“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #377 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel was ideally situated for our four day trip to Paris, the Eiffel Tower only a five minute walk away and the Metro on the doorstep.We did a day trip to Versaille and the RER train left from the Champ de Mars station which was very close.

The hotel was very clean and the staff we met were very pleasant, from reception to the cleaners they were always helpful. There was a kettle in the room which was a bonus and supermarket just down the road.

And yes I would stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Colin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ok, so this was difficult. Overall it was a nice place. Disclaimer...I am an American aware of stereotypes of the French and vice versa, so my goal was to just be cool and gracious and hope that works. My boyfriend and I stayed two nights.

PROS: Close to Eiffel Tower, if that's your thing. Really close to Seine and grabbing a great river tour at night which we did and was nice. Was across the street from the train station - great for airport transportation. The rooms were clean, Most of the people at the front desk were "pleasant". The rooms were small but that doesn't bother me. Older cities don't have the luxury of space and it is a "boutique" hotel after all. And one thing I really appreciated was that I booked my room online and asked for a river room view - and got it. So that was really nice.

CONS: Not much in the way of restaurants and/or bars. I mean, there are a handful - but many of them are tourist traps that close early. Reminded me of going to NYC and staying in the Financial District - after a certain hour, everything dies. The elevator is microscopic. Only one person and a suitcase can fit...that makes for quite the wait when you are battling other people coming and going. Here is the kicker. I just found this odd. So because we wanted to take a cab to a more hoppin' neighborhood where we could eat real French food and maybe grab a drink, I decided to ask the dude at the front desk what his recommendation was. He immediately asked where I was from. Ok, fine - "U.S." I say. So he says something that I cannot understand and I asked him to write it down so I could just Google the area and we would go later. He doesn't want to do this, he says "I call you cab" to which I respond "that is nice of you but we aren't really ready yet, I just wondered what our options were, if you wrote it down we could decide later" Begrudgingly he writes it down. Wait for it.... O'SULLIVANS. Really?????????? Just because I am American. My first night ever in Paris I want to go to an Irish pub? Wow. Anyways - it just rubbed me the wrong way. Probably not fair of me to hold this one incident against the entire hotel but that kind of summed up a large part of my stay in Paris so there you go.

Room Tip: if you book enough in advance, ask for a river room view
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank chicagonyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel with everything for comfort. Close to subway and eiffel tower. Not a direct view of the tower but 10 steps from the hotel you can admire the view! Just in front of the merro line 6: 5 steps!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank BriceQuebec
Kent England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff were all very friendly they couldn’t do enough for you. Our room was lovely, clean, light, fresh and comfortable. The cleaning ladies each day said hello and smiled as we passed them. The staffs English was superb which was wonderful as unfortunately our French was not very good.
The location was right next to the Metro so very easy to get to with bags. Took about an hour from Euro star. (The catacombs are on the same Metro line and well worth a visit) I contacted the hotel before travelling and asked if we could leave our bags with them before the check in time as we were arriving early. We arrived at the hotel about 10.30am and our room was already ready which was fantastic! Check out was 12pm but again it was no trouble to store our bags until we were ready to leave Paris later that afternoon.
The hotel is a perfect location for a first visit to Paris if you are feeling unsure about your surroundings. Our room was high up and had a view, a bit noisy because we were in the heart of it all but once the window was closed it was perfect and we didn’t mind. Air con worked lovely! Kettle was wonderfully clean when I looked in it which was really nice to see. When you stepped out the hotel the Eiffel Tower is just round the corner and a short walk away.
There was a supermarket just down the same road perfect for a few essentials. Everything is more expensive in the Eiffel Tower area for example a pain au chocolat near by was about 3.50 euros but find a lovely little shop on one of the roads further back behind the Eiffel Tower, we explored to the right hand area it was about 1.30 euros and feels more like you are in Paris as it should be. Be brave wonder and explore.
We took a boat trip that would drop you off at different points of interest on the trip and it really saved our legs and was a wonderfully easy and a lovely way to travel. We only bought a one day ticket but had wished for just a few euros more we have got the 2 day ticket, I believe there is a 5 day one as well. The best place to find the boat is opposite the Eiffel Tower just look down and you will see them. Make sure it’s the correct one as the other is a trip with no stops. The louver is closed on Tuesdays. Research where you want to go before hand and plan your trip it will help you make the most of your stay.

We has a lovely time and would really recommend our hotel, you can’t go wrong and our experience was a very good one. Thank you to all the staff and good luck to the lovely lady on reception who was having a baby !

Room Tip: We didn't use the restaurant simply because we ate whilst we were out and there was no swimming...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank honeypotkat
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good points: Friendly and English speaking receptionists. Close to the Eiffel tower (5-10 minutes walk). Room was clean and tidy. Room was of a good size (for Paris). The Bir-Hakim RER station is immediately opposite the hotel (a useful landmark to help your taxi driver find the hotel). We stayed in a room facing the back of the hotel, which was very quiet - there is a main road at the front, so rooms at the front might be noisy, but can't say for sure.

Less good points: none.

Points to consider: Although undoubtedly good for the Eiffel tower, the hotel is not located in a particularly lively part of town. For a good selection of restaurants / cafes / bars, you will need to travel a bit (I quite like the Latin quarter - about 30 minutes door to door using public transport).
The lift if quite small - three people max, without luggage. Again, not unusual in smaller Parisian hotels.
Breakfast is readily available in the cafes located beside the hotel - cost around Euro7.5 per person, for a continental breakfast (croissant, bread and preserve, orange juice and coffee or tea).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harlequin25
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just returned from another great TripAdvisor stay at this hotel. Yes the rooms were small but very clean,quiet and close to the Eiffel Tower. Our 4 night stay was great and the superette located down the block had all the fixings for a romantic picnic and quick breakfast before our busy days began. Would rate this place good for value, location and proximity to Metro.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back for better comfort.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is located within 10 mins walking distance of Eiffel Tower and 2 mins from the River Seine. The location was the main reason we chose this hotel. It was opposite a metro station, around the corner from RER, and surrounded by restaurants.
The hotel and the rooms were very small, nothing special but it was very clean and comfortable, perfect for short stay in Paris. The staff were polite but they lacked a really friendly approach towards the customers. :(
Avoid the tourist trap expensive restaurants next door to the hotel. The restaurants around the back streets were much cheaper with a better menu.
The sound insulation was very poor in the rooms as I heard everything from upstairs in the middle of the night!!! :)
Overall if you are looking for a hotel in the centre of Paris, clean and close to attractions than this hotel is perfect for you.

Room Tip: top floor so you can't hear anything!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family