“Great location!”
Review of Pratic Hotel

Pratic Hotel
Ranked #1,549 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went with my husband to spend the weekend for my 30th bday. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean and very warm. One of the best things is the location, just 3' walking to St Paul.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having never been to Paris before, we certainly picked the best location with this hotel. From here we were able to walk to almost all of the sights easily. There were lots of fantastic restaurants within a ten minute radius also. The hotel itself was perfect for what we wanted. We weren't put off by the other reviews of the rooms being too small. For a weekend in this city why would you need a large room? We wanted a clean room with a comfortable bed which was exactly what we found here. We had a room overlooking the square and even with the window open all night we were not disturbed by noise. All members of staff were extremely polite and helpful. Just one small thing to note - it says they have an iron, which they dont. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap hotel in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaSam2003
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel Pratic is a fine budget hotel, in a great location. Easy, three-minute walks to scores of good restaurants. Easy fifteen-minute walk to Place de la Bastille, and the opera there. A five-minute walk to rue de Rossiers -- the old, cobblestoned narrow streets of the Jewish quarter and fine delis and falafel stands; a fifteen-minute walk to the Musee Picasso (though closed through 2014). Very near Place des Vosges. A stone's throw from the wonderful Center for European Photography and its international exhibits. A ten-minute walk to the Seine, and across to l'Ile St. Louis, then on to the Left Bank. Two minutes from the St. Paul metro station, on the wonderful Number 1 line. "Continental breakfast" at 7 euros is a bowl of cold, dry, pastries, and coffee or chocolate -- go to the very-close-by Breakfast in America No. 2 for a much better breakfast, at a slightly higher price -- and in much brighter, friendlier surroundings.

Room Tip: Beware the stairs! Avoid at all costs being given a room on the top floors! Hotel staff is relucta...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank HarvardboyAtlanta
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Small and friendly hotel in good location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms a little on the small side but adequate for a short stay. Bed very comfortable and clean linen. Not a good staircase for anyone with limited mobility, but I'm sure the staff would help.
Nice restaurants close by in St Catherine's Square.
We would use again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CS&CLincoln
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel Practic Paris was by far the best part of my trip to Paris. It is located in the heart of it all, which made it easy to fill the day with shopping and sightseeing. I had a wonderful room that overlooked the courtyard. I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was home cooked and delicious. The staff spoiled me, they attended to me as if i were royalty! Hotel Practic is the best choice if you want to stay in an authentic 5 Star Paris France Hotel at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Book your room at least a month in advance, the courtyard view is great!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Traveling from UK, we've visited Paris for two days and wanted to experience a 5 stars hotel, and Pratic Hotel was the most affordable at that time, and I think we were lucky to find a room for two nights on such a short notice as usually I've seen it's quite crowded and you need to book at least a week in advance to be sure, specially in summer time. Regarding the reservation...I was not impressed by their website at all. Staff was friendly speaking good English and Italian and we've enjoyed staying there, especially the massive wooden frames from the breakfast room and the rustic set up. We've got a clean room and big enough, and the breakfast was nice. Parking nearby seemed a little bit expensive, but considering the central location and the very close metro station... I guess is ok. Maybe is just my expectations when I think about 5 stars ... :) but aside this I can't find any faults. So good conditions and a fair price.

Room Tip: ask for a larger room when the price is the same and choose a lower floor if you don't like to c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucruri F
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was visiting Paris with my friend and we stay just for couple of nights in this basic nice hotel.

It is in great area, with some of the must see sightseeing places nearby and with metro station (150-200 m), so you can reach other parts of town easily. Very good choice of cafe’s and restaurants for drinking and eating in neighborhood and very nice for walking, around 500 meters from Seine. Hotel staff is friendly, useful and with good knowledge of English.

Our room was clean but very small. That is not a problem, when you are all day long outside, visiting this beautiful city. We were on second floor and that was ok, because there is no elevator since this is very old building. Little noisy in the evening from across the street, so you need to close windows if you want good sleep.

Very good choice for middle budget stay in Paris. Very positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends