“Overnight stay”

Hotel Tourisme Avenue
Ranked #163 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our booking was made over the internet months earlier from the other side of the world. On arrival, we were expected and received courteous, helpful service at all levels. The room was not large but very new, nicely equipped and quite sufficient for our needs. We would use Tourisme again. It is in an excellent location

2  Thank Ralph B
Nicolas C, Responsable réception at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive and effcient review.

Glad you enjoyed our hotel, rooms are small but it is a fact in Paris due to old buildings.

We will be happy to welcome you again.

Valérie, Fanny and Nicolas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We missed Paris after our first time visit last year so we had to squeezed in a few days since we were in London. Part of the beautiful Paris experience last year was staying at this hotel so my family (husband and I, 7 yr old son and 7 mos baby) booked this hotel for 4 nights last week.

Unlike last year we were travelling with our new addition so this time we had a bit of additional requirements. We didnt recall that the hotel didnt have a coffee facility or at least an electric kettle. I immediately talked to the staff and they lent us a warmer we used for heating baby's food. The lady assigned at the kitchen pleasantly filled our thermos with hot water daily (my baby had supply of warm milk while we're wandering the streets of paris).

The hotel is undergoing renovation and works start bet 830 and 9am. If you are out early it shouldn't be a problem and you might not actually notice. We would go out the hotel at around 10am everyday so all the noise from drilling works and carpentry caused a few disturbances (especially to our little one). The guys finished before 7pm daily.

We were assigned a room in the first floor facing the street so we could hear people talking from outside (note that there are plenty of resturants beside the hotel so it's quite a busy place with lots of people passing by). The noise could probably be eliminated by keeping windows closed but since it's October and weather was getting cooler the airconditioning system was not working. It becomes quite warm inside with windows shut and didnt bother to ask if they could turn on the AC. Tip: please insist on having a room at the upper floor to avoid this problem.

Remember for your gadgets (mobile, laptops, camera, etc.) don't forget to bring power adaptors. We came from Dubai so the power outlets are not the same as Paris. We bought an adaptor from the nearby Monoprix which costs us 10 euros and used it during our stay (unfortunately we left the adaptor and my hubby's phone charger in the room so now the hotel would have a spare adaptor you can use just in case :))

All in all our stay was still pleasant. The location of this hotel would be one of the major reasons why I would choose to stay here again. Friendly staff and all speaking English. Clean rooms, clean sheets and towels, rooms typically small. Metro station and taxi stand literally just outside the hotel. Starbucks next door, mcdonalds, monoprix, good chinese restau, convenience stores and chocolate and pastry shop all within the area.

I hope this hotel keeps its standard.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elise1106
jpshotel, Responsable réception at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hello!

We thank you to have selected our establishment for your 2nd stay in Paris.

It is totally normal to help families, especially with a baby, he was so cute!

We should put kettle soon.

We apologize about the renovation, it should be done in few weeks.

Your advices will be useful for our next customers, thank you for all your tips!

Hope to welcome you again!

Kind regards

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked this hotel on a recommendation. The small staff is very friendly. The rooms are modest. The facility is clean. Within 100 feet of the front door there are:
>> 3 subway lines.
>> a taxi stand.
>> a Starbucks as well as several food shopping venues, as well as cages.
>> a launderette.
>> a supermarket that carries a modest assortment of Kasher foods.
>> and within 15 - 20 minute walk 2 synagogues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you to have posted such a good report about our hotel.

Our hotel is ideally desserved with its 3 metro lines ( 6, 8 and 10 ), and with the bus lines.

In addition, the area offers a lot of "brasseries" and restaurants for all types of food.

We will be happy to welcome you again

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful fine last week. Oct 10-15th, 2013. (5nights)
I would have to say, the location is perfect near the Eiffel Tower, Subway located under the hotel. Great Cafe's, coffee shops, shopping and wonderful restaurants right in the area. Staff was friendly an willing to assist with reservations, or any other needs that you ask for. Request a room facing the courtyard (very quite) The room an bedding was very comfortable, very Euro like IEKA furnishing . We had a bath tub and shower, heated towel rack, warm the bathroom up for comfort.
As a travel agent I look for special items or bring them with me in my travels. euro plug for outlet an added outlet for your electronics. I always bring a night light, once the lights go out, you have no idea where the bathroom is located at night.
You will enjoy your evening walk to the Eiffel Tower and knowing your room after days of walking is nearby.
I hope to return again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is fabulous.
3  Thank Christine W

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank for your positive review !

We try to do our best to satisfy our customers and we are happy it worked!

You are totally right, we have the chance to be located in a nice area, close by the Eiffel Tower, and it is very easy to reach all attractions of Paris by bus, metro and even by walk.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in October, 2013 as a couple in our late twenties from Australia.

Location to sites - the top of Champ de Mars is 1 min stroll away and the Eiffel Tower is about 5minutes. The hop on hop off bus tours leave from Champ de Mars and the Eiffel which makes it easy to get to other sites such as the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and the Louve. The Metro below the hotel also allows you to hop onto Line 10 and go to Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter with ease.

Public transport - There is La Motte - Grenelle Metro situated below hotel and across the road is a ticket booth with staff to assist you in helping you get the right metro line. There is also the ticket machines. Bus stop out the front of the hotel as well as a taxi rank.

