“Perfect little hotel”
Review of Les Plumes Hotel

Les Plumes Hotel
Ranked #184 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Being obsessed with trip advisor and doing allot of research before making any decision. I narrowed it down to a couple of hotels in Paris that were reasonably priced, good location and of course positive feedback.

Les plumes is in a pretty central location and is a 2min walk from cadet metro station, this will connect up with pretty much anywhere you want to go in Paris.

The hotel itself is very clean and a lovely modern boutique feel to it, all the décor fits in very well.

Never had much dealings with the staff as you were left to your own accord and we spent little time in the hotel itself other than sleeping, but they always seemed friendly and sorted out a taxi transport to and from the airport ( a bit expensive but depends on your budget and your depart and arrival times) 75 euro from airport to the hotel and 60 euro from hotel to the airport.

Never ate in the hotel because there is so much other options near by but again it depends on your needs, to my recollection it was 15 euro for a selection of pastries and cheeses.

The room itself was quite small but very cosy and I think this is the norm for Paris. The room could maybe benefit from more storage place as you would struggle to get more than two jackets in the small corner wardrobe. One small problem but it might be a personal preference the pillows supplied are very high and almost impossible to sleep with your head angled at an incline, so we found ourself's just sleeping with our heads on the mattress. The bathrooms were very modern and clean which is the best bonus. I have read everyone mentioning the shower in previous reviews and yes the shower is fantastic with a huge shower head.

Over the hotel is a fantastic little boutique hotel in the centre of Paris for good value compared to other 4* hotels in Paris, I just hope with all these good reviews they don't put the price up and get greedy.

Have a nice stay

3  Thank Kier C
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Madam, Sir,

It's a pleasure for us to hear some nice comments like yours. We will do our best to continue to improve our Hotel and services.

We hope to see next time and don't forget to visit the official website to benefit the best value.

There are newer reviews for Les Plumes Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I do not write many reviews when I travel, but my family and I had such a pleasant experience that I had to say a few words.

As many reviews have indicated, Les Plumes is located in perfect location for those who want to see the typical tourist sites of Paris, yet feel like you are in a true locals neighborhood. The hotel is tucked away on a quiet side street, but is an easy walk to Sacre-Coeur and L'Opera. My wife and I took our parents on this trip and, once they were tired of walking, the hotel could get us a taxi quickly. It is also very close to the Cadet Metro stop and, for those craving fast food, a McDonald's is located at the Metro.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. Geraldine, Sarinnat (sp?), Yasmina, and everyone else were extremely courteous and always willing to assist us with whatever we needed. They called for cabs, provided restaurant options, and were always pleasant. They seem to enjoy their jobs and it shows. When I wanted to send postcards home, Sarinnat even offered to mail them for me on her day off as the post office had already closed for the day. I have never stayed in a hotel with such exceptional service.

The hotel itself is very nice, with very modern, eclectic rooms with a catchy theme. The bathrooms were nice, with a rainshower and detachable shower head. Our room looked over a courtyard, so we were able to open the windows for fresh air. Some reviewers have commented about the small size of the lobby, but I didn't intend to go to Paris to sit in the lobby. The lobby is efficient and provided everything I needed (coffee, snacks, an "honesty" bar, and tables). I suppose it could get crowded during a breakfast rush.

Near the hotel were some excellent restaurants and shops, including a delicious bakery down the block.

Overall, I could not have been happier with Les Plumes and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam, Sir,

What can I said about your wonderful comment that affects all of us in the team. I think this is the best comment of the wall !!!

With a message such as yours, we can only start the year in the best condition.

Thank you so much and we wish you a beautiful 2014 to you and all your loved ones.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I booked this lovely boutique hotel to stay over the Christmas period as a surprise for my wife. I read the reviews first on this hotel, and I can say, we were not disappointed!.

From the offset, all the staff were exceptional, very helpful and very friendly. It is not an easy time to work at Christmas in a hotel, but everyone was smiling and had all the time you needed for assistance, at any time of the day or night..

In particular, a very special mention must go to Yasmina. From the very first communication on email, Yasmina made sure that everything was arranged as required for our stay. She helped to organise a special birthday surprise breakfast for my wife on Christmas day, and at all times, she was exceptional with her professional manner and level of attention to detail. I hope that the owners realise that they have a star in the making and keep hold of staff like her.

