“Favourite little hotel in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Diana

Hotel Diana
Ranked #445 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, Canada
“Favourite little hotel in Paris”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Paris but this one really is the perfect excellent value hotel. Travelling alone and in Paris for a total of two weeks (two different stays on same trip) I loved my room with a comfortable double bed, big bathtub/shower and a refrigerator!
The staff are excellent! So helpful and pleasant and all with excellent English skills--so I didn't have to use my terrible verb-less French. They were always ready with advice on good places to eat (don't miss the wonderful Restaurant Perraudin at 157, rue Saint Jacques (just a few blocks away from the hotel) where the duck breast was wonderful and the sommelier more than happy to provide wine pairing suggestions.
I stayed a week at the beginning of my six weeks in Europe and was very happy to be going back there for a week at the end. Perfect left bank location.
Thank you to the helpful and hardworking hotel staff for making this Paris experience better than ever. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the front as I like to see/hear the action. And there are double windows (and a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Forsythe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is a gem, located in the Latin Quarter with good access to public transport, great restuarants and shopping strips.
From the moment we arrived, we found all staff very attentive and helpful with any questions we had - whether it be about local eateries, how to use the transport systems and local history. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
Our room - on the top floor was faultless - very roomy, modern, well heated and clean.
The 8 Euro breakfasts were delicious wiht a good variety of cereals, breads, fruits, yoghurt and hot and cold beverages. Staff were also very accomodating with serving breakfast outside standard hours if needed.
We thoroughtly recommend the Hotel Diana when visiting Paris..... we certainly hope to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a bit more space, we recommend the double superior room on the 6th Floor ( wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Davidb0962_12
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2012

It has taken me a while to get around to this, but I would say that this hotel is a great place for the traveler who likes clean and comfortable but doesn't want luxury. When I am in Paris, my hotel is just a place to sleep and the Hotel Diana is exactly what I needed. The front desk staff is very helpful. My room was just renovated. The location is great, near two Metro lines and walking distance to Luxembourg Gardens and Notre Dame. But then again, Paris is the perfect walking city. My room faced an air shaft which is probably a good thing considering the hotel is on a very heavily trafficked street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank LC_NYC_12
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in the Latin Quarter at the end of September 2012 for a couple of nights. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to review until now but I would highly recommend this hotel. We felt very welcome on arrival and had our luggage carried from the entrance to the lift. Service was excellent and very friendly. Lift was small although not uncommon for Paris. It was a small room with twin beds and a small bathroom. Only problem was that there was a power outage in our room late the first night, but it was quickly solved the next morning. we did not realise until the morning that there was 24 hour security with someone at Reception constantly. Hotel was in a perfect location to explore the surrounding Latin Quarter and Notre Dame and Pantheon, especially on foot. We had the continental breakfast which was just what we needed. The hotel lady went out of her way to bring us extra fruit as we had come down for breakfast a little late. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay as the rooms are quite small, but its a great find for students. Price per night for the location was great. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants you can find on foot. Will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank girl_abroad99
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was my second time at this hotel and surely I intend to come back next time in Paris!
The location is great, the staff is nice and almost all of them speaks perfect English, the rooms are small, like they usually are in Paris, but contains everything you need including safe, refrigerator and free wi-fi. The bathroom was spacious and renovated and finally the breakfast was great . ( if you want more details you can look for my previous review).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank RachelTelAviv_Israel
New Zealand
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want a hotel with friendly, helpful staff, immaculatel clean rooms with comfortable beds and in a great location, the Hotel Diana is fantastic. We had a double room for 5 nights and this is the hotel we will stay at whenever we are in Paris. An added bonus was the fridge in the room and the bathroom with both a bath and shower. This hotel also has a lift. Rooms aren't large but also not "boxes". It is close to musuems, great cafe/restuarants, shopping and a very short walk to the Metro. Don't waste money on a taxi to get to the hotel. Catch the Metro from the airport to St Michael station and the hotel is about a 2 minute walk. Easy to find with the directions provided by the hotel. There is also a supermarket 2 mins away and a small shop just a few doors down. Fantasic location no matter what your reason is for being in Paris.

Room Tip: If you want absolute quiet, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard area but personally I like the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sandy G
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's a great location. 5-10mins walk to RER Luxembourg or <5mins to Metro Cluny - La sorbonne and Maubert mutualite. About 20mins walk to the Notre Dame cathedral. Hotel is so near Boulevard Saint Germain where we found 2 chocolatiers, Patrick Roger and Maison Larnicol. Cafes and Restaurants flank the streets and we were glad we stayed in this area. Hotel room was not big but enough to have 2 big luggage on the floor. Bed was comfortable and clean and the quilt kept us warm throughout the night. Bathroom was clean and spacious with a tub. The closet was abit old but ok to hand a few jackets and shirts. Had a safe which we didn't use. The electric kettle was small but we just made do with it by boiling twice. There were 2 power points in the room, one between the windows, the other between the entrance and the toilet door. They switched off the aircon since it was pretty cold in mid Oct. The bed was comfortable. 2 best things about this hotel is that the breakfast was very very good at €8 and there was an elevator good for 2 average sized persons and 2 luggage. We took the breakfast twice when we knew we would have a long day ahead and I can say that it is a must have as you won't be able to find the same quality/quantity of food outside of the hotel for this price. The delicious coffee or hot chocolate was served in a pot and the lady also offered me chilled milk for the cereal. The croissants, baguette and pain au chocolat tastes so good with the 4 types of jam and butter. There was fruit & plain yogurt, nutella, fromage frais, cheese spread and a big bowl of mixed fruits made up of kiwi, grapes, sometimes mango or pineapple. We paid at check-out. Reservation was through email and confirmation was 1 week before checking-in through email. I will return again if we are in Paris.

Room Tip: Elevator is small, good for 2 average sized adults with luggage.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple