New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Hotel du Champ de Mars
Ranked #235 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Philadelphia
“Quaint boutique hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here three nights during a week long trip to Paris. The location is excellent, being just a short walk away from the metro station Ecole Militaire. Around the corner you will find rue Cler, a street limited to foot traffic with its numerous shops and cafes. Our room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed. We found the breakfast at the hotel to be adequate, with a nice selection of pastries, some yogurt, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a pot of coffee that was good for two cups, to be a good value compared to what you can get in the surrounding cafes. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. A convenient location no doubt, with an excellent shuttle service to CDG.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid steps and the elevator, room 5 is a good choice. Even though it is close to the...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel. The first night I got in late and the radiator heat wasn't working. When I called downstairs the owner was very dismissive. Told me to turn it up. When I told him it wasn't doing anything he said "oh" and that was it. I'm now on night 3 of no heat. Yesterday when I got back after being out in bone chilling rain and cold I got to my room and nothing. I called and they said the next day. This afternoon I got back and same story. It is freezing and I have to sleep in a sweatshirt under 4 blankets!

I just called and said I wanted a discount on the room and was told the owner would be in tomorrow at 7am. They called back 5 minutes later and said the owner was on holiday and wouldn't be in so would move me. As I was packing they called yet again and said the repairman will be here in 10 minutes. It's 5pm and I need to rest before going out tonight but now have to wait for this. Very irritating.

7 Thank boisetravelingirl
Avignon, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arriving in Paris with a tight time-frame before an evening at the Opera is not the moment to be told that the confirmed room in a hotel is not available. When I showed my copy of an exchange of e-mail messages in which the hotel had confirmed my dates, the manager simply showed me a copy of his planning sheet with erroneous dates. At no point and in no way did any words like "sorry for our mistake" come into the exchange. Finally the manager did find a room for me in another hotel nearby.

The Hotel du Champs de Mars is a small, charming, boutique hotel where I am sure one would like very much to stay, but what does one do when it their bookings cannot be trusted?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
13 Thank Davthor
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was the first stop of our European adventure and the hotel did not disappoint! Just a short walk away from the Eiffel Tower and on the main metro line the hotel has a great location. The rooms are really cozy and capture the charm of paris! We skipped breakfast at the hotel and opted to eat on rue cler, the street adjacent, and I think that this would be a better deal - freshly baked bread, crossaint, and our personal favourite, heavenly pain au chocolat.

Unlike some of the reviews here all of our desk staff were friendly and helpful. We had an amazing stay and honestly found it hard to leave.

alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

LOVED this hotel !! Location is perfect... clean, professional, wonderful ambiance... not one complaint !

I was not sure what to expect from some reviews..this place is a true jewel

Service was top rate...yes..not effusive but so very geared for an easy visit...

I was solo on this trip ...my room was one of the smaller ones but SO PERFECT !! such charm... small but everything I needed... I LOVED IT !!

great help from the front desk .... I made the mistake of thinking a taxi would be quick to the airport (take the shuttle !!!!!!) and the person working went above & beyond to help me get to airport

they stored cheese from the best fromagerie in Paris for me in thier kitchen (the shop is Cantin across the street)

everyone was great

my long weekend in Paris went so fast and I know I will be back soon

I am staying here again

this is a wonderful boutique hotel

Great job by the owners !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wow, what a find in the perfect location in Paris! We rented an apartment in Paris for the first week, travelled to the Loire Valley for the next 5 days then returned to Paris. We should have stayed here from the get go since the apt. Had so many hidden fees, and was a bit "iffy". The Champ du Mars hotel is a short walk from the Metro Ecole Militaire, and the picture perfect Rue Cler around the corner. the hotel is petite and the decor is superb, could not believe how affordable it was in this location. We were just walking by and the exterior and lobby decor caught my eye and walked in and spoke to a very friendly receptionist. We booked then for the remainder of our stay in Paris. Yes, the rooms are petite, wonderful bathrooms but all well designed.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose this hotel based on its reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm happy to say they were very accurate. It has a great location - 5 minute walk to the metro, 15 minute walk to Eiffel Tower. Lots of good cafes and supermarkets right outside your door. We had breakfast everyday in the neighborhood cafe, great value for 5.50 euros. Yummy Amorino gelato right when you turn the corner on Rue Cler. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Not as small as some reviewers imply! We stayed in another hotel on our first night in Paris because we had an early flight to Spain and that hotel was much smaller, for a similar price. There was closet space, a safe and the bathroom was modern and newly-refurbished. Room decor was really charming. The only downside I can think of is that it does not have air-conditioning but we were there in October and we were completely fine. We did not even have to use the electric fan they provided, we just had to open our windows. We chatted with the owner Stephane before leaving and unlike other reviews, she was really friendly to us. Please don't expect American-type friendliness from her and her husband (they are French!), but she was perfectly polite, congenial and even told us a little about the history of the hotel and her family. Highly recommend this hotel for its great value and convenient location, I would definitely go back!