“Good value and great service”

Hotel du Prince Eugene
Ranked #163 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Newton, Massachusetts
“Good value and great service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good size rooms and large bathrooms by Paris standards. Decoration and bathrooms modern. Cloth covered walls and leather headboards. Perfectly clean, good windows and light. Beds comfortable. We had two rooms on the court side and they were very quiet. The neighborhood isn't touristic so there's good value in the local restaurants - the neighborhood felt very safe even late in the evening walking back from the metro. Very close to two metro stops and a RER line. Basic breakfast. I'd definitely return and recommend the hotel if you're looking for an affordable hotel in Paris that exceeds the standards of many, if not most, affordable Parisian hotels. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
princeeugene, Propriétaire at Hotel du Prince Eugene, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor about your last stay with us at the Hotel du Prince Eugène!

We truly hope to see you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Julien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to Paris for a short weekend break and read good reviews so booked into this hotel.

It's in a great location, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the staff were helpful. The nearest Metro stop is Nation which can take you straight into the centre of the City and all the popular highlights.

If I had to say there was one thing wrong - it's that the room was a little small (it was up on the top floor). However, I think that overall this is a great hotel.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel in April 2013 as part of my partners birthday celebrations. I decided on this hotel after a lot of looking around for the best location and price for Paris and after reading the reviews I thought I'd found it. I booked the hotel directly through Hotels.com but I emailed the hotel directly after making my booking to confirm they had received it, sure enough within a few hours I received a response to confirm my booking. In the following weeks I decided to do some research into how to get to the hotel etc once I had arrived at PCD Airport, as there were quite a few mixed opinions I emailed the hotel directly for their advice, however this time I did not receive a response. I also emailed the hotel again a week later to confirm our late flight time and to request a room on the top floor, again no response (despite them being read as I have this facility for my emails.) I then decided to find my own way.

Despite many saying that the Paris Metro system is very hard, we found it extremely easy once you got the hang of it. If your arriving at Charles Du Gualle the easiest way to reach the hotel is to use the RER system. This is very well signposted at the airport. If you head for RER B (which is the blue line) and take the train to Chatelet Les Halles and then switch to the RER A (which is just across the platform) and get off at Nation, this is right at the bottom of the street for the Hotel.

The hotel is well placed within a few minutes either side of the hotel for a metro station, you can get to many of the sights within 30 minutes.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by a young man and given our room, which was of the top floor, maybe they did see my email after all.

The hotel is clean and well maintained but we did have a few little issues. Upon arriving back to the hotel after a long day sightseeing, we arrived back to find the door looked with a sign that said back in 5 minutes!!! Not good as it was pouring with rain and freezing cold! I understand security but maybe a better idea would be to ensure you have enough cover? Also I tried to order room service at 10pm only to be told 'it's not available tonight, tomorrow' despite the website and the in room menu confirming everyday until 1.30am?

I cannot comment on the breakfast as we didn't try it but there are a lot of patisseries within the vicinity that are lovely.

All in all an ok hotel for the price but maybe I will stay a little closer to the centre next time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LisaCla
Singapore
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a gem in Paris with great location. Nation metro station is a block away, the staff are friendly and nice. We all love Kelly, the front desk staff who is always so helpful and patient. She helped us made reservations for dinner twice without a single frown found on the face. The rooms are nicely decorated and the bed is comfy. The bakery next to it sells tasty pastry and baguette too. Love this hotel and highly recommend it to those visiting Paris.

• Stayed June 2013
Ashford, Kent
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have just got back from another stay at this lovely hotel. Found the reviews of it on Tripadvisor for our first ever visit to Paris in February and loved the hotel so much that we found another reason to come back this month. We arrived at 1000 in the morning of check in day hoping to leave our bags for the day. Most helpful staff, as we expected, and we were immediately shown to the locked storeroom where we safely left our bags. They were absolutely delighted for us to do this which was lovely. Check in later that day was very smooth and the very friendly and helpful Rajesh dealt with us especially well. We were pleased to stay in one of the '01' rooms again with the fantastic double aspect and glorious bathroom. Great wifi, great bed, great shower, useful fridge etc etc. A genuinely great hotel for a really reasonable price, considering it is Paris. As described before the hotel could be seen as a little out of the way. Actually it is ideally situated right by a major hub of the metro, Nation. There's a direct line to the Eiffel Tower which is on the other side of the city! We really love this hotel, its just what a Paris hotel should be. The staff are exceptional. See you soon!

Room Tip: We have stayed in room 101 and 201 and they are really nice rooms with double aspects and fantastic...
1 Thank macavity22
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for a long week end. We really enjoyed the stay (unusually friendly and customer oriented staff, decent breakfast, clean rooms). On the downside, you should know that this is a city center hotel and since the beds are big, the room is on the small side in comparision. But then, with so much to do in Paris, a larger room would have been unnecessary.
I would recommend this to a friend.

2 Thank MacGyv3r
Sevilla
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Prince Eugene was a really nice hotel with great stuff, spacious rooms (for Paris). Place is cozy and spotless. Everybody treated us kind and with respect. Location is very good close to the metro. Relatively affordable hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Would return again next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business