Hotel du Champ de Mars
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
1,108 results
All reviewsrue clereiffel towerecole militairegreat locationrick stevesaround the cornerpedestrian streetrooms are smallcharming hotelcheese shopmetro stopthere is no air conditioningrodin museumbaguettetiny elevatoreiffel tourgreat area
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We chose this hotel based on recommendations from Rick Steves' website and were not disappointed. This is a lovely little French hotel in a pedestrian-friendly location with lots of shops and good restaurants nearby, along with easy access to the Metro. Staff was friendly, helpful, and always available. Our room was decorated in soft colors and fabrics, and well-maintained daily by housekeeping. Overall, a good value for the price. We enjoyed our stay and would come back again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Streetside rooms have potential for late-night noise when windows are open. Our bed was a bit firmer than is sometimes comfortable for me.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel du Champ de Mars was recommended to us by French friends who stay here whenever they visit Paris. They were spot on. This cute hotel offers charming rooms, small but comfortable and well decorated.

This hotel is anything but utilitarian.The owners are usually on site, warm and welcoming. The staff is attentive and interested.

The location is ideal. Near the Eiffel Tower, Napoleon's tomb and other sites.

The only weak spot was the breakfast for us. There are so many cafes within steps of the front door, there's no need to have anything less than a good breakfast.

All in all, a great stay. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the back and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kbinsb
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This quaint hotel is just off of rue Cler. Wonderful atmosphere all times of the day.
Easy access to Metro and bus lines, as well as a short walk to the Eifel Tower and Invalides.
Simple room, but adequate. Nice breakfast. Clean and very good desk service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank draym85
Reviewed April 19, 2014

If I ever get to go back in Paris, I might stay here again. I spent 4 nights here.

The good
1. Right by Rue Cler, really just a few steps away
2. Close to many good restaurants
3. Has an old but working elevator (only one person can fit per trip). Very helpful when you have a heavy suitcase (I was on a two week business trip prior to staying here or else I would have traveled light).
4. Friendly staff (even loaned me a charger adapter as I forgot to bring mine)
5. Clean and adorable (pink motif) bedroom, mine was facing the street and still quiet. Room is small but functional.
6. Close to metro and bus stations
7. Close to the Eiffel Tower and several museums (Rodin, Napoleon's tomb, military, etc.)
8. Very reasonable price
9. Free wi-fi

The 'just OK'
1. Breakfast was pricey for what you get. There's a restaurant right across from the hotel that serves better breakfast for the same amount.
2. It says on a flyer at the hotel that there is a bus or shuttle that can take you to the airport from their hotel but when I asked the receptionist about it, he immediately said they won't pick up a single person. Then they should not advertise that the shuttle will pick up a solo passenger. I ended up paying $70 euro for a taxi. I won't advise taking the metro (I made that mistake) if you have a big suitcase as you will be going up and down lots of stairs, surrounded by lots of people.
3. Since Rick Steve's advertise this hotel, there's a lot of Americans who stays there, not that it's a bad thing, but it drives up the price on accommodation, food and souvenir items in the area.
4. This might be a French thing, but don't expect for housekeeping to respect the sign on the door. I didn't want housekeeping to come to the room while I was out because I had personal stuff lying around so I put the do not disturb sign. I came back and saw that someone still came and fixed the room
5. The safe box in my room wasn't working and I was concern because they still use an old school (very heavy) key to get in the room which you have to leave to the receptionist every time you leave the hotel. The problem with this is that, they really don't verify that it's you who stays in that room. You just walk up to the receptionist and say your room number and they hand you back the key.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ChasingSunset
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went to Paris with wife for a special weekend we where so please we stayed here clean friendly good food helpful staff comfy sleep we are coming back later in year and would book this hotel again we told friends about there are going in July thanks for making our stay many thanks

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple