“Decent location, decent price but horrible receptionist!”

Residence Chatillon
Ranked #1,748 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is located close to Alesia metro station. Convenient for transportation. It is very basic in terms of amenities. The receptionist (bald guy) though is a piece of work. We paid for daily breakfast, which in itself was nothing to write home about but the guy took offense to me requesting extra butter and sugar. Literally started yelling! I have never seen service like this. Complete jerk!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ajp19

Reviewed August 17, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank JOANNA B
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I looked for a cheaper hotel near Montparnasse and found this online. Because of the photos online, I thought it wasn't bad taking the risk. I went there and spoke to the guy who looked Middle Eastern, paid him $60 euro for a night. When I went inside the room it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for 3 months! It was a total wreck! Filthy and Moldy! Went back to him to get my money back and he said NO YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK BECAUSE YOU ALREADY SAW THE ROOM! I had to speak to a police but he didn't really understand what happened so I just didn't bother since I am not from that country. Beware guys this guy is a swindler! Even they are doing renovation, his swindling act is unacceptable! DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIS KIND WORDS ONCE HE GETS HIS MONEY HE TURNS TO A TOTAL MONSTER!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Effyelle
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My stay at the Residence Chatillon began as expected. Small hotel, no elevator, room was kind of warm, but I got the room on a deal, so it was ok. I stayed there for a week while looking for an apartment in Paris.
But, on the day of my check out, I got money stolen from one of my suitcases inside the premises of the hotel. My action was to go straight to the clerk, mr. Fati, and ask him to call the police. He dodged the responsibility, wasn't helpful at all, and worse: he doubted that I got money stolen, even though I've seen my bag opened and the money missing, and he meant that I was crazy. I'll never stay in that place again and recommend that no one does. I'll never see that money again, and I know that, but mr. Fati's service was the worse I could ever imagine. For the same price, there are better and more respectful places to stay while in Paris.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank RodSaraiva
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I'm not sure why we booked this place because I usually only book well-reviewed places. I think it may have been one of the few available (and affordable) rooms for 4 people. Anyway, the rooms were miniscule, the faucets and tub leaked, there was no air-conditioning and the reception desk people spoke absolutely zero English. Although they also might have been a bit slow or something, too, because they could no understand our French either. It seemed relatively safe and fairly cheap and not rat-infested.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The hotel has no policies. The rooms were average without a fan though so no sleep. Me and my family had a horrible time there. Plus the policies of the hotel are horrible. The managers Mr. Fareed and Yazid told me that if I cancelled my booking online, there would be a 30% discount as their agent charges them 30% commission for the online bookings of the hotel and they would give me that compensation if I were to cancel online. When my stay had ended and I was paying the cost, they refused to return the 30% compensation saying that their boss was not agreeing and that we could have a complementary breakfast!!!! I paid the money (310 euros) so I would like the agent to charge his commission as I had to pay it in the end whether I booked online or not. My booking was not cancelled and I paid cash at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family