“Great Location”

Pavillon Villiers Etoile
Ranked #805 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at the Pavillon Villiers Etoile in February 2014. I had booked this particular hotel as my son had stayed here the previous year with his girlfriend and had thought it was perfectly acceptable. Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly receptionist who directed me to my room (123) on the second floor and after assisting me with the room safe I settled into my room.
The hotel is located on a back street just up the road from a street market, there are many bakeries and 'monoprix' (supermarket) in the area. The Metro 'Villiers' is about 200 yards away. Upon check out I was able to leave my luggage until my journey to the airport.
I am a little puzzled by some of the adverse comments about this hotel, the room was of a reasonable size ( i've stayed in smaller and worse) and it was exactly what you would expect for a 3 star. My only negative observation was damage to the table top, presumably from cigarettes, however other than the odd signs of wear and tear there is nothing wrong with this hotel for a short break and would thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank msfoto
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Villiers Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at Pavillon Villiers Etoile.

We are glad to learn that your enjoyed your stay and you’ll recommend our property. Your satisfaction is exactly what we are looking for!

As you mentioned our hotel is located in a quiet street, close to many shops and markets, and not so far from subway and bus station.

We hope to welcome you again for your next stay to our beautiful city!

Pavillon Villiers Etoile ***

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Most of our hotel bookings were done through Agoda, so this time there was no exception. As it was strongly recommended by Agoda as one of the most decent and reasonable one, we booked it for 6 days in Paris.
With high hopes when we arrived in Paris, we went searching for it in the neighborhood. Some of the locals didn't even know as the hotel name was no where to be found on any building of that particular street. When we finally found it after going round and round the block, it was rather sad when we saw the hotel and as we entered the lobby, we felt deep regrets. It was such a shabby one, poor furnitures , no space and we can't check in as it was early . The reception guy left us waiting there without any suggested help, not even a conversation! Finally we just walked out to take a damn long walk outside until 2pm. We booked a twin bed room but we were told that they didn't have one at the moment...? It was really annoying for us but we were still very patient to accept whatever they could offer.
As checked into our room, all I can say was ...Oh My God! It was so small, stuffed with really lousy cabinets at the wrong corners, where we kept knocking our heads into whenever we move in the room, which indeed was a very difficult stunt to do ....if you know what I meant.
The bed was too old and sunk in the middle, the poor thin pillows, hardly any wool or feather inside. Honestly I didn't have a good night of sleep for six days.
The only good thing for me to mention was the convenience of the location. Brasseries, cafés, fruit stalls and a good Monoprix supermarket were the only consolations .
Anyway we knew that this time we made a wrong choice. As specified in the hotel facilities, there was wifi in the room. It was not true at all. There was no wifi at all in the room , we could only use the internet at the lobby, which was so inconvenient for us.
I don't know much about hoteliers, but here I couldn't see any sincerity in their service. Very cold reception, we didn't feel welcome at all in this hotel.
I hope we can have better luck next time.
I sincerely do not recommend this hotel to anyone at all.

Room Tip: No choice at all
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winn3313
VILLIERS P, Front Office Manager at Pavillon Villiers Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to learn that your stay was not as good as you expected. Please, be assured that your remark will be take in consideration in order to avoid the same issue for future. However, we hope that your stay in Paris was pleasant.

The Pavillon Villiers Etoile Management

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading the latest reviews on here i was starting to get a little worried about our trip,but on arrival everything was fine.Dont always go by bad reviews as some people complain about anything and everything. The first thing you got to realise is that this is no 5 star hotel.
1,ROOM,On arrival we were given key to our room and when we opened the door i was a little surprised with the smallness of it,that said we only used it as a base so this was one time size did'nt matter.The room was clean but did look a little dated.
2 STAFF. The staff at hotel were very friendly and didnt hesitate to help us in any way shape or form.
3 FOOD ,Cant comment on food as didnt eat there,although minibar prices are expensive,bit then we are in Paris.
4,CLEANLINESS, Our room was clean and beds made every day and fresh towels so no problems there.
5,WIFI, Wifi was excellent in the lobby,never lost signal.Unfortunately kept losing signal in room.
LOCATION,I have to say the location of this hotel is excellent,with the metro just a few hundred yards away,a pharmacie and street market just around corner,wonderful pattiseries restaurants/bars everywhere
All in all i would recomend this hotel as a great budget hotel and would definately come back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank markandclaire2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. we're pleased to see you had a pleasant stay with us.

We re situated in quiet, safe residential area very close to the center of Paris.

That's to bad you didn't have breakfast at the hotel, beacause we have a great continental breakfast buffet.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
P/O FRONT DESK MANAGER

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of 25th-27th October.

The hotel is in a really good location, close to the Metro and a 30 minute walk away from Montmartre and The Arc of Triumph, for example. There is a good supermarket nearby, as well as many cafes, fromargeries, bistros etc., it is a lively and authentic area.

However, as soon as we arrived we were put down by the stained carpet, bed cover, and curtains. Also, there were quite a few black hairs on the bathroom floor and the other towel. The room was not hoovered or cleaned when visited by the custodian during the next day, as the hair still remained in the bathroom.

A very cheap alternative with a great location, but not a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eero H
VILLIERS P, Front Office Manager at Pavillon Villiers Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing about your stay on Tripadvisor.
As you mentioned our hotel is located in a quiet street, close to many shops and markets, monuments, and not so far from subway and bus station.
However, we are sorry to know that you encountered some difficulties during your stay, as the Cleanless is very important for us; We take in consideration your remarks in order to improve our service.
We hope to see you again for a new experience at the Pavillon Villiers Etoile***

P/O Front Office Manager
Hotel Pavillon Villiers Etoile

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Found this place on a website that revealed the name after the booking was made. I paid $60. per night and glad it wasn't more! For the price it was good but given a choice, I'm not really sure if I would stay there again. The common areas, hallways, and rooms are in dire need of a refresh. The furniture is worn as are the soft furnishings. The sheets were clean and the mattress did appear fairly new. The bathroom was tiled and clean. There was plenty of hot water and the shower powerful. If you can overlook the small rooms and tired decor, this place will work. The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the metro Villiers.The street leading to the hotel is lined with shops, a Monoprix supermarket, produce vendors, and bakery. This is very convenient for budget meals, snacks and wine purchases.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Mit57zi
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Relatively cheap for Paris.
8 minutes walking from closest Metro station.
Rooms are typical small , bed was comfortable. Bathroom bigger than expected so nice :-)

No free wifi in rooms, 3G coverage is good

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yavor
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for 4 nights 29th august- 2nd september. Room was small, but okay for a budget hotel. Had a wardrobe, dressing table, safe and mini bar as well as clean, small en-suite. Staff spoke okay English but not good enough to discuss any problems (only considering my French leaves much to be desired).

Room did not have air-con and it was noisy outside but since it's a city location that was to be expected. Nearby is a food market, excellent boulangerie and a supermarket called 'Monoprix'. Don't pay 8 euro for the hotel breakfast- you can pick up pain au chocolat for 1 euro from said excellent Boulangerie!

Other cons of the hotel were: safe didn't work, no prices displayed for mini bar and we had to lift the lid of the toilet cistern in order to get it to drain correctly (which almost killed the romance).

Overall a good hotel if only using for sleeping in whilst on a short break- good choice if you intend to be out exploring most of the time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple