“Excellent boutique hotel”

Hotel du Prince Eugene
Ranked #173 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in Paris at two different hotels, this being the latter. Totally wish I had found this one before booking the previous hotel. Yes, some of the room are small, but this is normal for Paris. Besides, the decor clearly made up for its size, with nice color scheming throughout the entire room. Bathroom was quite impressive and very modern. We did not sample the breakfast so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure it's safe to say that it measured up to the standards set by the rooms. As noted in other posts, the front desk clerk, Julian, was very pleasant and certainly knows how to make you feel welcome. Price-wise, this was perfect compared with other boutique hotels. Location is a tad out of the way from some of the main tourist sites, but the Nation metro stop is a hop, skip, and a jump away and makes the city easily accessible. Overall, a very impressive boutique hotel with a reasonable rates and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David S
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Prince Eugene

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stay here 4 nights. Everythig was ok, wery clean, comfortable, nice, every day clen towels. Good staff speaking English.
Doublebed room is really small, but if you want comfortable room with enaught space - order double bed room (10 Euro more) but in room you have more space for everything, also bathroom is more bigger.
Good position, metro is near - 5 lines of it.
Street is little noisy in morning - if you want open the window.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zuzana J
princeeugene, Responsable réception at Hotel du Prince Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello Zuzana J,

We do our best to please our clients and especially to make them feel comfortable. Our efforts work day by day, and we really appreciate that some clients like yourself notice it and also share their good experience with others.
You were right by saying that the twin room with bath is more spacious. Next time you visit us, we suggest that you book on of those rooms and also some of them are located at the back (facing court yards), so these rooms are really quiet even when windows are opened.

All the team of Hotel Prince Eugene will be extremely happy to welcome you again in our hotel.

Regards

Kelly

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed two nights here. From the time I arrived I knew this hotel would be awesome, from the funky reception area and dining room, to the room and bathroom (which I was suitably impressed with). Modern, clean facilities with tasteful decor made for a great stay.

What made the stay every more comfortable were the staff, who were always at hand to offer friendly advice on where to travel and how to get there! Kelly in particular was lovely, and all staff speak English!!

Short walk to Nation underground, plenty of bars and restaurants locally, and a market shop accross the road for a cheap apple or banana for lunch!

At check out I had three hours to play with... The hotel had no problems holding onto my luggage until I came to collect it. Fast wifi connectivity. 24h reception. Quite room.

I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise from the street and better view of below
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Garth1984
princeeugene, Responsable réception at Hotel du Prince Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Garth,

We thank you for your comment which is totally positive. We are extremely pleased to know that all our efforts are not in vain and that real kind clients like you can enjoy all our services.
Our hotel has been renovated last year and we are glad you like the new design.
All our team will be so delighted to welcome you again at Hotel du Prince Eugene during your next visit in Paris.

With our best regards,

Kelly

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed 2 nights. I arrived there at 10.00 AM from another hotel in Paris. Since I was there for a conference I needed to work at my talk. Even if the check it time was at 2.00 PM they let me stay in the breakfast room where I could work. In addition the receptionist urged the staff to prepare my room as soon as possible (the hotel was full) and I had my room at 12.00. The room is large with respect to the standard in Paris. All was clean and ordered.
I had not the breakfast (13€). Since I llike just have coffe and croissont, there were a lot of bistrot on the way where you can have the breakfast for less.
The Nation Station for both RER A and Metro is very near.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank frengoesto
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had not booked ahead of time for Paris and found this hotel using our GPS. It was very convieniently located near the metro-a quick ride to any attraction. The rooms were small, but clean and well appointed. The thing that made this hotel great was the desk clerk. He was so friendly and helpful. He showed us a couple of different styles of rooms for us to make our selection. He let us check in early. He guided us to where we could park and catch the metro for our Paris explorations. He was undoubtably the nicest person we met in Paris.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back of the hotel are a bit quieter as they do not face the street, but you do give...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie N
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Was in town for a couple days to visit my friend. Great location, the room was clean and comfortable, staff were all friendly and helpful, highly recommend and will def stay there again for the next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie C
princeeugene, Propriétaire at Hotel du Prince Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Katie C,

Thank you so much and I am so pleased you liked the hotel.

I will share your lovely comments with all of my team and I am sure there all will be delighted to surprise you once again in Paris in our hotel.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back to Paris soon.

Best wishes

The team of Hotel du Prince Eugène

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am regularly in Paris and know that Paris hotels can be expensive. This hotel is a germ for 2 stars. The room is tastefully decorated like 5 star hotel. It is VERY clean! Don´t worry about the noise. The windows are very good. You can hear very little noise. Yes, it is small but clean and comfortable. There is aircondition just in case you are there in the summer. I did not take the breakfast but it migth be ok. This would be my choice if I needed a hotel in Paris again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NatureGuyDECH

Dear NatureGuyDECH,

I am delighted that you feel comfortable and like our service here at the Hôtel du Prince Eugène.

We try our best to make you feel at home and make sure you have the best time in this beautiful city. All the team of Hotel du Prince Eugène will be pleased to welcome you once again here.

And do not hesitate to contact us for further informations and news about the hotel.

Please let me know of any future visits and I be happy to help you with any reservations

Very best wishes