Our room was delightful, very very clean, comfortable and spotless.. The shower with its funky lighting was a nice touch, and at night it was exceptionally quiet in the room. Breakfast was lovely, and the location was absolutely perfect being only a minutes walk to Cadet metro.

If you are looking for a romantic long weekend or mid week break for 2,3 or 4 nights - then this is the perfect hotel for you.

We hope to be back !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at the Plumes Hotel and to make a nice surprise for your wife birthday. Thank you for the special mention about Yasmina and all the staff.

We hope to see you next year, maybe this time for your personal birhtday ;)

All the team wish you a Happy New Year !!!

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed at Les plumes hotel for 4 nights during December 2013.
We booked the hotel via the internet.
Everything was perfect!
The staff of the hotel was very kind and helpful.
The hotel is very clean and the room was big and had a nice balcony.
The location of the hotel was excellent - 15min walk to every imoprtant site in Paris
We had a wonderful stay!!!
Maya & Roy Peleg

1  Thank Roy P
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I have seen today this one, the 25/12, it sounds like a Merry Christmas !!! :)

Kind Regards and a Merry Christmas,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel has a good location, very convenient for the metro system
and close enough to walk to from Gare du nord although be aware that
around the train station it's not the "nicest" of areas so I would
avoid it during the night!

Anyway, back to the hotel. It's small & quirky. The staff on reception
were very polite and always said hello and wished us a good day. They
were also very chatty to our 3.5 year old son which was nice.

Our room was of a good size! Yes, we've stopped in bigger but we've
also stopped in much smaller. For Paris, the room size was good and
they way they had made the most of the space was clever.

All the furnishing were new and clean! The shower was great! My son
found the colour changing lights amazing!

The bed was comfortable, my son co-sleeps with us so were used to
sharing our bed with him. If you have children and don't want to share
your bed then I'm not sure you would comfortably fit a child's bed in
the room as well, not with luggage etc.

The cleaning staff did a great job and the room was always spotlessly
cleaned every day however, I was late going out the one day (my
husband was working) and the cleaner knocked on my door to say she
won't be cleaning my room as it's late. I was literally just going out
the room and when we returned she had cleaned which was a nice
surprise.

Now our problems, the wifi, it was extremely slow!! This is an issue
for us as we need reliable Internet which is a decent speed for work
purposes and we were unable to use Skype as it was just too slow.

Another smaller problem we had was an issue with our fridge. We guess
that a previous guest had put something extremely smelly in there like
cheese as the smell was like something had died in there! We asked
them twice to clean it and they did but it still smelt. They couldn't
replace it as they didn't have any spare which was a shame.

The soaps & shower gel are lovely however they don't provide shampoo
so be prepared to take your own, failing that, there's a little
supermarket around the corner where you can grab supplies if you need
to. We travel very light. (This trip we took Just one backpack for all
3 of us for the 4 days) I like to choose hotels that I hope will save
us having to carry lots of stuff like shampoo so I find it frustrating
when they don't provide it!

We didn't eat the breakfast from the hotel, instead I sent my husband
out to grab coffees from Starbucks which is just around the corner
from the hotel and fresh croissants from the little bakery over the
road which is truly amazing and you must try!!!

Overall I would go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. This is such a great motivation for our staff. We hope to see you next time and we wish you a Merry Christmas!

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Upon our arrival we found the hotel easy to find and conveniently located next to Cadet metro. Although the immediate surrounding area was not busy at night Opera was only 10 minutes walk or a metro ride away. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The whole place smells fantastic and the design is charming. Our room was perfect; cute and romantic with everything we needed. It wasn't a big room but we didn't need anything huge for the two of us. The shower was spectacular. The bed was comfy although was not fixed to anything so it did tend to move around a bit. Room keeping staff were excellent and even when we slept in, still made the effort to swap towels and change the bins etc. The hotel overall was extremely clean. Breakfast was good and one morning we had it delivered to us in bed. The staff uniforms were quirky and added to the overall feel of the hotel. If you don't mind walking, all the attractions are within strolling distance. Perfect hotel, would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlotteLouiseCrock
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your really kind comment, it's always a pleasure for us. We hope to see you next time.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at Les Plumes for a mini break and from beginning to end it was fantastic. The staff couldn't do enough to help us...The rooms were really funky and had everything you needed...the shower was a real winner... Hotel decor brilliant and easily walkable from gare du nord. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules29London
lesplumeshotel, Assistant de Direction at Les Plumes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at the Plumes Hotel.
Thank you so much for your comment, don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested to come back to us.