“nice place”

Ranked #350 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Oxford
“nice place”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

small rooms as usual in Paris, but nice public areas, friendly staff, pleasant decor and a good breakfast. The concierge gave me a good tip for dinner and booked me a table. Right opposite a metro stop. I would go back.

Room Tip: there are quiet rooms onto the internal courtyard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AELOxford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We decided on Hotel Eiffel Seine due to Trip Advisor so its only fair to return the favor. The stay got off to a bit of a rocky start but ended well. The first night we arrived late and were greeted by a friendly staff member who helped us check in. Side note: Don't think one staff member at reception during the day is quite enough but we were never waiting long to drop our key off or get suggestions. After getting to our room, an adventure b/c the elevator is TINY which makes getting large luggage in an adventure. So I put the bags and wife in the elevator and ran up the flight of stairs. We were on the first floor, street view. Room was small but manageable. Bathroom was nice, room was very clean. The next part was our problem. We located the thermostat to reduce the temperature, which was about 75 degrees and extremely stuffy due to no air movement. Being I sleep at home at about 66 I was pretty uncomfortable however we couldn't get the air to function at all, no fan, no ac, nothing. So we decided we'll just crack the window and get some air flow. Well, the hotel is adjacent to a large intersection and directly across the street from a metro station. While that is very convenient for navigating the city its terrible noise when the window is cracked. So for the rest of the night we battled a stuffy room vs noisy street. Needless to say I didn't sleep at all. The next morning I addressed the issue with the first desk and was informed only the heat was functional this time of year. Thats reasonable, its November, I'm very warm natured, so I asked if we could move room to a courtyard facing room so opening a window wouldn't include the outside noise. I offered to pay any upgrade fees associated b/c I understand, to an extent, their situation. I was first met with a NO, but after then suggesting we'd need to switch hotels b/c I couldn't go through another 100% sleepless night, she found a room that we could upgrade to. 4th floor, courtyard, much larger room, same bathroom, very clean, same tough elevator situation. The rest of the stay was delightful. The staff recommendations for dinner, directions sight seeing were spot on. They continued to be very helpful. I enjoyed the honest bar, wife loved the hotel cat.

Location: Its very convenient to the Metro and Eiffel Tower. I would give the location 4* although next time I would likely pick a different area but that's no reflection on the hotel itself. I just preferred a few other areas.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room and avoid the 1st level street side rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Anthony S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Clean and conveniently located. Staff speaks English and were nice and helpful. A little trouble plugging a power cord extension (trying to be smart by bringing a power strip to charge mobile devices) but I understand not to do that next time. Staff did not give me hard time about it :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed for one night at the end of November 2012 and couldn't be happier! friendly staff and conveniently located for the tourist spots and the metro.

The room was an ok size and was clean and tidy and everything worked. It had a nice modern feel to it and the honesty bar and free wifi was a nice touch.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Eiffel Seine is immediatly opposite the Bir Hakim Metro stop, which links to Champs De Mars RER and one stop from Etoile.
We stayed in a DeLuxe room on the ground floor. Staff were very friendly, spoke English of course and were useful with maps and advice.
The room was very clean and spacious (deliberately chose the hotel for that). Bathroom well stocked and had a mini-bar which we didn't use exept to store our own milk in (for tea :-).
We didn't try the breakfasts there as we went straight out in the morning and ate out. On the corner near the hotel are breakfast cafes but the selection there was no better than on the hotel menu (ie good, but not different).
Location is great - as well as the Metro you are next to the Seine, and 15 mins walk to the Tower.
Also close to the Avenue De Suffren where there are many places to eat. In Boulevard de Grenelle itself, just down the road are small 7-11 type supermarkets so you can buy wine, toothpaste etc etc.
I recommend getting a Metro pass so you can get on and off as you like, once you have got to grips with the system its very efficient.
Would go again :-)

Room Tip: I think you can ask for a room with a view, so may be worth doing this by phone or email.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We went 26-28 October 2012 and loved the location! It is near the Champs de Mars RER train stop, meaning that from Charles de Gaulle airport it is really convenient to get to, only 100m or so when you have all of your baggage to lug about! It is also within 50m from the Bir Hakeim metro stop, meaning you can get around the city with ease. Its also within easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, we even managed to walk there in suits and dresses to have an evening meal on the tower itself.

The hotel was clean, tidy and stylish, and the concierge spoke impeccable English and was really polite and helpful. The room was just what we wanted, it was clean and had good quality bedding and furniture, and the bed was comfortable. The shower was a good size and provided were the usual shower gels and shampoos, towels were good quality.

The only concern was the room size, there was only about 60cm around the beds to walk. To be honest, it didnt bother us because the whole idea of going to Paris was to use the room as a shower and sleep spot, the rest of the time we were out!! Thats the only reason it has 4/5, but we would go again without hesitation and to be fair, the space issue isn't a problem if the room was used like we used it - amazing location is the nain thing when looking for a city break so you can fit everything in!!!

3 Thank Ian2437
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If location to all the high notes in Paris is important to you, a stay at the Eiffel Seine is the perfect location. My husband and I travelled over to Paris from London in September 2012, compliments of the Eurostar. I could not have been more pleased by the location of this hotel. It is literally a few minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower, and we would walk by there late each night just to see the lights of the tower that blinked on the hour at dark. It was a majestic experience to witness the awesomeness of this landmark at night with my husband of thirty years. The hotel is very modern in decor and is just what you see in the pictures on its website. By American standards the room was not very large, but it was more than adequate for our needs. We stayed in a superior room that came with a queen size bed. The view from the room was not much as it backed to the courtyard, but we did not come to Paris for the view from our room, so this was irrelevant to me. The room came equipped with a flat screen tv, safe, loveseat, desk, bar, coffee maker and a/c. The room also had huge beautiful windows that we opened when we were indoors to enjoy some fresh air. The complimentary tea/coffee in the room was quite scant when it came to cream and sugar. When I asked the front desk for more, they were not very accomodating, I guess the expectation was that we would purchase the 'more' that we needed. We opted to start the day with the daily buffet breakfast served by the hotel. This buffet was advertised as being large, but once again by American standards, it was anything but large. Having said that, I did enjoy filling up on a plate of, eggs, bacon, croissants and coffee each morning before we left the hotel to sightsee. We opted to see the city via bus tour, and the stop to catch the tour was outside the Eiffel tower. So each morning after breakfast, we would walk to the bus stop to catch our tour bus for the day. The hotel is also located across the street from the seine river and so in easy reach of the river tour boats. The staff at the hotel were polite and helpful. I cannot say that I was impressed by any of the the restaurants in the area that we went to, so I have no recommendations on that point. This hotel was perfect for my first trip and stay in Paris. I would not hesistate to recommend it to other tourists visiting Paris for the first time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family