“Utterly wonderful!”

Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Utterly wonderful!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We booked through La Fourchette and were so glad we had as many were politely turned away as they resturant was fully booked that evening. The setting is wonderful - it overlooks the Jardin de Luxembourg and inside the interior is tastefully decked out. We were welcomed warmly and given a choice of table. Our meal was simply delicous. The highlight for my husband was the linguine with frois gras which he described as the most delicious meal he has ever tasted. Three wonderful courses, apperatif and wine at a reasonable price. Only negative would be that the mashed potato portion was on the generous side and judging by the plates returning to the kitchen - it looked like our fellow diners agreed. But apart from that I cannot praise this place highly enough!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This little restaurant with outside tables as well as in the main room is a very good option near the Jardin de Luxembourg. Staff are very pleasant and helpful and the view towards the garden is lovely. Food at lunchtime was modern and light with a twist on traditional French staples. Wine list lack a wide choice but there is enough unless you come often. Could do with a few 'wines of the week'. Closed Monday but open for Sunday lunch. Will return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good but not great”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews maybe my expectations were a bit too high but I thought while the food was alright it was not what I've come to expect in Paris. The starter salad of green beans was very nice and crisp, maybe a bit overdressed for my taste but all in all very nice. I ordered the entrecôte (saignant). It was seasoned nicely but quite overcooked, definitely not rare. I felt quite bad as the waitress, who was very attentive and kind, seemed concerned that I wasn't enjoying it when in fact I had already finished and was just left with quite a fair amount of gristle and fat... (the cut wasn't premium) Dessert, the tarte tatin, tasted very delicious though the pastry didn't appear to be fully cooked. The scallops and pasta dishes were lovely and they have a nice selection of specials as well. The egg and morel appetizer was phenomenal.

The staff was really lovely, the ambiance great, and the view is very nice. The food just didn't quite live up to my expectations (particularly after having such an amazing dinner at Allard in St. Germain the night prior) I did get the impression that this disappointment was a bit of a fluke though so I will definitely be returning at a later date to give it another go.

Paris, France
“Business diner”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked and asked for a table in a corner for a party of 4 ,which I got. It across Luxembourg gardens , has tables outside so must be really nice in summer time. Service was efficient and friendly. Room is small but nice, typical french bistrot. For once toilets were really nice, well decorated and clean ! also has a small "private" dining room downstairs. We started with foie gras cuit au four, very tasty , quite different from standard foie gras; Nice portions with excellent bread. One took snails also good. I took the scallops with endives, again good size and excellent; my guests took beaf and duck , they loved it ,well cocked , still pinck and soft .We had an excellent saint Julien with it. For dessert I ordered a millefeuille as they had no more tatin : it was huge ! good but a bit too creamy for my taste ; and then , the manager came with a slice of tatin , there has been a misunderstnading in the kitchen and he offered it : it was outstanding !!!
it is not cheap but worth it. I will definitely come back, also with family or with friends.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,107 helpful votes
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday night, it was our last day in Paris so after reading the positive reviews on TripAdvisor we thought it'd be a safe bet. As most restaurants in Paris it's "cosy" inside. The staff are wonderful, always smiling and ready to help. For starters I had the eggs in a rich sauce and my partner had a fish dish. We both enjoyed the dishes. For mains I had the beef tartare which was MASSIVE! it was just ok. My partner had the special fish of the night which he absolutely loved. We did stick around for pudding, I had the "floating islands" and the other half had a chocolate cake. Both desserts were just ok. We did have a 20% discount so saved a little bit. Overall the food was just ok. It was the service I remember more than anything, extremely friendly. I was hoping for this to be a little French restaurant but it had food from other countries too... A bit confused menu. I think there are better restaurants in Paris.