Hotel staff - very informative. We were constantly asking how to get places and they were more than happy to help. When we needed to print off our pre booked Eiffel Tower tickets they let us do so off their printer.

Area - great location for the sites, public transport, restaurants, cafes, clothing stores and laundromat all within a few metres.

Hotel room - basic but what you expect for Europe. Our room on level two (has a lift) could go with some touching up in the bed area. The bathroom was renovated and nice. Tv was a decent size with a couple of English speaking news channels. Full length mirror near a full length cupboard. Desk and chair. However we were disappointed as the AC didn't work. So it got quite warm at times and often too cold outside to have the window open. No iron, no kettle. Numerous power points. Hair dryer. Renovation taking place during the day in the hotel didn't disturb us. Free Wifi

We would recommend the place to others as it is convenient for site seeing and eating out. We would mention with our recommendation that some rooms are starting to look a little old but their ok. We did see some room doors open and some rooms do appear to be nicely renovated recently.

Overall the hotel has served it's purpose - comfortable bed, somewhere to keep our belongings and ideal location.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you to have chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris

We are very lucky to have an hotel with such a good location , on the left bank of the Seine River, near the most visited monument of Paris : the Eiffel Tower!

We are pleased you've liked the reception satff , they do their best to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable !

As you may know, rooms are quite small in Paris, 50% of our rooms have been renovated.

Is it possible to ask an iron, but it is forbidden to use it in the room ( security problems), you have a machin downstairs you can use for coffee.

It will be pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Valérie, Fanny And Nicolas

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I should have written this review long ago...
I need to start with a funny story. In June 2003 I went to Paris for the first time with my high school French teacher and some classmates. Our hotel was basic, but the best part was being literally a couple blocks from the Eiffel Tower. Fast forward 9 years later, and I finally return to Paris with my sister for Spring Break. We had booked the hotel online and had selected this hotel because of its cheap price and positive reviews about how close it was to the Eiffel Tower. As we came out of the Metro station, I turned to her and said, "Oh my gosh, I think I know where we are." We looked across the street and there was our hotel... the same one I had stayed in 9 years before.

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. It is just 2 blocks from the Eiffel Tower in a safe area of the city with a Metro station right across the street and a Starbucks next door. The price is very reasonable. The rooms are decent - your standard European hotel rooms, which to Americans seem kind of dumpy, but they're really decent. For exploring the city, you can't find a cheaper, better location. And as I remember, there was free Internet.

Hopefully the next time I return to Paris, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There were some renovations going on when we were there that were kind of noisy. Hopefully those ar...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Thank you to have taken the time to write a comment on tripadvisor !

We are very happy you've booked twice our hôtel after 9 years !

The location is really perfect , in a wealthy area with lots of restaurants around .

We propose many types of rooms from the classic ones to the family suite at reasonable prices and all the facilities ( free wifi access , air conditioning and flat TV screen

We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights. We stayed in what the hotel refers to as a "family suite". The room provided one proper bed for two people and two cots. My sister and I slept on the cots which were uncomfortable. We didn't have a renovated room, so our room was not very nice. Apart from it looking extremely dated, it also smelled musty and had a lot of stains on the carpet. The blankets on the bed were extremely tattered.

The ceilings in the bathroom were dirty/moldy and the panels seemed to be falling out. There was a problem with the ventilation system in the room so that air only blew out from one of the air vents, which meant part of the room was cold and the other side felt very warm.

However, the biggest turn off was the sign in our room that said that we were not allowed to have any food in the hotel room. This is the first time I've ever stayed at a hotel that had a rule against people having food in their room. I really think the hotel needs to rethink their "no food in the room" policy or clearly state this prohibition when a person books a room. Had we known about this policy we would have booked a room at another hotel because one of my family members has medication that has to be taken before bed with food to reduce the side effects.

Our interaction with hotel staff was limited, they were neither overly friendly or cold, just average.

On the plus side, the hotel did have a good location near the Eiffel Tour and they are doing renovations, which I assume will rectify the smells and mold that we experienced in our room. However, the "no food" rule is a show-stopper for me and my family. Seeing as though I've been to Paris before, and stayed at other hotels in the area and didn't have any of the issues I experienced at Hotel Tourisme, I think I will pass on this hotel in the future if I ever go back to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ARo-13
ALAIN F, Gérant at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We have read your critics with attention.

We apologise for the lack of cleanliness you found in your room. This is clearly deceptive for us as we try to reach a very high standard of cleanliness.

We are sorry also for not having well communicated with you as for you took for a demand our note wishing not to bring food in your room. In fact the meaning of our note was “please if you bring food pay attention to keep clean your room for hygienic purpose ”.
As your certainly noticed there was a mini-fridge in your room and we are going to equip our premium and suite room with a mini-fridge and a welcome tray. So it would be totally inconsistent to prevent clients from using it.

The critics of our customers help us to improve our services and we do pay attention to their remarks, but a mark of 1 out of 5 has a tremendous effect on our rank on tripadvisor and we think we do not deserve such a negative opinion.

Our focus on our renovation may have punctually prevented us from granting our client the service they have the right to claim, but we are sure that if you ever come back in our hotel you will completely change your opinion as we are aiming a high level of services for our hotel’s category