bed was just horrible. We had a great balcony though and the breakfast was good. But the location was great and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank paippi
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Just returned from a couple of days in this hotel. So central to everything - great location, right outside the Gare de L'Est metro and across the road from the mainline. About 5 mins walk from Gare Du Nord. Great views out onto a busy Paris street but very quiet all the same. Walkable to many sights. Clean room, helpful staff. Surrounded by little bars/cafes. Great value. The lift was out of order when we stayed there, but staff friendly offering help with cases etc - but it was no bother

Room Tip: I would always choose a room overlooking the street - fascinating to look out onto but quiet once th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ummy
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a small, quite old hotel, just a few steps, from Gare de Lest.. The hotel rooms are old, but clean, and there is was you need. The rooms can, when it is hot outside, get very warm, espacially, if you have the back rooms. Breakfast is standard with, juice, bread, croissant,marmelade and coffee or the.But everything is fresh and the staff is quite nice.
Not far away, there is a great area, with shops and restaurants...you can walk to Sacre Coeur and many other great places in Paris....Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christianodense
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel had an amazing location. Got off the train and found the hotel instantly. There were restaurants all around. We had a small room with teo twin beds literally side by side with a small bathroom a foot from our beds. We had no problem with this hotel. We were there for three days and two nights. Got right in and they stored our bags when we checked out. For this price and our purpose it was perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012