“What a Trip!”

$120.64*
Giverny and Monet's Garden Bike Tour
Ranked #4 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Fat Tire Bike Tours offers guided English-speaking tours of Paris (day & night), Versailles and Monet's Gardens. Opened in 1999, Fat Tire has grown to become the largest city bicycle tour operation in the world as a result of excellent guides and outstanding customer service.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

One of our highlights was our Versailles Bike Tour w/Fat Tire. It was a day filled with endless entertainment with our cool and knowledgeable guide, Johnny, riding to incredible sites with accompanied incredible sights. Very well organized but not too rigid...great interaction among all group members...perfect balance between riding and stopping to take in the breath-taking views while getting a unique download of French history. Please note that the actual bike ride is not within the official gardens of Versailles, (which would not be fun anyway given the crowds), but is a cool ride around the extended grounds of the Chateau which is an area most tourists would not be able to enjoy due to the size of the grounds and the time involved. But no matter your interest, just book any Fat Tire bike tour in Paris that interests you and enjoy a worthwhile and unique experience!

1  Thank PaulNLarsen
There are newer reviews for Fat Tire Tours Paris

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Highlight of our trip!! Eva our tour guide was so knowledgeable and answered all our questions.
Thanks for the great memories!
Steve and Brenda from Arizona

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our tour guide was absolutely wonderful. She was a wealth of knowledge and made the the tour to Versailles really fun and interesting. I would recommend this tour to everyone going to Paris :D 10/10

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had gone on the Fat Tire night bike tour in Paris and had a great time so we signed up for their Versailles trip. It was extremely disappointing. After spending a lot of time gathering as a group, getting the bikes, getting food we found we could only bike around the grand canal and not in the gorgeous gardens. After two flat tires needing repair we got to the chateau late (4:30). There was a very long line, the chateau was jammed, and we were afraid we wouldn't have time for the gardens. As it turned out we could get to the gardens but by the time we did they had turned the fountains off. The guide offered a very shallow bit of history and spoke to us as if we were in middle school. It is very easy to get to Versailles on your own, early in the day, tour the chalet and gardens and rent a bike and much, much less expensive. The cost of this trip, over $100 per person added insult to injury. Absolutely not worth it.

2  Thank B G
Sadie S, Manager at Fat Tire Tours Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for making time in your trip to join us on our Versailles bike tour. I regret that your experience was not a positive one, and I hope that I'm able to speak to some of your concerns below.

We keep our group sizes limited, no more than 20 guests per guide. We take time to gather everyone together in the morning, and then the first item of business is getting to Versailles. The train is a 30 minute ride, and then the group picks out their bikes. Once everyone is on their bikes, it's a straight shot to the market to pick out a picnic lunch. This itinerary is outlined on our website and I hope that you were not disappointed to see how the days' events played out. I know that our guides are efficient with their time, but I am sorry to hear that you felt the day was spent simply regrouping, as that is not our goal.

Bikes are only allowed on certain parts of the chateau grounds, but I can assure you that our tour covers more of Versailles than any other tour out there. We visit most of the 2,000 acres that make up Versailles. The formal gardens are only accessible by foot, as taking a bike through those narrow pathways would be dangerous for pedestrians and detrimental to the landscaping.

I would like to speak with you in greater detail about your guide that day, as you have eluded to the low quality of his/her tour. Please get back to me directly at sadie@fattirebiketours.com. We put a lot of time and energy into our training and we want to make sure that all of our guides are giving a thorough history of Versailles, the monarchy, and the revolution. I encourage you to reach out to me so that I can speak with the guide in question in order to prevent future disappointments.

Pleas accept my sincere apologies for your tour. As you can see from the various other reviews of this tour, your experience is not the norm, and I will do everything possible to prevent it from reoccurring. I hope to hear from you shortly.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you can ride a bike and would like to go to Monet's Garden this is the tour for you. We met at St Lazare station to journey to Vernon where we collected our bikes, then did some shopping for a picnic lunch on the banks of the Seine. It was an easy ride to Giverny and Monet's Garden was beautiful had free time to explore. Our guides Andrea and Pete. were excellent and gave us lots of information regarding Monet. It was a wonderful day arriving back in Paris around 6.40pm. Highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank John M