“Will be on my short list for my next trip to Paris because of its location, access to Metro, and courteous staff”
Review of Hotel Eiffel Seine

Hotel Eiffel Seine
Ranked #355 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Aside from some minor annoyances of staying in an older hotel, I would gladly stay here again because of the location, access to the Metro, and their very courteous and helpful staff. I reserved a Club Double for four nights between April 12 - 16, 2013 via their web special promotion called "3 nights and +" which provided me w a room on the 6th floor (top) facing the Bir Hakeim metro station on Blvd de Grenelle, one free breakfast, and a pretty decent view of the Seine. I originally thought that my daily breakfast was included in my package, however that was not the case, and while they have a very quaint breakfast room one floor beneath the main lobby, the selection was not worth the 15 euros (I believe) that I would have been charged. Since HES is located in such a great location, grabbing a quick breakfast is easy because of all of the excellent cafes in a 0 - 3 minute walk range, but if you are so inclined to shop for fresh fruits, veggies, water, etc, etc, there's a really nice neighborhood grocery store on Grenelle that's about a 2 minute walk called Le Marche Franprix, that I visited at least once a day.

All of that said, here are my issues/observations (both pro and con) from my stay… 1) I had very good to excellent WiFi signal, however you need a separate userid/password for each connected device which is not a big deal if you knew about it in advance, but had to stop by the desk on the way out to get another id/pswd once I figured out the problem. 2) The in-room safe is very small and could not store my iPad and MacBook Air, so I had to lock up both in my suitcase which is almost as vulnerable as leaving them on the desk. 3) All rooms are centrally climate controlled, so the in-room thermostat only gave you the illusion of being able to control the temperature. Unfortunately, the fan speed control (L, M, H) on the thermostat was not working, thereby disabling the entire room ventilation system. I alerted the staff of the problem about an hour after I arrived, and was told that it would be fixed early the next day. Long story short, it still was not fixed when I left Paris five days later. To solve the problem, I was promptly given a portable (desktop size) heater/AC unit to circulate the air in the room, and in retrospect, I'm glad that I immediately decided to accept the work around and not dwell on the problem as it could have poisoned my otherwise wonderful stay in a charming older Parisian hotel. 4) The elevator is VERY small to the point where it will hold only one average sized person and their roller suitcase, and I don't recall that the spiral staircase had a hand rail. I could be mistaken about the handrail, so my apologies if one does in fact exist. 5) As I briefly mentioned earlier, the hotel staff was very courteous and helpful as they all spoke much better English than my French :), provided me w excellent restaurant suggestions, tips that streamlined my day's sightseeing plans, and arranged for a 5a car service so I could comfortably get to CDG for my 830a flight back to the US. 6) Lastly, but most importantly, my room was meticulously cleaned and reappointed each day.

Here are some other items that you might find helpful… 1) If you decide to come to the HES from CDG via train, be advised that you will take the Blue Line to the St Michel Notre Dame station where you will disembark and take at least one escalator (and as luck had it that very day and moment when I needed it, the escalator and elevator were both out of order, so I had to drag my bags up what appeared to be at least two flights of stairs… Not fun) to a higher level where you will get on to the Yellow Line to the Champ de Mars Tour Eiffel station. Assuming that you want to go to the HES first instead of dragging your bags any further through Paris, do NOT exit the station going towards the Champs de Mars, rather you want to go in the opposite direction towards the exit that will take you towards the Bir-Hakeim station which is right across the street from the HES. Also note that Bir-Hakeim is on the Green Line and is connected to the (Yellow) Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel station via underground pedestrian tunnels. 2) No matter how much you like walking, do not hesitate to use the Metro to your advantage and purchase the day pass as it's worth the 10 or so euros to quickly get you to the parts of the city where you want to explore. 3) As others have said quite eloquently, be aware of the scammers… as I walked along the Seine at street level from the HES up to the Grand Palais, I was approached by a 30 something woman and what I believe was her 3 to 4 year old son, who just happened to "find" a cheap gold colored ring along the walkway. After a polite exchange, I refused her "gift", and thereby avoided her begging me for money as I walked away. Sadly, I watched this same scam play itself out at least 10x throughout the day as I took my 12 hour walking tour through 11 different arrondissements.

All of these comments made, I will most likely put HES near the very top of my short list of hotels for my next Parisian vacation.

Room Tip: The rooms are well insulated from inside and outside noises, so do not worry about being right acros...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank jefftrbo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel's location is just blacks from the Eiffel Tower and has easy access to the Paris Metro. It was easy for us to get anywhere in the city for our first visit! Every afternoon when we came back, our room was cleaned and bed made, and the staff & service were wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel. Once we shut the window at night, the sounds of the city never intruded, and we were able to sleep soundly.

Room Tip: We chose the basic rooms, which were small, but we hardly spent any time during the day in the room...
1  Thank Ricky B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights April 17-19. There is not a lot to add that previous reviews have already said. The hotel is in an excellent location in the centre of the city, within an easy walk of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, and right next door to the metro. Our rooms were on the small side, but any centre of city place is going to be pushed for space. We found the room clean and quiet, and the reception staff polite and helpful. They spoke English but also humoured our attempts to speak french.

Something else that has been touched upon is the amount of hawkers and peddlars that congregate around all the tourist sites - Tower/Louvre/Notre Dam etc. The ones selling the models of the Tower are not so bad. You can get 3 or 4 metal model keyrings for €1 which if you like that sort of thing is fine. However there also seems to be a lot of pickpockets or scammers about too - some women ask you to sign a petition to help "dumb orphans" then say you have to give them a donation, or other basic dishonest scams. It didn't ruin our time but it was a pain (most seem to not be native french). Not a fault of the hotel of course just a general thing.

If you want to go up the tower, then prebooking over the internet will save a 1-2hr queue.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DrBio
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a very pleasant stay. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 1 child (6 years old). The hotel is located across the road from Bir Hakim Metro station and we travelled from Gard du Nord on the Metro (I emailed the hotel before travelling and they kindly provided me with instructions on how to get there - line 4 to Montparnasse Bienvenue and then line 6 (towards Charles de Gaulle Etoile) for Bir Hakim). The Eiffel Tower and River Seine are very close by, as the name of the hotel suggests. The hotel room was clean (we were in room 107), however it was small in places but we were not put off by this as we were out all day and had a comfortable nights sleep. There was a shower over the bath which worked really well and it was easy to regulate the temperature. The room was cleaned everyday, with towels replaced and bed changed. There was also a small fridge/mini bar in the room and there was space to store milk for our daughter, plus a few other items so that was very useful. We did not have breakfast so cannot comment but there are a couple of places to get food next to the hotel, which were fine.
The staff were very friendly and approachable and they all spoke good English. We all enjoyed our break to Paris and would return to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

There were many highlights to my stay in this hotel, but unfortunately I would neither choose to stay here again or recommend this accommodation to a friend.

Let's start with the positive. Location to the Eiffel Tower is sublime, and there is a metro stop across the street from which to easily access the rest of Paris. The morning and daytime receptionist are very friendly and helpful, and everyone morning we enjoyed seeing an adorable hotel cat languishing in the lobby.

On a negative note, the rooms are small--like really small! I live in Japan and have stayed in many small accommodations, but the standard room is not really comfortable for two people with suitcases. The room was also a little dated and dirty. Dust hung conspicuously from the walls, mildew was in shower, and mold grew behind the curtains. Breakfast was a hopelessly uninspired affair and definitely not worth 16 euro. The evening receptionist was consistently unfriendly and not particularly eager to offer assistance of any kind. There is a serious problem with tourist-directed crime in the area. Another guest lost several hundred dollars at the metro stop across the street. The receptionist acknowledge that it is a growing problem, which impacts the "location" score of this review.

3  Thank logangrant
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For a major capital, Paris (unlike, say, New York or London) is a very walkable city (strolling and exploring on foot is actually one of the major pleasures no one should miss) and Eiffel Seine's location around the corner from the Tower means you could reach most major attractions with a leisurely walk, or taking a short Metro ride if you prefer. Walking to St Martin, Notre Dame or Montmatre for example is no problem at all, and a nice walk it is too.

Somebody here has thought long and hard about what travellers want from a 3-star budget hotel. As a result the Eiffel Seine skips some expendable frills (you carry your own luggage to your room, bar is self service,...) while focussing on providing all the essential comforts, in a stylish environment. They are very good at this.

Staff are very friendly, helpful and fluent in english. I only wished that at certain times (checkout Monday mornings springs to mind) there would be two of them, as some guests confuse the Receptionist with a travel agent and delay checkouts by having them arrange their two-week France holiday for them.

In keeping with most european hotels the rooms are very small, but clever layout means it never feels claustrophobic. They even managed to sqeeze in a full sized bathtub! The design is Jugendstil themed and Gustav Klimt features prominently, which gives the place a sumptous yet understated elegance not normally found in 3-star hotels. It's clean and quiet, and beds are comfortable.

It is true that there are no english TV channels except one or two news programmes but did you really come to Paris to watch TV? Exactly. What would be welcome though is a music channel or two. Free WiFi is a welcome bonus.

There is a Honesty Bar in the Lobby - you just help yourself and put your consumption on a list to be paid at checkout. We actually found ourselves chilling out here a few times (although I don't normally like hotel bars) before dinner, having a Leffé or two. It's a relaxing spot, like hanging out in a mate's living room. Prices are slightly lower than in many bars in this area.

Talking of prices - the Eurostar package deal makes this good value - 3 nights for 2 including train fare for around 400.- Sterling. The rack rates (approx. 240.- Euro per night) are far less favorable, and I would not have been happy to pay this much. Our "Excellent" rating for value only applies to the package deal we booked, not the rack rates.

Breakfast is complimentary on the first morning - there was a good range, coffee is excellent, otherwise it was fairly standard. Nothing wrong with it, but it's not worth 17.- Euros per head. Our advice is to do what most French do - Coffee and Croissant in the morning, then enjoy a proper lunch in town. The one exception is if you check out on Sunday (or even Saturday) - many of the best places are closed on weekends, and you won't have time to track one down that isn't. If you leave on Sunday I'd say have brekkie at the hotel.

As part of a package for a long weekend, this place would be hard to beat and comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: It's better to be higher up - we stayed on the 4th floor and had no traffic noise at all. The ho...
Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a perfect location just around the corner from the Eiffel Tower and right across the street for the Metro. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is a nice boutique style design, black and red throughout.

The wifi is free and fast and you will get a password and code from reception, we brought our iPads and downloaded everything we needed for the day, really useful.

The hotel offers a free breakfast for the first morning (as an incentive) but we never made it up on the first day in time (served 7-10!) after that its 17e each which is a bit steep for a buffet, we ate out so can't make any real comments on it.

There are only 3 English TV channels and they are CNN, and BBC world news, you don't come to Paris to watch TV but a few others would be nice while getting ready to go out.

The lift holds 3 people which would be very interesting to see and very cosy! We stayed on the 6th floor and had a courtyard view out, nice and quiet and no traffic noise.

We chose this hotel as part of a Eurostar package and would definitely recommend this little hotel for its cleanliness, design and location.