“pretty bad”
Review of Hotel Richard

Hotel Richard
Ranked #135 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed February 5, 2014

During my stay at la regent hostel I was a quite disappointed by the quality of my single room and hostel in general- having stayed in over 8 different hostels for a similar price throughout Europe on my trip I can safely say this was the worst in terms of cleanliness/quality. The shower was basically impossible to use- it was such a small space that I could not physically stand in the shower without either my back touching the wet shower curtain or turning off the tap- which turns on outwards into the shower. The bed was so hard that I found myself waking up in the night with back pain! the pillow was basically made from air it was so thin and the quilt was a thin blanket which just about sufficed... Whats more I found a small cockroach in my room... I did not mention any of this to the staff in their defense- as they may have provided a different room or more pillows etc, as I was literally just sleeping in the room and did not want to cause a fuss for the two days I was there. The staff seemed fairly pleasant from the little interactions I had with them. The communal toilets were a little shocking... sanitary items left in an open waste paper bin in the evening and still there at 11am the next day. All in all I wouldn't recommend the hostel for anything other than location, and go only if you are a very laid back traveler with small expectations like myself or otherwise be prepared for a shock.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Richard

Reviewed December 21, 2013

there's no way to describe what an awful experience it was. I booked the hotel for two days, but I had to leave after the first night. 1 - there was NO HOT WATER meaning no shower after a long flight. 2 - dirty floors, dirty bed, everything seemed dirty. there's no way to seat in the claustrophobic toilets 3 - rude staff: I was trying to explain for the woman in the reception why I was leaving and she didn't show any respect or apologised. besides that, the neighborhood is super dangerous. I wouldn't recommend that at all, and believe me I usually don't expect much from low cost accommodations. DONT DO IT

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The whole place was terrible filthy. There was no hot water and the heating system was not working. There was no seating and no sinks on the toilets. The staff was rude and impolite when asked about the water issue. Do not worth it the price at all. You better pay a little bit more and enjoy Paris in a clean and calm place.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iury S
Reviewed November 13, 2013

when I arrived they gave me a room in the fifth floor, and there is no elevator. When I requested for some help in a good manner the staff guy in the lobby said to me in a rude way: "that is not my job". this guy had very bad attitude almost all the time.
the room was dirty and with bath odor, after my first night they did not clean it.
the bathroom was shared.
this is not a hotel is a pension, there are so much better hostels, stay away from this place is terrible, the worst hotel I have ever stayed.
the only good thing is the location, that is it!

Room Tip: if you still want to be here make your do not have a big baggage because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2013

i stay 3 night in there
the location is very good because its near from metro station around 4 Minutes and its good for budget
the WiFi is Very weak if you use smart phone you must go to the reception to use it.
the hotel just for sleep

Room Tip: room in ground Flor on the street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Araz-ali
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Richard for 2 nights in August. This place is an absolute dump and should not be allowed to be called a hotel. When we arrived to check in the lady at reception made no attempt to help us. She was very rude and the man there is not much better. When we checked in we were told that the room had not been cleaned as there was a problem and it would be cleaned later. The room was never cleaned while we were there. There was rubbish in the bins from the people before us, dirty floors, dirty sheets and no toilet paper or towels. This place is an absolute dive and wouldnt recommend it to anyone. We are just hoping we dont get bed bugs like other people did in previous reviews!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ryanbird
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I read all of these reviews before going, so I knew what I was getting myself into. The staff was pretty rude, I tried my best to use the French that I know, but they still ended up angry when I didn't understand. There was one employee who was very nice and understood my attempts at asking for a towel. We were on the fifth floor with no elevators, which is fine....but the winding staircase is a bit sketchy. The bathrooms were also a bit sketchy, one shared bathroom on each floor, squatty toilet. (sometimes you get toilet paper, sometimes you don't) You're almost guaranteed a turd left in the toilet from someone else each time you enter. The room was fine! We were happy to end up with a shower in our room. It was pretty noisy all night from a bar that is next door to the hotel. Other than those things, it was a good, cheap stay for a few days and a very good location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends